Upgrading Detailing Supplies

Jshime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ve been upgrading all my detailing supplies this winter and just got all my new towels somewhat organized. After a lot of input from @DFB5.0, digging through The Rag Company website and watching/reading a lot of Obsessed Garage content I finally have my towels dialed in. Yes, it’s probably overkill but I like each rag to have its own purpose and organized by color depending on what its purpose is. I also got an Ego Power 765 blower for drying (still waiting on a stubby nozzle) and a Milwaukee M18 Fuel 15mm polisher since I’m already committed to the M18/M12 platform. I also have a Rupes LHR75E Mini 3” polisher on the way to get the smaller areas. Now if the weather would get nice I could put this stuff to use 😃

IMG_3861.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jshime

Jshime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well done! I can see a few favorites there. :like:

How's your bank balance though? :giggle:
None of it’s cheap that’s for sure but it will all last a very long time!
I have plenty of M18 batteries and sold a Porter Cable 7424XP polisher that I sold so I’m really not into the polisher much since I was able to buy the bare tool. I also sold my Stihl BG86 handheld blower since we have landscapers now. The Ego Power 765 really surprised me because it blows the Stihl out of the water (no pun intended)! I can use it for detailing and the little I do use it for blowing off the driveway, sidewalks, patios, etc.

OP
OP
Jshime

Jshime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So, my stubby nozzle showed up today. I was originally going to purchase the ApexAire nozzle but due to its availability I looked elsewhere. I wasn’t a big fan of the 3D printed ones due to the lack of locking mechanism and having to figh to take it on and off so I ordered one off of Amazon from Rozlchar. The quality of the plastic and the feel of the construction is OEM to the tee! It fits perfectly on the 765 model. Absolutely no wiggle comes from the stubby nozzle. The latching mechanism matches the original styling, and the silicon band is top-notch to prevent scratches when drying your car. I think this is a great alternative for $32.99.

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
So, my stubby nozzle showed up today. I was originally going to purchase the ApexAire nozzle but due to its availability I looked elsewhere. I wasn’t a big fan of the 3D printed ones due to the lack of locking mechanism and having to figh to take it on and off so I ordered one off of Amazon from Rozlchar. The quality of the plastic and the feel of the construction is OEM to the tee! It fits perfectly on the 765 model. Absolutely no wiggle comes from the stubby nozzle. The latching mechanism matches the original styling, and the silicon band is top-notch to prevent scratches when drying your car. I think this is a great alternative for $32.99.

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg
I wanted the ApexAire nozzle too but got sick of waiting. Apparently, Apex decided to set up a factory to make them in the USA rather than China, in the process making some running changes to firm up the fit. Like anything, it takes time to set all that in motion.

I ended up getting a 3D printed one from the Stubby Nozzle Company -

Stubby Nozzle Co. Stubby Car Drying Nozzle for EGO Leaf - Etsy Australia

This version lacks the locking tab and simply pushes on and locks into the place. In fact, I can even take it off now!

IMG_5857.jpg

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG-5911.jpg

You can also get a locking clip to keep the turbo mode engaged -

Turboclip™ Turbo Button Clip for EGO Leaf Blowers - Etsy
TurboClip™ Turbo Button Clip for EGO Leaf Blowers | eBay

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I’ve been upgrading all my detailing supplies this winter
James, you poor man. You have been infected with the Deyon Virus and there is no cure. <chuckling> Rock on, brother, I'm right behind ya. :cool:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
You have been infected with the Deyon Virus
Which he brought to Earth from the planet Detail. The Detaliens are a formidable species and although seeming friendly can quickly take control of one's wallet through online mind control delivered via forums such as this.
Sponsored