Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Hey guys,
Got a question about the insanely loud audible warning on the s550s when your backing up. I know when I put it in reverse I can manually turn the beeping off from the steering wheel for that use only but I was under the assumption if I went into the settings and turned it off there it would stay off. Well my baby girl was just born last week so I went to setting to turn it off so I dont ruin her ears. I've noticed even from the settings menu it only turns it off for that trip. As soon as I get back in the car and start it up it defaults back to audible warning on. Is there any way to to permanently set the default to not make noise? It's not too loud in the from seats but both my wife and son say it's crazy loud when your sitting in the back!
TIA
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Same issue here....I don't think there is a way to turn down the volume. My kids plug their ears or I just turn off the alert...each time. It's super annoying. Obnoxious really.

OP
OP

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I didn't mind before because I rarely have people in the back seat but I had always planned on disabling it once my little one was born. Now it looks like I'll have to get in the habit of turning it off everytime.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Use Forscan and set it to use the IPC speaker.

720-01-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx

Otherwise, some chimes play on the car speakers and if you have an aftermarket amp it might be amplifying that too.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
What beeping? Are you talking about the beep when you are within a couple of feet from hitting an object?

Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
What beeping? Are you talking about the beep when you are within a couple of feet from hitting an object?
That's the one. I back right up against a wall; it's incessant and LOUD. God forbid I leave it in reverse and shut down... I get an unwelcome surprise when I start up on the next trip.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Or backing out of my garage (single bay door - out of the 4 I have) without hitting anything - for example.

OP
OP

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys,
One more question... will I have any issue using Forscan if my car is tuned?
Sponsored