Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Sounds like a shaft snapped in the trans. Changing gears is fine but no power going thru it. The broken ends grinding against each other might let the car move a little but not much. Then finally if a gear slips out of place it locks up and the car won't roll at all. Let us know.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Video posted to page 4 for anyone new to this thread -

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Sounds like a shaft snapped in the trans. Changing gears is fine but no power going thru it. The broken ends grinding against each other might let the car move a little but not much. Then finally if a gear slips out of place it locks up and the car won't roll at all. Let us know.
Sounds about right, that would also explain why the car goes nowhere in reverse and simply rolls forward. Does this also explain why the car won't stall when I let the clutch out with no throttle input?

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Spoke to Bryan at McLeod racing and he's saying it sounds clutch related at this point. There is a possibility that something broke within the transmission though.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Time to swap a Magnum XL in!

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Wonder if this is related to the clutch problems you had previously. Hope you get it up and running with zero money out of pocket bud.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Time to swap a Magnum XL in!
Nooooo, don't say that! Lol. I don't have the funds for any major mod purchases for a while.

Wonder if this is related to the clutch problems you had previously. Hope you get it up and running with zero money out of pocket bud.
Thanks, man. If it is related to that, hopefully the shop will stand by their work and correct everything this time since Ford is going to put everything in writing. I've been told a few times that my car's a lemon. Now more than ever, I believe it.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
May i ask why you upgraded the orig clutch was it wore out? Or just an upgrade to mcleod?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Oh ok i will be interested in the outcome im pretty baffled by this.
As am I, dude! Lol. I'm pretty set on this situation being the deciding factor as to whether or not I keep this car.

Hopefully I'll hear back from the dealer today with *good* news. :cheers:

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Original clutch kicked the bucket.
In your video, it looks like you only have 19K miles on the car. Did the original crap out that soon?

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
In your video, it looks like you only have 19K miles on the car. Did the original crap out that soon?
Mine kicked the bucket around 18k. I know of people on this forum who have clutches that have gone out at an even lower mileage and a couple guys in real life whose clutches have also blown up early as well.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] please advise.
Car was towed to ford last night. I'd much rather it be something along those lines than a transmission or clutch. What leads you to believe that it's a half shaft or driveshaft?
Thanks for the mention, SD_GT! Glad you brought it in to get diagnosed. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Update - Just spoke my service advisor at Kearny Pearson Ford and he told me that he could have them roll it into the bay and get it on a lift or take their word for it - the new clutch is toast. They're not going to charge me the $150 diagnostic fee since they just hopped in and did a couple tests in under 10 minutes to confirm this. So, at least I saved $150 here. I'm gonna need it in a bit.

Ford suspects that the clutch was installed incorrectly thus causing it to fail prematurely. Anyone who's been following my threads on this forum knows that I've been having issues since the day I picked the car up and the mechanic has pretty much been giving me the cold shoulder.

Now, I don't have it in writing but my SA and their best transmission tech are saying the clutch is toast. How the hell do I fight the shop to get this fixed or for me to be reimbursed?! Between all the back and forth towing, downtime, issues and repetitive visits, I'm in over $1,900 and I've barely driven my car! I don't know the exact number but the clutch has just around 1,000 miles on it now. I find it hard to believe that I could grenade an RXT just like that with basic bolt-ons.

I think I'm siding with the dealership on this one, they fucked up the install. I just hope I don't have to pay to correct their mistakes.

Sorry for any grammar/spelling errors. I'm typing this on my lunch break while fuming. Feels like I'm making payments on a car I don't even really own thanks to this shop.
Sponsored