Sponsored

Big dogs & Mustangs....

jbryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possible 2019 GT PP1 or PP2
Show me pics of your big dog in the back of your Mustang......rear seat delete or not. I have a 92lb Golden Retriever and considering getting a new GT. I currently have a FJ Cruiser (toy) and Lexus CT200h (daily) and debating on adding the GT as a 3rd vehicle (2nd toy) or replacing the CT200h with it since it's so damn boring.

Either way, my Golden has no problems riding in either vehicle that I currently own.
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Show me pics of your big dog in the back of your Mustang......rear seat delete or not. I have a 92lb Golden Retriever and considering getting a new GT. I currently have a FJ Cruiser (toy) and Lexus CT200h (daily) and debating on adding the GT as a 3rd vehicle (2nd toy) or replacing the CT200h with it since it's so damn boring.

Either way, my Golden has no problems riding in either vehicle that I currently own.
My 3 grandsons from 8 thru 16 fit fine.one warning though I was driving my vert with top down,and stopped to talk with a neighbor.his happy golden.decided he wantef a closer look and jumped up the passenger door,leaving several serious scratches,which cost 500 bucks to fix since I have a tricolor paint,ruby red metallic.maybe just carry her over and drop her in.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
They make seat protectors that hook over the front and rear headrests to form a kind of hammock for them. Most come with short leashes that plug into the seatbelt too.
Personally, I've got an Edge and a Fusion so the chances of a dog riding g in the Mustang are near nil.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
They make seat protectors that hook over the front and rear headrests to form a kind of hammock for them. Most come with short leashes that plug into the seatbelt too.
Personally, I've got an Edge and a Fusion so the chances of a dog riding g in the Mustang are near nil.
Same here. Between the RAV, the Corolla and the Ram, carrying my 80# lab mix in the Mustang isn't likely.

Cbaran44742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Magnetic
Not a complete view but...She's a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) about 108-110lbs. Biggest key for me is slide/move the passenger seat up almost all the way and get a back seat cover. I'd say the best solution would be rear seat delete and add a dog bed or something. The hump the 2 back seats make in the middle cause them to feel smaller.
952033F4-4326-4F68-AEB1-C836EB015F15.jpeg

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I take the wife’s Subaru or my Truck when I’ve got the dogs with me just saying

Danacblack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1
I have a 60lb and a 80lb dog. They can both fit in the back seats together when I need to take them anyplace. I don't think twice about it.

Reactions: XS

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
My husky wolf hybrid. Shes about 85lbs with the footprint of 100lb dog. Fit just fine hair was a bitch to get out but i just threw the towel down over the seats and she hung out the window.
16E37960-1BD5-4297-B8CB-0AE51FB00663.jpeg

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
My husky wolf hybrid. Shes about 85lbs with the footprint of 100lb dog. Fit just fine hair was a bitch to get out but i just threw the towel down over the seats and she hung out the window.
16E37960-1BD5-4297-B8CB-0AE51FB00663.jpeg

Great pic. Is your dog in the back seat or the front ?
Hard to tell. Looks like back seat sticking her/his head up front.

And yeah the dog hair can be crazy. My German Shepherd sheds all over the place. Luckily I have a couple cars. I can't deal with all that hair in the Mustang although I'd do it if that was the only car I had.

Stella

xSMFfou.jpg

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP

And yeah the dog hair can be crazy. My German Shepherd sheds all over the place. Luckily I have a couple cars. I can't deal with all that hair in the Mustang although I'd do it if that was the only car I had.

Stella

xSMFfou.jpg
shes in the back but needs to be next to me too haha shes a little attached. she sheds bad but since we rescued another dog i dont take her in the mustang anymore cause i wouldnt be able to fit both and i feel bad leaving one at home .

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Stella

xSMFfou.jpg
Thats not a german sheperd it's a German shedder

Stella

xSMFfou.jpg
I call my dog a german shedder

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I would post a pic if I could get one, but it's not possible ha. Have a 70lb husky and he starts jumping over everything if I stop for just a moment so getting a picture would be really hard. He's learning though. Once we're going he's totally fine. I think to him, stopped = time to get out and have fun and activities. He goes to car events with me and people either get it or they're totally bewildered that I would carry a husky in my car. Fur is easy to vacuum up and he's never scratched anything so why not.

Roadsign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'll have to get some pics. I bought one of those seat covers that attach to the headrest (have Recaro's and use the harness holes). My 100+lb Rottweiler likes her roadtrips but it's easier in the suv.