Bad head unit?

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So I recently just bought the Roush Phase 1 supercharger kit for my 2017 Mustang GT PP. The shop has it installed right now, and the mechanic called me earlier and said when he started it up the supercharger was making a grinding noise. He suspects that the screws are hitting against the casing. Supposed to be calling Roush in the morning but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I recently just bought the Roush Phase 1 supercharger kit for my 2017 Mustang GT PP. The shop has it installed right now, and the mechanic called me earlier and said when he started it up the supercharger was making a grinding noise. He suspects that the screws are hitting against the casing. Supposed to be calling Roush in the morning but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem?
Or they’ve dropped a bolt/washer/nut in there...it happens :curse:

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I have never heard of this problem. I have a Roush Phase 2 on my 2016.
This sounds like a manufacturing problem. I hope Roush makes it right for you

OP
OP
tbutera23

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I have never heard of this problem. I have a Roush Phase 2 on my 2016.
This sounds like a manufacturing problem. I hope Roush makes it right for you
That’s what I was thinking too. I’ve seen where a guy in one of the Facebook groups received his with a cracked housing. Yeah hopefully it’s not a hassle, the car is ready to go besides that. Gonna check it out tomorrow

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
You're so close, just hang in there man. Hopefully it'll get straightened out for ya in short order. You'll be hauling *ss soon!

Tmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT PP
When I first got my gen 3 Whipple my rotors contacted each other and locked up after about 5 miles. Manufacturing defects happen and hopefully that’s all it is.
Sponsored