Sponsored

Bad news Part2 (Farewell)

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
To be honest after reading a lot of the comments here I am utterly shocked that people think they actually have a "relationship" with any dealer. I've probably purchased 20 new cars in my life, 10+ from the same dealer. I can walk in there and tell them I have bought 10 cars from them yet I know I am dealing with some new greedy sales guy working for an even greedier manager and the dealership is run by probably one of the worst humans on the planet like all car dealerships.

This is what they do, you almost have to expect it.

Everything about the entire car industry is utter scams, ask any women.

Why do you think these scam artists are fighting the Tesla model of sales so hard. I personally hope every other car company in the world goes broke since they are stuck in this antiquated "dealership" model and get replaced with direct sales.

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Anyone have a lawyer they can recommend? :)
As a lawyer, with the disclosure I am not licensed in your state, don't use any of those Q&A sites; they're mainly crap. Nor Legalzoom.

Just find a lawyer on Google in your area with decent reviews on Google and Avvo (or some comparable legit legal rating site).

You may have a claim. It depends what you signed along with the deposit. A deposit is not a contract as we have seen many times in here as they are refundable deposits. Either party can break the oral agreement at that point as you dont have a binding contract in writing.

It will also be imperative that you find out of the 2017s are all 50 state emissions. Just because the 2016 was doesn't mean much in terms of evidence posting a 2016 sticker. If they aren't or something changed, which they sometimes do year to year, their argument gets a heck of a lot stronger.

If you have something in writing your argument gets stronger. It will really depend exactly what was given in terms of paperwork that day.

The biggest issue is, again I don't know about CA or that area of the country, but many states have statutes in place mimicking common law statute of frauds where goods above a certain value (or real estate usually and some other items) when sold must be put in writing to be binding contracts. In my state it's $500. Oral doesn't cut it generally, and would not be deemed a binding contract; although there are some exceptions like partially performing your end of the contract; but a mere deposit would be a really tough argument generally.

That's why I always have said, and did on my own car, when you put down your deposit get the order sheet signed by the manager and yourself and put the exact price you agreed to on there. At least you have something way more resembling a binding contract- duly signed, the car price and option prices- at least some binding terms to the agreement. I even had them add on the estimated taxes and fees to make it more exact

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
To be honest after reading a lot of the comments here I am utterly shocked that people think they actually have a "relationship" with any dealer. I've probably purchased 20 new cars in my life, 10+ from the same dealer. I can walk in there and tell them I have bought 10 cars from them yet I know I am dealing with some new greedy sales guy working for an even greedier manager and the dealership is run by probably one of the worst humans on the planet like all car dealerships.

This is what they do, you almost have to expect it.

Everything about the entire car industry is utter scams, ask any women.

Why do you think these scam artists are fighting the Tesla model of sales so hard. I personally hope every other car company in the world goes broke since they are stuck in this antiquated "dealership" model and get replaced with direct sales.
To be fair if your job was commission based you would be trying to make the most money too; there wouldn't be a good customer discount which hits your salary. Gotta see if from the salesperson's view too.

Loyalty means nothing in business. Most people in business know this; it comes down to the dollar not friendships. The dealership owes nothing to someone who bought 0 or 10 cars from them previously; they may but aren't obligated to.

Another to be fair, Tesla can do it because they are operating at SUCH a small scale compared to GM, Ford, etc. They produce 750 cars PER WEEK. I think Ford builds that per hour or more as they produce about 10,000 per day in all of their plants.

There would be no way to sell that many cars monthly direct to consumers without dealerships.

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech

It will also be imperative that you find out of the 2017s are all 50 state emissions. Just because the 2016 was doesn't mean much in terms of evidence posting a 2016 sticker. If they aren't or something changed, which they sometimes do year to year, their argument gets a heck of a lot stronger.

If this is not 50 states compliant what is it?
Just confirm the dealer's BS!

Attachments

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If this is not 50 states compliant what is it?
Just confirm the dealer's BS!
+1.

I bet their "out of state" policy is also complete BS. I'm willing to bet it doesnt exist in writing. I would have a proxy contact them and ask to buy a car for out of state use and see what they say :ninja::ninja:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I agree that this sucks and is BS but do you really want to spend money fighting them? The car is probably already sold for more money than you and the dealer agreed upon. Even if you win, which will probably take a LONG time, you still don't have your car.

Very shady dealer and I'd send emails to every executive in Ford I could but at the end of the day, I think you just got royally screwed. It hurts to swallow your pride and move on but even if you win, by the time you pay the lawyer, and get a car, you'll probably pay more than the 15k ADM they are charging now.

I also agree that there is never really a relationship between you and a dealer unless you're a relative or close friend of the owner. Dealers are in business to make money. Profits on most cars that move fast is minimal and consider all the overhead. Their only job is to sell you a car for as much as they can.

Life is too short. Find the car you want and just pay the ADM is my advice. I'd still trash the dealer on every form of social media possible and send the emails to Ford execs. They have senior level CSR's that can a lot of things that people don't believe. I well worded email to the right people will typically get some response. Always use your full name and leave a phone number not just an email address. Email's will not cost you anything. It's fairly easy to find the email convention for a large company like Ford. I just try various combinations until I send one that is not rejected. You'd be shocked at how many times this works. Just be very professional and let Ford know that you have been a loyal cusotmer for years and you are very disappointed that this could happen.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I personally hope every other car company in the world goes broke since they are stuck in this antiquated "dealership" model and get replaced with direct sales.
Not so sure about your statement. When was the last time you were able to haggle down the price of an Iphone or Ipad from a Apple product vendor (not some guy off the street)? Apple controls the pricing of its products very tightly.

Every time I buy a daily driver I have successfully used dealer A's and B's offer to get dealer C to come down in price. I don't think that will happen as often with a direct sales model. :shrug:. Each dealer competes with one another which is an advantage for the consumer.

BTW, I do hate car dealerships and am not affiliated with any of them.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree that this sucks and is BS but do you really want to spend money fighting them? The car is probably already sold for more money than you and the dealer agreed upon. Even if you win, which will probably take a LONG time, you still don't have your car.

Very shady dealer and I'd send emails to every executive in Ford I could but at the end of the day, I think you just got royally screwed. It hurts to swallow your pride and move on but even if you win, by the time you pay the lawyer, and get a car, you'll probably pay more than the 15k ADM they are charging now.

I also agree that there is never really a relationship between you and a dealer unless you're a relative or close friend of the owner. Dealers are in business to make money. Profits on most cars that move fast is minimal and consider all the overhead. Their only job is to sell you a car for as much as they can.

Life is too short. Find the car you want and just pay the ADM is my advice. I'd still trash the dealer on every form of social media possible and send the emails to Ford execs. They have senior level CSR's that can a lot of things that people don't believe. I well worded email to the right people will typically get some response. Always use your full name and leave a phone number not just an email address. Email's will not cost you anything. It's fairly easy to find the email convention for a large company like Ford. I just try various combinations until I send one that is not rejected. You'd be shocked at how many times this works. Just be very professional and let Ford know that you have been a loyal cusotmer for years and you are very disappointed that this could happen.
Agreed. Even if all I said about the legal issues is there, at the end the day the car will be sold to someone else already and the buyer has no damages as there are cars to be had. It would probably just be one big waste of money.

Not so sure about your statement. When was the last time you were able to haggle down the price of an Iphone or Ipad from a Apple product vendor (not some guy off the street)? Apple controls the pricing of its products very tightly.

Every time I buy a daily driver I have successfully used dealer A's and B's offer to get dealer C to come down in price. I don't think that will happen as often with a direct sales model. :shrug:. Each dealer competes with one another which is an advantage for the consumer.

BTW, I do hate car dealerships and am not affiliated with any of them.
Agreed. The direct sales model usually costs the consumer more. There is no haggling with the price or discounts typically, and no getting multiple offers to drive the price down.

The manufacturer is just going to jack up the price/profit if they aren't paying a dealership so it doesn't cure the end result to the consumer.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Agreed. The direct sales model usually costs the consumer more.
I would argue that it only costs the skilled negotiator consumer more.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would argue that it only costs the skilled negotiator consumer more.
Most people aren't paying sticker/MSRP out there honestly these days to begin with in the grand scheme of overall cars sold. So it really hurts a lot more people than just those with good negotiating skills. No incentive to go below sticker and no competition to use as leverage. Most people get quotes at more than 1 dealer afterall to get the best deal offered an ddont buy on the spot.

OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Of course the dealership flat out lied to the BBB in their response.

Considering what Mike Ervin and the dealership has done thus far I never expect them to actually makes things 'right', if a dealership is able to go this far to screw a customer, I honestly wouldn't want to do business with them anymore. I will however make sure that their online reputation will suffer because of it.

http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Mike-Ervin-review-129225/

http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Kevin-Harris-review-140707/

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Of course the dealership flat out lied to the BBB in their response.

Considering what Mike Ervin and the dealership has done thus far I never expect them to actually makes things 'right', if a dealership is able to go this far to screw a customer, I honestly wouldn't want to do business with them anymore. I will however make sure that their online reputation will suffer because of it.

http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Mike-Ervin-review-129225/

http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Kevin-Harris-review-140707/
Can we leave these 2 a-holes feedback on your behalf....:tsk:

Seriously, i'm not going to do it since you have a case going with BBB, but they would surely deserv it.
Sponsored