Sponsored

BMR SP080 Alignment Specs (Pictures)

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
I disagree on your assessment. toe in in the rear is used to increase power out stability. For speed, you should run as little as you feel comfortable with. If the back end is twitchy coming out of corners, you can use more toe in to help. In the front, I didn't center the steering wheel. That's why the measurements don't match. I wasn't doing an alignment, just a quick check. Total toe is what I was looking at.

Do you work in a shop? Have you done an alignment?
Oops, I flipped the signs - my bad. Your total front looks perfect but why go through the trouble without centering your steering wheel?

We agree.

Edit - I've edited my response to OP as he's actually running front toe out which I would not do for a street car.
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Everything looks great except the front toe.

I do not like toe out. Toe it in a touch....as mentioned (I think) in the posts above.

For a streetcar with SP080 springs I usually do:

FRONT
.03 - .05 toe per side, total toe to not exceed .10

REAR
.12 - .15 toe per side, total toe to not exceed .30

Saw your message pop up, haven't checked it - but hope that helps whoever is reading!

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Oops, I flipped the signs - my bad. Your total front looks perfect but why go through the trouble without centering your steering wheel?

We agree.

Edit - I've edited my response to OP as he's actually running front toe out which I would not do for a street car.
ah ok

to answer your question, I didn't notice that the steering wheel was offset until after I snapped the photo and took the targets off. careless error. Total toe is still useful though.

Very interested to see what happens to my alignment after I put the new springs on!

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah ok

to answer your question, I didn't notice that the steering wheel was offset until after I snapped the photo and took the targets off. careless error. Total toe is still useful though.

Very interested to see what happens to my alignment after I put the new springs on!
Yep, that's fair. So long as the wheel is straight-ish while driving then your front should be good, based on your total toe.

I wonder how good the factory alignment is - my car drives pretty good but it will be interesting to throw it on a rack soon.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I've only got 1500 or so miles, so this is about what mine came with. Suspension settles though, so alignment changes after a while and needs to get re-set.

After I do my install, I will definitely be setting everything up exactly the way I want it to be... Sad to see that the camber adjusters that I ordered probably weren't needed. Oh well!

Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Everything looks great except the front toe.

I do not like toe out. Toe it in a touch....as mentioned (I think) in the posts above.

For a streetcar with SP080 springs I usually do:

FRONT
.03 - .05 toe per side, total toe to not exceed .10

REAR
.12 - .15 toe per side, total toe to not exceed .30

Saw your message pop up, haven't checked it - but hope that helps whoever is reading!
I think this message is regarding my alignment, so all other values as they stand are within ideal spec for your springs? I only need to have them change the front toe from -0.03 and -0.01 to 0.03-0.05? Appreciate the input!

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
New Alignment Specs

Here is the new alignment measurements from today, let me know what you think. Thanks!
IMG_3503.jpg

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Curious about this. Im installing same sp080 springs on mine in a few days and I was told no alignment was needed with these.
You'll definitely want an alignment. I installed the SP080 and my camber/toe was out of whack.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, toe looks excellent for a street car. I'm sure the steering is nice and calm now.
Sponsored