stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Good news and bad news.

Bad first - looks like my car will be leaving with a new owner on Tuesday. It was a hard choice. I don't drive it a lot and my itch to wrench on something is outweighing the joy of just looking at the R in my garage, as grand as that is. I have a couple old Porsches now that I've been wanting to dive into and between a house remodel coming to completion and the extra space in the garage from selling the R, I should be able to burn as much money as I want ;) The why is complicated. Just self-discovery, as corny as that sounds. I think I
ve realized (after 2 of these and some other cars) that I don't like too nice of a car - for fear of making it not nice and then not driving it. I also miss building something and the R is simply great out of the box, no need there.

The good - These cars still bring great money. Ignore the BaT trends - plenty of these cars sell privately at much higher numbers. When they are enthusiast owned (Im original owner), never been flipped at a dealer 5 times...people buy them. It's like most cars, you buy the seller, then the car....and I'm not trying to pump myself up as some awesome guy because I do have plenty of flaws but I "am" the type of person you would want to buy a car like this from and I look for people with my mindset when I am wanting to buy something, as well. What I've found that works against the values is the general accessibility of the car at the price point and the (how do I put this...) the financial mindset of a large percentage of Mustang buyers and even curent owners. They are cheap enough to attact people who can JUST afford them so you get 2 things that happen - the potential buyers cry foul at your asking prices and call you names, telling everyone that the cars aren't worth the price (when it's really that they want it to be worth what they can almost afford) OR many people who were able to purchase them are much more likely to dump them for another bad financial decision or if they are in a pinch. It's exhausting and those 2 examples have the biggest impact to values, IMO. In the end, these are excellent cars and should hold value - ignore the morons... You have a documented car that has been enthuisiast owned - tell them to go wait for one to pop up at Carmax.

It's been fun - I will be around. Been on the site for almost 10 years, which is crazy, so it would be a hard habit to break.
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Good news and bad news.

Bad first - looks like my car will be leaving with a new owner on Tuesday. It was a hard choice. I don't drive it a lot and my itch to wrench on something is outweighing the joy of just looking at the R in my garage, as grand as that is. I have a couple old Porsches now that I've been wanting to dive into and between a house remodel coming to completion and the extra space in the garage from selling the R, I should be able to burn as much money as I want ;) The why is complicated. Just self-discovery, as corny as that sounds. I think I
ve realized (after 2 of these and some other cars) that I don't like too nice of a car - for fear of making it not nice and then not driving it. I also miss building something and the R is simply great out of the box, no need there.

The good - These cars still bring great money. Ignore the BaT trends - plenty of these cars sell privately at much higher numbers. When they are enthusiast owned (Im original owner), never been flipped at a dealer 5 times...people buy them. It's like most cars, you buy the seller, then the car....and I'm not trying to pump myself up as some awesome guy because I do have plenty of flaws but I "am" the type of person you would want to buy a car like this from and I look for people with my mindset when I am wanting to buy something, as well. What I've found that works against the values is the general accessibility of the car at the price point and the (how do I put this...) the financial mindset of a large percentage of Mustang buyers and even curent owners. They are cheap enough to attact people who can JUST afford them so you get 2 things that happen - the potential buyers cry foul at your asking prices and call you names, telling everyone that the cars aren't worth the price (when it's really that they want it to be worth what they can almost afford) OR many people who were able to purchase them are much more likely to dump them for another bad financial decision or if they are in a pinch. It's exhausting and those 2 examples have the biggest impact to values, IMO. In the end, these are excellent cars and should hold value - ignore the morons... You have a documented car that has been enthuisiast owned - tell them to go wait for one to pop up at Carmax.

It's been fun - I will be around. Been on the site for almost 10 years, which is crazy, so it would be a hard habit to break.
Welcome to the “other” club!!

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
" It's like most cars, you buy the seller, then the car"

I agree 100%, wife was helping a friend buy a car for her daughter and was asking me " whats too many miles"
I said It all depends on how the owner took care of it more then the actual miles. But also do you believe what they tell you :)

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The trick is to tear into your mustang and ruin it. Then you can wrench on a car you aren't obsessing over keeping pristine and it's still a mustang!

JK - congrats. Wrenching is better for your mental health than a garage queen!

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The trick is to tear into your mustang and ruin it. Then you can wrench on a car you aren't obsessing over keeping pristine and it's still a mustang!

JK - congrats. Wrenching is better for your mental health than a garage queen!
Someone already did that for me on one of the Porsches, so I think I'm GTG!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sooo....let's hear/see about these Porsches....

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Good news and bad news.

I get it. Glad you will still be around as I always liked your comments. I am moving across the country, but going to hold on to my 350 a little longer.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Sorry to hear that you moved on from your 2020 GT 350 R 😞. But, I am sure you will get enjoyment from your new porsche project, as well as a very active community online at Rennlist, and with other enthusiast in person with PCA. I miss the porsche community experience, and ownership I had before I sold my 2007 911 Turbo to buy your 2016 GT350R (20,000+ miles and going strong!). Hopefully you will still drop in here from time to time, if at least to keep us updated on your 964 project 😎😎

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sorry to hear that you moved on from your 2020 GT 350 R 😞. But, I am sure you will get enjoyment from your new porsche project, as well as a very active community online at Rennlist, and with other enthusiast in person with PCA. I miss the porsche community experience, and ownership I had before I sold my 2007 911 Turbo to buy your 2016 GT350R (20,000+ miles and going strong!). Hopefully you will still drop in here from time to time, if at least to keep us updated on your 964 project 😎😎
get this - the guy buying my R this time is also selling a 997 turbo to get it!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The last time you sold you regretted it.

Those air cooled P cars are not the same.

You will, in short order, once again, regret your decision.

Best of luck in your endeavors Jeff.

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
I've contemplated selling mine because I like older stuff that I can actually work on. I don't really like others touching my cars. But I did just add a Ford extended warranty. So I'll hang onto it for awhile. I've owned mine less than two years and maybe only a few hundred miles put on it..

I totally get wanting to work on stuff. I have plenty of stuff that needs fixing, but time and money seems to get in the way.

Good luck with everything!

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The last time you sold you regretted it.

Those air cooled P cars are not the same.

You will, in short order, once again, regret your decision.

Best of luck in your endeavors Jeff.
It's an incredible car. I do have a mental tick that makes me want old cars back so I just need to resist that and I'll be OK ;). Time for the next stage and that is a project or two....fully understanding how great the car I gave up was.

This doesn't mean we cant still be friends! :) When you in town again?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's an incredible car. I do have a mental tick that makes me want old cars back so I just need to resist that and I'll be OK ;). Time for the next stage and that is a project or two....fully understanding how great the car I gave up was.
I get this, 100%.

All five of my garage stalls are full (and then some) and I have no current intentions of building on a second property, but I want another old car. I love my lowly GT and all, but I don't enjoy working on it as much as the old stuff and it sits idle too much, thus it would be the one to go. Nobody's getting any younger, and I've been feeling the pull of a '70 Mach 1 or Boss 302. Same mental tick.

Hopefully you'll stick around!
Sponsored