BBK - frustrated

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I've been trying to order, from various sites, the BBK oil catch can. AM has it consistently shown it out of stock. I've tried a couple of the other usual suspects, and no one has one. I even tried BBK direct. They show on the website, but when I tried their email to verify if they have it in stock, no response.

Anyone here have any luck with BBK, or should I just move on and go with a UPR?
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Is there a reason you want to use one from BBK or UPR, rather than a Bob's? I've had the Bob's for a few years now, and it's great. I'm actually going to be upgrading to the Ultimate in a few weeks, simply due to the fact that I want the nicer, braided hoses and AN fittings.

JR

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Well, I've been looking for a while. I've noticed that there's a lot of te JLT, UPR, and FRPP ones, but not many of the BBK. I thought I'd give it a try, and was actually called out last year by another member here to get one and write a review. I got lazy and side tracked last year and didn't get it done. Now I can't seem to get one. I did order one from BBK back in May, but after the order was placed (and I was charged), I was informed that they (BBK) were out of stock and it would ship in 6 to 8 weeks. I passed, got a refund, and now I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Never heard of Bob's. Link?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Well, I've been looking for a while. I've noticed that there's a lot of te JLT, UPR, and FRPP ones, but not many of the BBK. I thought I'd give it a try, and was actually called out last year by another member here to get one and write a review. I got lazy and side tracked last year and didn't get it done. Now I can't seem to get one. I did order one from BBK back in May, but after the order was placed (and I was charged), I was informed that they (BBK) were out of stock and it would ship in 6 to 8 weeks. I passed, got a refund, and now I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Never heard of Bob's. Link?
Here's a direct link from Revan Racing (from whom I have never purchased and have no experience): https://www.revanracing.com/products/bobs-ultimate-oil-separator-2015-mustang-gt.html

Bob's product page is here: https://bobsmachine.com/product/15-17-5-0-gt-oil-separator-pass-side/

I bought my standard kit directly from Bob's website.

JR

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's the Holidays, lots of companies are running short on production and order-processing folks due to COVID, and carriers like USPS, FEDEX, etc., are so slammed that orders can't get shipped.

The COVID economy is affecting everything.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was toying with the idea of either Bob's or UPR and went UPR. Too soon to tell but the install was easy and I much prefer the front mounting location since temperature affects the amount of condensate you get. Mounted next to the radiator should give it plenty of cold air. The lines and fittings are top notch with push button release. The front mount has a star knob for easy removal. I believe it is tool free to remove the can and dump the contents. You either can use a valve and drain tube attached to the bottom, use the lower drain nut or unscrew the reservoir from the top. I also like that they have a solution for the clean side that doesn't take up a ton of room. There is little need for a second catch can on the driver's side but they include a solution to help with what little is found there. Recently they had a sale for like 20% off so I jumped at it. I think the Bob's might be slightly better but not enough for me to get two of them. Cost also played a factor in my decision. Not sure how easy it is to drain a Bob's depending on where you mount it. Part of why it works so well is due to its size. Bigger is better. Unfortunately, that limits in the Mustang where you can mount it.

I am sure you will be happy with either.

All the best.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I get that Covid might be part of the issue, (we've been busier that we have been in quite a while so sometimes the Covid delay is hard for me to see) but I can't even get a response out BBK. I'll probably end up with UPR. I know someone on here is have a %15 off coming up, so I probably just jump on that. I was really hoping for the BBK though. Just for something a little different.
Sponsored