OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Also decided to pick up the Steeda IRS subframe braces and thinking of getting a cradle lockout kit as well.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Also decided to pick up the Steeda IRS subframe braces and thinking of getting a cradle lockout kit as well.
The BMR lockout kit is not compatible with the Steeda braces. You must use the steeda subframe bushing support kit, and the alignment dowels once you have the braces.

In terms of net effect: BMR CB005 is more or less equivalent to the Braces + Bushing Support system + alignment dowels. The dowels for the CB005 can still help just a little bit, but the front arms for the CB005 force the subframe to center around the bolt hole. Both setups, the BMR and Steeda, work well.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The BMR lockout kit is not compatible with the Steeda braces. You must use the steeda subframe bushing support kit, and the alignment dowels once you have the braces.

In terms of net effect: BMR CB005 is more or less equivalent to the Braces + Bushing Support system + alignment dowels. The dowels for the CB005 can still help just a little bit, but the front arms for the CB005 force the subframe to center around the bolt hole. Both setups, the BMR and Steeda, work well.
If I read this right, the addition of the CB005 would be the most economical way to achieve the same results, yes?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I read this right, the addition of the CB005 would be the most economical way to achieve the same results, yes?
That's generally how I see it, yes.

repins1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB
That's generally how I see it, yes.
CB005 is impressive to say the least. I have had it installed for well over a year. I was initially skeptical of the claims but took the advice found in the suspension forum and got it. It does everything BMR said it would do. I spoke to Kelly Aiken (BMR Tech) about any questions I had regarding changes in performance and handling; everything he told me proved true.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Much thanks.

I ordered the BMR camber bolt, do i need to get camber plates as well?

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I have the handling springs and Koni Yellow struts/shocks along with cradle lockout and vertical links. The car handles like it's on rails. The only issue is that it's a bit too low up front. The passenger tire rubs on inner fenderwell when turning. Other then that, I love them. Nice ride quality and great handling.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the handling springs and Koni Yellow struts/shocks along with cradle lockout and vertical links. The car handles like it's on rails. The only issue is that it's a bit too low up front. The passenger tire rubs on inner fenderwell when turning. Other then that, I love them. Nice ride quality and great handling.
You could update to the newer version of the front handling springs (7/8" drop).

Last edited:
OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. You a-holes have me looking into ALL kinds of crap when all I wanted to do was lower my new car. :crackup:

I've been figuring out how to best do what I'm going to be doing, and it looks like we are going all the way now. Thanks @BmacIL , when I'm sleeping on the couch next month its going to be your fault.

Ok, so I've spoken to Steeda and BMR now at this point. Steeda is offering a deal on their active dampers that gets them to a price point that they are competitive with the Ford Racing dampers. Thoughts on which ones should be used on Steeda vs. Ford Racing with my SP080's?

Also, I have decided against the Camber plates as I don't think I'll need them for my application but am open to suggestion.

Current Plan:
BMR SP080's
BMR CB005
Steeda or Ford Racing dampers..?
Camber bolts or Camber plates..?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Up to you on dampers. Well-tuned monotube passive dampers are pretty darn good. Definitely plates over bolts, but depends on your budget.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I would forgo the SP080s tbh and just get the handling springs and Bilsteins. That combo is said to be amazing. I'm not a fan of going that low in the front bc of what it does to the geometry. To counteract the additional body roll of the lowered ride height you need higher spring rate to compensate.

Edit: The Sp080 is like same rates as stock but 1.2" lower. I'd rather see a smaller drop and higher rate springs. Really makes the car more responsive and predictable.

And I would recommend plates also.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Ok. You a-holes have me looking into ALL kinds of crap when all I wanted to do was lower my new car. :crackup:

I've been figuring out how to best do what I'm going to be doing, and it looks like we are going all the way now. Thanks @BmacIL , when I'm sleeping on the couch next month its going to be your fault.

Ok, so I've spoken to Steeda and BMR now at this point. Steeda is offering a deal on their active dampers that gets them to a price point that they are competitive with the Ford Racing dampers. Thoughts on which ones should be used on Steeda vs. Ford Racing with my SP080's?

Also, I have decided against the Camber plates as I don't think I'll need them for my application but am open to suggestion.

Current Plan:
BMR SP080's
BMR CB005
I lol’d

I’ll chime in and say that the CB005 and SP080’s are fantastic.

I don’t think you need camber plates. I’m not running them - just the camber bolts.

I’ll also add this. Get the Steeda subframe alignment kit when you do the 005.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-alignment-kit-rear-subframe-for-bmr-cb005-555-4447.html

5had0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP M6
In the same boat. I get it. Initially (before I had done a bunch of reading here) I had a set of sportlines sitting waiting to be installed.
Fast forward 3 months, now I have a set of Ford racing track shocks/ along with a bunch of Steeda and BMR components waiting to get installed.
Just looking at the pile made me think “So... I could have gotten that corsa exhaust” All I wanted was to lower the car lol.
Past experience with another car told me it’s seriously always a trade off with suspension. One thing will fix and improve a certain part of what you want while throwing off another. Just not interested in rebuilding the suspension 4x. Nor do I have the time.
Every time a thought of cheaping out arises, the memory of that car comes back. I swear the dash board wanted to detach and attack me at some points. No way. Not doing that again. Be patient and buy in rounds if you need to. Just do it right. It’ll cost so much more in labor and headaches if you don’t .02

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase

Current Plan:
BMR SP080's
BMR CB005
I would drop camber plates from your list and replace them with the Steeda roll center and bump steer kit. A 1.2” drop is similar to mine and I greatly benefitted from installing these. It’s night and day. Of course, if you can do both then go for it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would drop camber plates from your list and replace them with the Steeda roll center and bump steer kit. A 1.2” drop is similar to mine and I greatly benefitted from installing these. It’s night and day. Of course, if you can do both then go for it.
Yeah this is definitely a good idea.
Sponsored