OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Can we leave these 2 a-holes feedback on your behalf....:tsk:

Seriously, i'm not going to do it since you have a case going with BBB, but they would surely deserv it.
By all means, please do. I'm happy that this thread is approaching 7k views and I'm sure review sites will garner much more. There is certainly no shortage of places online to make your opinions known...
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Of course the dealership flat out lied to the BBB in their response.

Considering what Mike Ervin and the dealership has done thus far I never expect them to actually makes things 'right', if a dealership is able to go this far to screw a customer, I honestly wouldn't want to do business with them anymore. I will however make sure that their online reputation will suffer because of it.

http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Mike-Ervin-review-129225/

http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Kevin-Harris-review-140707/
He's had great reviews, are you sure there isn't some kind of misunderstanding? :D

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ok, just to be clear - you've given up to the point where our comments aren't going to cost you an allocation, right? If that's the case, let the games begin!

OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Ok, just to be clear - you've given up to the point where our comments aren't going to cost you an allocation, right? If that's the case, let the games begin!
Correct, have at it guys and thank you again for all the support.

Coming from a long list of German-branded ownership, it's a shame people like Mike Ervin & Kevin Harris are making the experience of getting into a Ford so distasteful.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Guys, this is none of my business, just as it's none of your business (and I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night), but I feel compelled to offer two opinions for your consideration:

1. We have not heard the other side of the story. I have no reason to believe that the OP's story is anything but 100% true, but I sure wouldn't get in the middle of someone else's fight without knowing all the facts.

2. Look up the definitions of libel or slander. Posting a negative review for a person you've never met and with whom you've never had a business relationship could put you in a place you don't want to be. Businesses successfully have challenged unfair negative reviews in court, and they have won. And just for the record, the Internet isn't nearly as anonymous as some people think it is.

Having said all this, I hope the OP pursues this case to the point he reaches a satisfactory conclusion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Guys, this is none of my business, just as it's none of your business (and I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night), but I feel compelled to offer two opinions for your consideration:

1. We have not heard the other side of the story. I have no reason to believe that the OP's story is anything but 100% true, but I sure wouldn't get in the middle of someone else's fight without knowing all the facts.

2. Look up the definition of slander. Posting a negative review for a person you've never met and with whom you've never had a business relationship could put you in a place you don't want to be. Businesses successfully have challenged unfair negative reviews in court, and they have won. And just for the record, the Internet isn't nearly as anonymous as some people think it is.

Having said all this, I hope the OP pursues this case to the point he reaches a satisfactory conclusion.
I get your point about hearing the other side but I disagree with your assessment of slander.First, this site is anonymous. Some people may use their real names but who is going to be able to action this? Do you think they will really try and sue us for commenting on what the OP said occurred?

Second, If the dealer agreed to sell the car to the OP at he price quoted, the dealer is a slime and I highly doubt this would be considered slander and even if it was, The dealer is really powerless to take any action. I have trashed shady dealers on Facebook and their own site. Not once was I ever accused of slander.

People need to know about tactics like this. I have already emailed this dealer. I don't expect a response but at least I'm trying to give them the opportunity to address here. I also pointed them to this link and asked that they provide their side of the story as they were getting a bad repuation. If they chose not to respond then I don't see how they could ever clain slander without providing their version of what occured.

I'm no lawyer but a slander charge would be difficult to prove and would get very costly from a legal perspective.
For the OP, I'd continue to make their lives miserable until they tell you the real reason but I'd also move on as life is too short.

Email someone high up in Ford. Senior execs have high level CSR's that can do way more than "customer service" Be upset but polite. I'd bet you will get a call back. They will tell you the dealers are independent but they may help you in getting an R.

Good luck bro. I hate reading storied like this.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
If the dealer came upon this site they would know exactly who started this thread and encouraged the bad online reviews. It's not anonymous when the post is from the guy who had the deposit down, whether m6g shows his real name or not.

I would strongly recommend everyone remove any negative review they've posted after seeing this thread. Bashing the dealership BEFORE the matter is fully resolved will only make things worse for the OP. This isn't a botched oil change or chipped paint. This is a deal worth many thousands of dollars. Do your bashing after it's settled if it doesn't work out in your favor. Don't have others do it for you regardless of the outcome.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I have no horse in this game. But always be skeptical on stories on the internet. I hope this is resolved.

The tone this thread has taken leads me to question the original story.
You are one strange dude. You spend the vast majority of your time bitching exactly about situations like this and now you post this?

I am definitely a "let's here both sides of the story" guy, but this seems pretty clear cut. The dealer got a higher bidder or a family/friend of the dealer saw it coming in and most likely decided they wanted it. Then they made up a BS story to the OP for the reason to back out of the deal. Either way, the car is long gone and sold to somebody else.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ Should carfax it after a while and see where it was registered. If it was in CA....oh man, the humanity!

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
^^ Should carfax it after a while and see where it was registered. If it was in CA....oh man, the humanity!
That would definitely be another kick in the sack to the OP.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
You are one strange dude. You spend the vast majority of your time bitching exactly about situations like this and now you post this?

I am definitely a "let's here both sides of the story" guy, but this seems pretty clear cut. The dealer got a higher bidder or a family/friend of the dealer saw it coming in and most likely decided they wanted it. Then they made up a BS story to the OP for the reason to back out of the deal. Either way, the car is long gone and sold to somebody else.
You are right, I think I mixed this up with another thread in my mind. In the end I try to be fair. All the people who dropped 10 to 15k adms on a non R that money was wasted if they need to sell the car they won't get it back.(which I think is what you are referring to)

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
You are right, I think I mixed this up with another thread in my mind. In the end I try to be fair. All the people who dropped 10 to 15k adms on a non R that money was wasted if they need to sell the car they won't get it back.(which I think is what you are referring to)
Actually no. This is another story where somebody had a deal on a car and then the dealer backed out of it to sell it to a higher bidder. That is the most likely version of events here IMO.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Actually no. This is another story where somebody had a deal on a car and then the dealer backed out of it to sell it to a higher bidder. That is the most likely version of events here IMO.
Yeah I reread. I agree with you.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I get your point about hearing the other side but I disagree with your assessment of slander.First, this site is anonymous. Some people may use their real names but who is going to be able to action this? Do you think they will really try and sue us for commenting on what the OP said?
Just to be clear, in their most basic definitions, libel is written and slander is spoken. Anonymous? Are you kidding? Forget what a skilled hacker can do - With a court order in hand, a computer tech can get your IP address and track you down from there. We'd even know what color underwear you're wearing. It's not that difficult.
Sponsored