Sponsored

BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
This is after the second batch of Ford Fluid was in there for about 5K miles. I changed it to BG for the third fill. Dealer changed it the first time and noted heavy accumulation on the magnets. That was at 2-3K miles. Mine hasn't blown up yet. The part that will fail on these is going to be the pinion bearing on a 3.73 car. Getting closer to the release of our cooler kit but not there yet.
Hey Tommy, was about to pull the trigger on just the trans kit but now will likely get the combo kit base on this post (and pic). And the fact that l might as well knock both out at the same time the car is up on stands.
A question l have is you mention the pinion bearing related to the 3.73. Are you saying the Torsen cars are different (for bearing failure) vs. the Trac-lok diff, or just because of it being track related like exhibiting more heat/metal in the fluid?
Just asking out of curiosity as l have a non PPGT, like if it would be of less concern?

Either way l go l'm looking forward to the BG fluid upgrade, thank you.:thumbsup:

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Just placed my order! I'm excited hope it gets here before Saturday!
It should! Thank you!

Hey Tommy, was about to pull the trigger on just the trans kit but now will likely get the combo kit base on this post (and pic). And the fact that l might as well knock both out at the same time the car is up on stands.
A question l have is you mention the pinion bearing related to the 3.73. Are you saying the Torsen cars are different (for bearing failure) vs. the Trac-lok diff, or just because of it being track related like exhibiting more heat/metal in the fluid?
Just asking out of curiosity as l have a non PPGT, like if it would be of less concern?

Either way l go l'm looking forward to the BG fluid upgrade, thank you.:thumbsup:
Its less of a torsen issue as much as a ratio issue. It's why we carry both rear axle Viscosity's. The 3.73'stock generate more heat due to the speed. You can run either Viscosity on the street, one just offers a little more protection for track use when hot

AnhMaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
went ahead and ordered the kit as well! been having terrible shifts (1-2 and sometimes 2-3) lately because the weather suddenly went cold. hopefully this will cure the 1-2 shifts. will update whenever it arrives and the fluids are in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
went ahead and ordered the kit as well! been having terrible shifts (1-2 and sometimes 2-3) lately because the weather suddenly went cold. hopefully this will cure the 1-2 shifts. will update whenever it arrives and the fluids are in.
Go ahead and add an MGW to that mix and you'll be even happier with those two shifts :)

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its less of a torsen issue as much as a ratio issue. It's why we carry both rear axle Viscosity's. The 3.73'stock generate more heat due to the speed. You can run either Viscosity on the street, one just offers a little more protection for track use when hot
OK great, having the 3.31 gears and no intention to track the car l'm going with the 75-90W viscosity. I'll get the rear done at the same time as the trans and be done with it.

Combo order has been placed. Looking forward to seriously smoother shifting!

blitzzfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost, PP.
Put mine in a few days ago. It's running pretty well! I was able to full the yellow marked cup to the very top though cos I couldn't get enough leverage to pump the bottle all the way through. Is this okay?

Other than that minor issue, the gear shifts are smoother, particularly right out the gate, and there's a lot less noise coming from the gear box.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got both changed out this Saturday and the difference in cold shifting with the BG Syncro Shift ll is substantially improved.
At full operating temp there was better blending between gears, but l was most impressed with how much smoother the downshifts had become, l love it!:)

And while l don't hate the MT82 it can use all the help it can get. So other than the purchase of an aftermarket shifter, this is the the way to go to get this tranny the little "help" that it needs.:cheers:

Sponsored

raylay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6
I am interesting in purchasing the BG Products Syncro Shift II Synthetic Gear Oil - MT82 Kit. I just wanted to double check that kit will work for my 2014 v6 with the mt82. Pretty sure there are no differences, but want to make sure. Thanks!!

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I am interesting in purchasing the BG Products Syncro Shift II Synthetic Gear Oil - MT82 Kit. I just wanted to double check that kit will work for my 2014 v6 with the mt82. Pretty sure there are no differences, but want to make sure. Thanks!!
Yes, your MT82 uses the same fluid and volume, 2.7qts. Basically you fill it to the bottom of the fill hole on your 2014 V6. Our kit and instructions will get you fairly close and you can use the extra to top it off to the Factory Recommended level.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
So apparently BD had some issues getting Timmy the fluid. I was a little concerned with the upcoming hurricane and Optimum being in Florida since I have a track event next week and need to get the fluid changed this weekend. So apparently he drove up and picked up the fluid to fill mine and other orders. Thanks bud appreciate the extra effor,t with service like that you get customers for life.

raylay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6
Thank you for the confirmation. I will be placing an order soon. I tried using the discount code from the beginning of this thread and it doesn't work - Is there another one?

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Combo kit just ordered with the 75W-140 option!
Sponsored