Sponsored

Black lugs for PP1 wheels

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys. I'm looking at getting black lugs for my '19 PP1. I'm wondering if anyone has used these from American Muscle - https://www.americanmuscle.com/6spline-lugnuts-black-1516.html

Price is attractive but I'm looking for advice from someone who has used them on PP1 wheels. I'm not sure if they are gorilla or what - there is no manufacturer listed.

Thank you!
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
ford performance parts
wheel nuts m-1012-n

these are open steel nuts which work great especially if you have extended arp studs.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I have those exact lugs on my PP1 wheels. I'm happy with them and have no complaints. I got them free from American Muscle, they have a monthly give away of 100 bucks in store credit for pics and reviews of purchases made and I won it last year in June or July. Anyway they fit fine and look a lot better than the silver two piece factory lugs that come on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have those exact lugs on my PP1 wheels. I'm happy with them and have no complaints. I got them free from American Muscle, they have a monthly give away of 100 bucks in store credit for pics and reviews of purchases made and I won it last year in June or July. Anyway they fit fine and look a lot better than the silver two piece factory lugs that come on it.
Awesome, thank you. They look quite a bit smaller than the stock lugs but I'm just basing that on the online pictures - not first hand experience...

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, those are small diameter lugs, and spline drive, not typical hex nuts.

If you want replacements for stock wheels, get the Gorilla full size ones in black instead of these smaller lugs designed for narrow lug nut holes in aftermarket wheels.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Yeah, those are small diameter lugs, and spline drive, not typical hex nuts.

If you want replacements for stock wheels, get the Gorilla full size ones in black instead of these smaller lugs designed for narrow lug nut holes in aftermarket wheels.
These will still work on pp1 wheels without a problem, atleast these similar ones have worked for me on the pp1 wheels for about 20k miles. I was a bit concerned at first because they are a bit different shape and may not contact the OEM wheels as much as the OEM, but havent had problems at all.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/CAL-755514STB

They also work on vms racing wheels.

Havent had much luck with any conical style nuts holding up to impact wrenches but these spline drive have held up well.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla...black-chrome-set-mustang-2015-2021/p/WHLLN28/

I would go for these. They are the actual gorilla lug nuts which are a lot pricier but the quality is excellent and they have the bigger factory bulge to have more contact area with the oem wheel. Plus they bring a locking lug nut to make sure your wheels can’t be stolen. I personally bought the chrome version this week since my oem locking lug nuts are chrome and they’re great. Heck they pay for themselves just by not having to deal with the oem 2 piece style lug nuts.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have a set of those full size Gorilla lugs (minus the locking) - part number 61148CX and they’re very good quality and hold up to impact wrenches just fine for many many (many) uses.

the spline drives above look very awkwardly long and wont fill the seat of the stock wheels. Get the larger size gorillas for stock wheels, they fit correctly.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Put those on my 19 base GT last April after painting my calipers black. Look great, very happy with them so far.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
With 150 ft/lbs of torque, I wouldn't use the thin ones. Plus as mentioned, they have a shallower cone, therefore less contact area. I used the full size black Gorillas, part number 61148BCX (the 'B' is the black version). They're basically identical in size to OEMs, and they even have a larger conical surface area. Oh, and they're steel; I don't trust aluminum or magnesium for that high of a torque, but to each his own. Hope this helps.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Sigh. CJ Pony Parts thanks you for reminding me there was something else I needed to buy. Just placed an order for a set of 61148BCX. Not interested in the "locking" lug, and they had a bit of a sale on. Or so I told myself.
Sponsored