Beware of Lund

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
What is a Lund "bullitt" tune? to me that implies its for a Bullitt PCM or also has the GT350 Intake Manifold. Which it sounds like you didn't have. I also wouldnt wanna run that on a car with an Auto.

No way I'd wanna run that on a 2021 car.
THe FP kit is the CAI and TB from a Bullit/Mach 1. Lund was very familiar with and knew all of that going in. It just had a ghost.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Its the same as trying talk about Data vs Information. Sure you can argue differences, but in the end no one will really care and use the term they want and everyone will still know what's being meant.
Datum. :)
/pedant

hockale1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Yes because ones a term used in professional settings to sound more professional. Which is logical in business settings. Which is why you don't hear ACTUAL people talking about "shifting paradigms". I used to work in marketing. trust me most marketing managers HATE the business talk they have to put on despite it just being easier to say things in more common terms only because they have to SOUND more professional.

Its why I was shitty at sales when doing consulting. I find "fancy talk" utterly stupid. If I changed a setting to make something run better then "i changed a setting and reloaded it, its fine now." I'm NOT gonna say "Well I recalibrated the configuration and reflashed the Zippity Do Dah then reinitialized it". I'd only put that in a document I have to put it in to make it "sound" more involved than it was so we can justify more payment.

Its why I gave up on consulting. Hated feeling like I was just ripping people off.

Its the same as trying talk about Data vs Information. Sure you can argue differences, but in the end no one will really care and use the term they want and everyone will still know what's being meant.
My point was really not about semantics, my passive humor comes across wrong 99% of the time.

What I’m really trying to say is any aftermarket shop that cals cars using the factory software and accuses customers of wrongdoing in these situations should be pointed out and stop receiving business.

I don’t think many shops truly understand the responsibility they’re taking on by using factory software and control modules to cal customers’ cars. These tuner products (sct, hptuners, et. al.) only have access to a tiny fraction of the software, and it is more than likely that every single calibratable given access by these tuners will be tugging on an unknown number of calibratables in the background that cannot be modified.

It’s an absolute recipe for disaster and frankly does not surprise me that it often leads to these types of business vs customer stalemates, where each side thinks they’re right when in reality the software and/or cal was simply never designed to work with these variations. This is what standalone solutions were made for, so you can know exactly what everything is doing.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wish the true factory cal software was available to us.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I wish the true factory cal software was available to us.
I don’t think we could do anything with that. Hptuners has hundreds (possibly into the thousands) of tables defined for the gen3, which is overload, but only 2 tables are available for coil energy. I have an oem calibrator buddy who tells me an oem cal has a couple of hundred tables just for coil energy. We’d never get our arms around all of it.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
We’d never get our arms around all of it.
It sure would be nice to see all the changes a FRPP or Roush tune actually has.

Another thing I'd like to see is the sport mode trans tables, not just the shift schedule.
Yes it would be hard to navigate at first, but there are many things I'd like to have access to and don't, like the above mentioned trans tables.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Also consider that there wouldn’t only be a large quantity of tables we wouldn’t know what to do with, but the actual logic (the code) is another huge part of it that would solve a ton of tuning mysteries if we understood it. But there again, I have access to much simpler code on simpler combustion equipment and even that “ladder logic” is hundreds of pages that takes specific training to be able to understand.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
But there again, I have access to much simpler code on simpler combustion equipment and even that “ladder logic” is hundreds of pages that takes specific training to be able to understand.
I'm familiar with ladder logic on motor controllers.

Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Sorry to hear about your experience. I’ve had excellent experiences with them on two cars, one being boosted and the other NA flex. I’d say a phone call would help but it seems you’re past that. Sad to see to this.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Phone call? Do you have them on speed dial?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So lets sum up:
Just watched one of Alex's notch videos. Coooool.

For years he preached: " if your run bead locks & you're NA, you're gay "

He just installed bead locks on his NA NOTCH. Cool vid, ghay boy.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Come on... Do people actually watch this fucking retard? And I quote, " I can click bait you to death, but you have plenty of fuckboy mustang channels doing that already. Enjoy. "..

What a fucking douchebag. If he put on a turtle neck, he would look like a broken condom.
Sponsored