Sponsored

Best detailing rolling chair

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I just went with Sandro's recommendation: . This one is simply amazing.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Avoid this product. The Top seat separates too easily from the bottom and you'll find yourself on the garage floor. Just my experience.
You aren’t the only one. Suddenly, I landed on the garage floor. Luckily, my F/A saved me, but I felt it for a day or two. :wink:
I think it has a self ejection feature.
Just checked their website. Lots of complaints about same issue. Hopeful they’ll be a fix or recall because I actually do like the product. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I got the Vyper Low Pro last week. They aren’t cheap and won’t ever be as cheap as they were in the beginning. But, I doubt I’ll even need to buy another stool again!
IMG_0953.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I got the Vyper Low Pro last week. They aren’t cheap and won’t ever be as cheap as they were in the beginning. But, I doubt I’ll even need to buy another stool again!
IMG_0953.jpeg
Dam you!

The worst thing about the Vyper chairs is that I can't have one in Australia. :crying:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I totally get what you mean about finding joy in cleaning wheels while seated! It can be quite therapeutic.
I couldn't agree more, self time keeps me sane. :-)

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Avoid this product. The Top seat separates too easily from the bottom and you'll find yourself on the garage floor. Just my experience.
You aren’t the only one. Suddenly, I landed on the garage floor. Luckily, my F/A saved me, but I felt it for a day or two. :wink:
I think it has a self ejection feature.
Just checked their website. Lots of complaints about same issue. Hopeful they’ll be a fix or recall because I actually do like the product. Happy thanksgiving everyone.
My similar detailing seat didn't come with padding, however I tracked down the padded seat cap from another brand selling the same seat.

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

But as you have both discovered, there is a high chance of going ass over tit. I nearly did myself.

Solution? Double sided Velcro applied around the perimeter of the seat, effectively attaching the padded cap onto the seat. Have had no issues since.

IMG-0132.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I just went with Sandro's recommendation:
Tasha, I really like that model and it has the bigger wheels which are essential for my aggregate driveway. And, it looks like those are the type of rubber wheels that don't shred with use. Definitely putting one of those on my Wish List, thanks!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Tasha, I really like that model and it has the bigger wheels which are essential for my aggregate driveway. And, it looks like those are the type of rubber wheels that don't shred with use. Definitely putting one of those on my Wish List, thanks!
Big wheels are a game changer. I had a typical mechanic chair from a big box store and small wheels were catching something all the time trying to tip me over. This thing is impossible to lose balance. In it's lowest position, it's also a bit lower than most other typical variants, and the seat is sooo comfortable. I love it.

The only thing - if you end up buying it, when you assemble it you need to remove a tiny black plastic protection cap from the top of the height adjustment damper. Instruction don't mention it and I guarantee that you wouldn't notice it 😄 .

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
For those looking for a chair, Vyper is releasing their newest robust steel pro tomorrow. It’ll have a backrest and is height adjustable.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
Every stool seen so far, including mine, are for hard floors. I don't use mine as I wash/detail on a gravel driveway. Out of curiosity I searched "Garden Stool with Wheels" on Amazon. Too many choices to list - including some with "storage" that looks a lot like a beer cooler.
Sponsored