Adrian8544

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (RIP) 2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hello everyone,

I need some advice and or information with experiences regarding the backup camera on a 2016. I've got the 8'' Sync system if it matters. Every now and then the camera will freak out and display like show in the pictures. Not sure what triggers it but one of two things fixes it. 1. I leave it as is, eventually it fixes and starts displaying correctly. 2. I pop the trunk lid and disconnect the camera and then connect it again.
It's not an urgent need, I know how to park without it, but it bothers me that it can stop working at it's whim, and it looks bad:giggle:

Anyone ever experience anything like this? Is the camera going bad? Should I look at the wiring? I want to say it does this when it's hot outside--if it's 90 degrees today, tomorrow morning it'll freak out. I don't park in direct sunlight and my previous Eco didn't do this so I'm not sure if that's actually a correlation.

EDIT: Oops forgot the pictures.
IMG_4309.jpg
IMG_4310.jpg
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello everyone,

I need some advice and or information with experiences regarding the backup camera on a 2016. I've got the 8'' Sync system if it matters. Every now and then the camera will freak out and display like show in the pictures. Not sure what triggers it but one of two things fixes it. 1. I leave it as is, eventually it fixes and starts displaying correctly. 2. I pop the trunk lid and disconnect the camera and then connect it again.
It's not an urgent need, I know how to park without it, but it bothers me that it can stop working at it's whim, and it looks bad:giggle:

Anyone ever experience anything like this? Is the camera going bad? Should I look at the wiring? I want to say it does this when it's hot outside--if it's 90 degrees today, tomorrow morning it'll freak out. I don't park in direct sunlight and my previous Eco didn't do this so I'm not sure if that's actually a correlation.

EDIT: Oops forgot the pictures.
IMG_4309.jpg
IMG_4310.jpg
Yes, your car had an issue with the wiring harness in the trunk. There was a TSB issued for it. Unwrap the harness and I bet you have a few frayed wires in there.

Edit: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ear-camera-stop-working-heres-the-fix.117245/

OP
OP
Adrian8544

Adrian8544

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Yes, your car had an issue with the wiring harness in the trunk. There was a TSB issued for it. Unwrap the harness and I bet you have a few frayed wires in there.

Edit: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ear-camera-stop-working-heres-the-fix.117245/
Wow I've been to the dealer a few times for new keys, parts order, and the air bad recall, and warranty work. I can't believe they haven't mentioned this to me at all. I'm going to upload the TSB here just incase anyone comes across the thread. I'll need to see if I can tackle it, wiring isn't my forte, and for only 1.2 hours at the shop I may just bite the bullet on this one. Thank you sir I have no idea, really appreciate it!:clap:

Attachments

OP
OP
Adrian8544

Adrian8544

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I can't believe they haven't mentioned this to me at all.
They never mention TSBs unless you happen to know about them and to mention them yourself. A TSB is not recall, it's just an internal document that tells them how to handle a particular problem, should a customer complain about it.

OP
OP
Adrian8544

Adrian8544

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
They never mention TSBs unless you happen to know about them and to mention them yourself. A TSB is not recall, it's just an internal document that tells them how to handle a particular problem, should a customer complain about it.
Fair point. I think I’m going to resolve to buying a new harness as opposed to splicing. Now that I know about it maybe i can be more careful with it.
Sponsored