Body/paint issues

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just curious if anyone else found any cosmetic issues, I found 3.

Found what looks like a dimple in the hood it looks like the tack weld hit something since it is perfectly aligned with the tack weld on the inside. I found 2 spots of the paint bubbling at the bottom of the drivers door. Didn't notice them until I detailed it out this weekend. The dealer took pictures and Ford is going to take care of them. I just hate them messing with the paint. But my OCD when it comes to cars means it has to be fixed. The bummer is they said they need the car for a week to fix it.
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I have a dimple in the rear decklid and kinda sounds to what you are describing. Whatever it is, it looks like it was done at the factory not the dealer.

OP
OP
Millgeo5

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a dimple in the rear decklid and kinda sounds to what you are describing. Whatever it is, it looks like it was done at the factory not the dealer.

You can tell my defects are factory, sure that's why they wasted no time in approving warranty repair within hours of receiving the pictures. Wasn't even a hint of hesitation, was kind of surprised since I had it a week before I found them.

OP
OP
Millgeo5

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
About 1/4" long each looks like something was on the door when sprayed and the paint didn't stick they are on the trailing end of the door about 3" from the bottom of the door.

Sponsored

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
I have 2 spots I noticed on my passenger side that look like runny paint on the bottom edge of the door and the joint between the two panels in front of the rear wheel. I noticed them when detailing the car so I think im guna take a some time this weekend and look over every inch of the car and document what I find.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I found an edge that has a small amount of sag to the paint. It's hidden when the trunk is closed. It's on an edge anyway. If I would have painted it myself, and that happened in same place, on one of my projects, I wouldn't have worried about it. I'm very finicky about my cars but also realistic lol

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
TY repair?

I have ordered a TY. Let us know how well 'spot' paint repairs go.
I asked my dealer about 'touch-up' paint (for small paint chips) for the TY...
because TY is a brand new paint color and triple layer, he had no idea how well the touch-up paint would look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Millgeo5

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have ordered a TY. Let us know how well the 'spot' paint repairs go.
I asked my dealer about 'touch-up' paint (for small paint chips) for the TY...
because TY is a brand new paint color and triple layer, he had no idea how well touch-up pain would look.

I got my Car back from the shop today, they painted the hood and drivers door and they did an amazing job matches perfectly and is flawless. Took them a week and a half but was well worth the wait.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
More of these cars are getting paint work done after assembly but before delivery then they would like to admit. If you see issues with your paint it may have already been re done.

Lakeland-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SErik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
For those that detail their own cars and look closely at the paint quality: these cars have much room for improvement. The factory definitely needs a better paint booth/shop, but Ford's had that problem for decades, so why would it change now.

Keep in perspective the $25k version of these cars gets the same paint as the $40+ version and it shows. German car paint quality it is not. 'Murica!
Sponsored