Sponsored

Best drain container for all maintenance services!

Which would be the less messiest?

• Total voters

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
DO NOT buy the FloTool !!
It does not allow the oil to drain into it fast enough, even with the bleeder cap open.
The problem is the drain hole is actually 2 smaller holes. You could in theory drill/bore the 2 drain holes into 1 large hole.
I did a warm oil change and the flow rate out of the car was greater than what the FloTool drain could handle. Net result was about 1.5 quarts of oil on my garage floor.

Buy an old school drain pan that can hold more than 10 quarts.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
DO NOT buy the FloTool !!....
I believe the right one is the 24 qt drain one. I forget which member discovered this. That should work I believe. Someone would have to chime in though before we can recommend it. I'd use a step bit to make it massive.... I'm not sure why they did 2 small holes. The 24 quart has 4 holes ....

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
The FloTool 24 quart works great once you drill a lot more holes in the drain. I think I drilled at least 10 more 1/2 inch diameter holes in it.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The FloTool 24 quart works great once you drill a lot more holes in the drain. I think I drilled at least 10 more 1/2 inch diameter holes in it.
Wouldn't the 16 quart one would just as good. Or is it that the reservoir is actually deeper as well? If you drilled 10 more holes throughout the reservoir that means that you lost the ability to use the easy pour section, right?

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just get one of these: https://www.wirthco.com/4-gallon-plastic-oil-drain-pan-includes-ez-grip-handles

Pour the used oil into a 5 gallon jerry can for recycling. Easy, no issues with fast flowing oil going everywhere.

Available on eBay and Amazon. I store mine filled with leftover paper shop towels in it. By the next time I need it, they've soaked up all the oil in the bottom and it's dry and ready for the next use.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have the flotool super 16 and have NEVER had a problem with oil overflowing or not going in fast enough.

Just did the oil change on the gt360 but have had it for 6 years using it on my F350 6.7 that dumps 13 quarts into it.

I like that when I drop the filter or drain plug, it just sits on top while the oil drains without having to fish for it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The 24 Qt is interesting, not seen before with the linear design is trick.

@Blwnsmoke:
Did you make a changes to the vent or drain holes ?

Below
Got this after the first oil event, 10Qt & 5W oil change. LOL using a slimier designed catch can.

Do believe the flotool is the right tool.

The only other one the OP would be wise consider is the one pictured.

IMG_0259.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

traktrbeam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford GT Premium PP1
The 24 Qt is interesting, not seen before with the linear design is trick.

@Blwnsmoke:
Did you make a changes to the vent or drain holes ?

Below
Got this after the first oil event, 10Qt & 5W oil change. LOL using a slimier designed catch can.

Do believe the flotool is the right tool.

The only other one the OP would be wise consider is the one pictured.

IMG_0259.jpeg
I use this same one from Vato Zone. No issues with overflow.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Arenā€™t 1 & 3 in the OP the same thing?

In any case, itā€™s what Iā€™ve used for the past 5 years with my 350, overflow is never an issue as long as you take the cover off the drain holes.

However, the breather cap hasnā€™t clicked/stayed closed since my first use. Not a dealbreaker for me.

I like the fact that the only clean up is the drain surface of the pan. If you aim it right, this can be minimal.

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
DO NOT buy the FloTool !!
It does not allow the oil to drain into it fast enough, even with the bleeder cap open.
The problem is the drain hole is actually 2 smaller holes. You could in theory drill/bore the 2 drain holes into 1 large hole.
I did a warm oil change and the flow rate out of the car was greater than what the FloTool drain could handle. Net result was about 1.5 quarts of oil on my garage floor.

Buy an old school drain pan that can hold more than 10 quarts.
This almost happened to me, I stuck the drain plug back in before it spilled over though. I drilled out the holes afterwards.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Option 4 (flotool 24 quart) flows more than fast enough for our cars. I am using it with no problem whatsoever.

Last edited: