Sponsored

Base or Premium GT

Which 2017 Ford Mustang GT would you buy?

• Base

Votes: 67 29.6%
  • Premium

Votes: 159 70.4%

• Total voters

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I voted Premium because my build is DD oriented. I use most of the creature comforts, and most of PP options are good enough for my style of driving.

I can see the case for base and/or non-PP for folks wanting maximum performance or building a racer; it doesn't make sense to pay extra for parts that you'll strip or swap out.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Yeah, good points. For me it kinda came down to the fact I hadn't bought a new car since 2004 so I could justify the expense of the creature comforts.
Hey no worries, when you look at all the things you get with the Premium it is easy to justify the additional $2K over the 301A package. I am leaning towards Premium myself as it is the only way to get the digitial dash and if you keep a car awhile you don't want to regret not having those features.

Love your car!

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Hey no worries, when you look at all the things you get with the Premium it is easy to justify the additional $2K over the 301A package. I am leaning towards Premium myself as it is the only way to get the digitial dash and if you keep a car awhile you don't want to regret not having those features.

Love your car!
Thanks man! I totally agree. Those comforts aren't worth it for everyone and that's ok. I think it's awesome that there's such a huge range of options for every budget.
I love the digital dash...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I know it's an old topic, but the way I use my cars and what I expect from them hasn't changed, and with maybe 20,000 hours in the driver seat isn't likely to.

Never understood why people don't spend the extra few grand and upgrade to a trim level that's on par with the car. The base trim is crappy, no other way to say it nicely. Might as well get all the creature comforts considering the average person is in their car for almost 38,000 hours in their lifetime. Make it an enjoyable 38,000 hours.
Because it would be a pure waste of $ to opt for things you know you wouldn't use. Other than the heated part of the heated/cooled seats there really isn't anything on the list posted earlier that I'd spend money on even if it was a stand-alone option rather than part of a package. Things I don't use might just as well not be there in the first place.

Enjoyable for me is all about what the car feels like to drive. After a basic A/C and a basic FM/CD sound system, there isn't much I'd want in a car mainly for me. I'd add the dual-zone A/C for our primary transportation, and that'd be the end of the list there. No use whatsoever for items 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 13, heat only on black outside mirrors (#12) . . . and whoever thought bright interior trim (#9) was a good thing should have been hauled out and shot.

What comes standard with premum
1. Drive Modes
2. Heated and cooled front seats
3. Leather trimmed front buckets.
4. Dual zone AC
5.AM/FM stereo with single CD player and 9 speakers with amplifier
6. SiriusXM® Radio
7. Sync 3.
8. Ambient lighting
9. Bright door speaker, cup holder, air vent and instrument cluster surrounds
10. Illuminated sill plates
11. Universal Garage Door Opener
12. Mirrors - body-color, heated with integrated blind spot mirrors and turn signal indicators
13. Pony projection lights
14. Rear diffuser

Norm

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
For me it kinda came down to the fact I hadn't bought a new car since 2004 so I could justify the expense of the creature comforts.
Same here. When you only take the hit from depreciation every dozen years or so you can spend the extra $$$ to get something nicer. Now that I'm in my mid 50's and done saving for retirement, the period between new car purchases will get shorter, and I will spend even more when I do. My next car will most likely be a new Corvette once this one is out of warranty.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I voted base because I don't like leather, don't care about the stereo, and would probably never use most of the premium options.

I tend to keep vehicles a long time and a lot of the premium stuff is electrical stuff that is just something that is going to probably give you trouble in the future.
Makes sense (base), based on your planned usage. :ford:

Premium for me makes more sense, but I do like leather, upgraded audio, and I do use most premium features often. I don’t keep most of my cars a long time. :ford:

Personal preferences are what they are.
Sponsored