SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
For the right price, everything's for sale. I've had the car for 10 months, grown kind of bored with it. Need to scratch my Terminator or Z06 itch.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Received what is pretty much a brand new clutch assembly from mcLeod today. Turns out I wasn't crazy and the shop actually did install it incorrectly. Fucking morons. Drove two hours there and fought traffic for 3 hours back but I've got a new set-up. Now to deal with the shop.

Dropped the new clutch off today, I told him I'm not paying for labor this time and he looked at me like I said I banged his daughter. No negotiations. He said he couldn't figure out how they messed up and that if it was install error, why would McLeod cover it under warranty? He's a nice guy, stood his ground but didn't cop an attitude. In the end, I still was out of a car for longer than necessary.

it should be done by tomorrow. I'll be picking it up tomorrow night. If it feels fucked again I'll contact BBB.
I am confused. Who wrote that note admitting install error? (Sorry for the whole ordeal by the way.)

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I am confused. Who wrote that note admitting install error? (Sorry for the whole ordeal by the way.)
Sorry, I wrote that post in kind of a rush. That's a tech from McLeod (Art) explaining what they replaced and what they observed on the original clutch. It's a hand written note but it's better than nothing. Gave me some ammo to throw at my mechanic. He kept asking me questions and I kept telling him to call McLeod and talk to art.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
6 hours and 24 minutes till I'm off work.. ~7 hours till I'm at the shop picking her up.

You could say I'm kind of excited to have her back. :)

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
6 hours and 24 minutes till I'm off work.. ~7 hours till I'm at the shop picking her up.

You could say I'm kind of excited to have her back. :)
Congrats! I bet your neighbors are too! :lol:

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
For the right price, everything's for sale. I've had the car for 10 months, grown kind of bored with it. Need to scratch my Terminator or Z06 itch.
Just go with some boost...your itch will be scratched ...trust me :D

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Congrats! I bet your neighbors are too! :lol:
:first::headbang::ford: > **** neighbors :rant:

Just go with some boost...your itch will be scratched ...trust me :D
Dude, you have no idea how badly I want boost. But with my job, that's at least a year and a half out. I was looking at PP GT's randomly. I never regretted picking up a base model until I realized how good the brakes on the PP are. Time to find a donor car cause I'm not buying a new GT and swapping clutches again . :doh:

Sponsored

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Kind of. Car's back but I had to pay $500 for a busted axle so I'm running on E. :frusty:
That sucks, sorry to hear you are having more trouble. Hopefully you'll have some smoother times ahead!

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
So from the first post I thought you broke an axle, which I finally see on page 7. So when did you find out you broke an axle?
I would also imagine that if the axle was broke during this whole ordeal that you destroyed the clutches in the rear differential putting it in gear and driving. That's why it felt like the brakes were on. Eventually not moving anymore. Limited slip would allow it to roll a little with a broken axle until the clutched smoked creating an open differential.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
That sucks, sorry to hear you are having more trouble. Hopefully you'll have some smoother times ahead!
I'm hoping for the same! Thanks man. :cheers:

So from the first post I thought you broke an axle, which I finally see on page 7. So when did you find out you broke an axle?
I would also imagine that if the axle was broke during this whole ordeal that you destroyed the clutches in the rear differential putting it in gear and driving. That's why it felt like the brakes were on. Eventually not moving anymore. Limited slip would allow it to roll a little with a broken axle until the clutched smoked creating an open differential.
I found out that I broke an axle after the independent shop finished installing clutch #2. They attempted to drive the vehicle and it was still displaying the same symptoms so they put it back on the lift and noticed the broken driver's side axle. I still find this ridiculous. They had the car on a lift for two weeks prior to this and despite my asking, never thoroughly checked the rear-end of the vehicle. The shop owner had the nerve to say: "My son saw you at a car meet, man. Doing burnouts and donuts. You're abusing your car, that's why your new clutch blew up so soon."

I had the axle repaired at Ford, if the diff is shot I'll go back and take it up with them.

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I'm hoping for the same! Thanks man. :cheers:

I found out that I broke an axle after the independent shop finished installing clutch #2. They attempted to drive the vehicle and it was still displaying the same symptoms so they put it back on the lift and noticed the broken driver's side axle. I still find this ridiculous. They had the car on a lift for two weeks prior to this and despite my asking, never thoroughly checked the rear-end of the vehicle. The shop owner had the nerve to say: "My son saw you at a car meet, man. Doing burnouts and donuts. You're abusing your car, that's why your new clutch blew up so soon."

I had the axle repaired at Ford, if the diff is shot I'll go back and take it up with them.
K
The way you described what happened to your car, both the dealer and the Independent shop should have checked this before anything else. It's totally amazing the incompetence from both.

Burnouts and doughnuts don't ruin clutches, just tires if done right.

As for the differential, it should be fine, it's the clutches that may be bad. Causing one wheel to spin during a burnout, or when cornering the inside tire spins a lot more easily then before.

Sorry to hear about such experiences, this is why I don't like letting anyone work on my vehicles. You almost have to interview the person doing the work beforehand to make sure they didn't just fall off the turnip truck.
Sponsored