Birds dropping acid bombs

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
It was a gorgeous day yesterday to drive the Mustang to work. Parked it in my usual isolated spot and returned 8 hours later to find a few blueberry bird shit splats on my hood. No biggie, was planning to wash the car after work anyway. After washing it off I noticed a residual haze like a water mark left on the PPF film. I tried quick detailer spray but it wasn't doing anything to restore the full luster. It's only visible when the light hits it. So 8 hours is all it takes for bird shit to leave a permanent mark? That's insane. WTF are those birds eating?
Any ideas to restore the PPF film? I haven't tried anything other than a hybrid wax spray. Maybe leaving it in the sun will cure the film?
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thought I would try warming up the PPF film as that's what you do to heal it. Well it worked! I gradually warmed up the area with some careful heat gun work. This PPF film is amazing stuff!

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Imagine that scenario without PPF!!!
I don't want to.
I'm thinking the whole damn car should be covered in PPF. But the cost... :lipssealed:

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
You can also ceramic coat the PPF to protect it from bird droppings. My hood was bombed a few weeks ago and it dried on the hood. The droppings just flaked right off, no mark on the PPF at all.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Berry stained bird shit will etch paint really fast....
Sponsored