SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Am I imagining things or have you had bad luck with your car?
You're not imagining. The last 6 months have been rough to the point where I almost get ready to part out, take it for a drive and fall back in love and then something like this happens. You know of any great local dealerships?

At this point, I really regret not getting the LS3 C6 I had originally planned on. Every car has their quirks but I'm having one hell of a time with this one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] please advise.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
You're not imagining. The last 6 months have been rough to the point where I almost get ready to part out, take it for a drive and fall back in love and then something like this happens. You know of any great local dealerships?

At this point, I really regret not getting the LS3 C6 I had originally planned on. Every car has their quirks but I'm having one hell of a time with this one.
Kearney Pearson Ford would be my recommendation. And as far as quirks, you're being overly optimistic. I just read your other threads; you got a bad car. I've owned GM, Ford, Toyota and Jeep. The worst I've encountered was defective Dana 44s on my 2011 Rubicon. After 2 failures, Jeep bought it back when I threatened to sue. In your case, you should polish up your car and list it for sale. You've spent quite a bit in parts the return has been minimal to you. I would cut my losses. I don't know your financial circumstances, but if you can't sell it, trade it in for a used Altima to eat up whatever negative equity you have; if you have any at all. Then reassess what you want to buy in the future and plan for it. This Mustang seems like it's been nothing but headaches for you. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Kearney Pearson Ford would be my recommendation. And as far as quirks, you're being overly optimistic. I just read your other threads; you got a bad car. I've owned GM, Ford, Toyota and Jeep. The worst I've encountered was defective Dana 44s on my 2011 Rubicon. After 2 failures, Jeep bought it back when I threatened to sue. In your case, you should polish up your car and list it for sale. You've spent quite a bit in parts the return has been minimal to you. I would cut my losses. I don't know your financial circumstances, but if you can't sell it, trade it in for a used Altima to eat up whatever negative equity you have; if you have any at all. Then reassess what you want to buy in the future and plan for it. This Mustang seems like it's been nothing but headaches for you. Just my opinion.
Seems that's the route I'm headed down now. Just sucks to know that I'll be losing so much money. I really do love this car, but it is killing me slowly.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
It won't pull away in 1st gear at all? Or does it just make the squeal noise?

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking it has something to do with the clutch or throw out bearing would be my best guess whether it has damaged your trans or not will be seen later when torn down.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Sounds like the clutch is toast

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
If his sig is correct he has a RXT in it...you really can't destroy them. I have an RXT and on my third trans. Also Ford will not warranty if you are running a RXT.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
It won't pull away in 1st gear at all? Or does it just make the squeal noise?
Won't pull away in any gear, just makes that squealing noise.

I would think it's the clutch but the thing is that the pedal feel is still nice and consistent and it feels the same as it did before this happened. Also, I have absolutely 0 trouble rowing through the gears. When my OEM clutch gave out, I couldn't get it into any gear.

If his sig is correct he has a RXT in it...you really can't destroy them. I have an RXT and on my third trans. Also Ford will not warranty if you are running a RXT.
I do have an RXT, yes. I don't think the clutch blew up for the reasons I listed above.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Won't pull away in any gear, just makes that squealing noise.

I would think it's the clutch but the thing is that the pedal feel is still nice and consistent and it feels the same as it did before this happened. Also, I have absolutely 0 trouble rowing through the gears. When my OEM clutch gave out, I couldn't get it into any gear.

I do have an RXT, yes. I don't think the clutch blew up for the reasons I listed above.
The clutch is slightly harder to tell due to the hydraulics, with pedal pressure

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
The clutch is slightly harder to tell due to the hydraulics, with pedal pressure
It just seems weird that the clutch and trans feel perfect. I'm trying to find the cause of that whining sound that builds with revs.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
It just seems weird that the clutch and trans feel perfect. I'm trying to find the cause of that whining sound that builds with revs.
It is weird but think of it like this if it were in the irs and your trans was working you would either be moving when you ease outof the clutch, unless your driveshaft is missing or both your axles are disconnected but you cant move the car at all with the trans and i bet if you could get up under the car and watch wile someone tries to take off you would see some movement of the driveshaft.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
It is weird but think of it like this if it were in the irs and your trans was working you would either be moving when you ease outof the clutch, unless your driveshaft is missing or both your axles are disconnected but you cant move the car at all with the trans and i bet if you could get up under the car and watch wile someone tries to take off you would see some movement of the driveshaft.
See, yesterday I could move the car with the trans, it just moved very slowly. Like the brakes were being applied or something.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Sounds like clutch or trans,who installed clutch,and did u go with the hyd throwout bearing?
Sponsored