Sponsored

Baby needs its first bath, lessons learned?

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Another one for Griots here too. How do you like the 3-1 for long last durability? I use their best of show wax right now and re-wax about every 3-4 months
So far, the 3-1 is amazing. I've only had it on for about 2-3 weeks, so we'll see how it lasts long term. But I was very impressed with it. I too use their Best of Show wax. I'll be applying that a few times a year on top of the ceramic. I also use their interior and glass cleaner, plus their tire shine. I've never used one of their products and been disappointed.
Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
So far, the 3-1 is amazing. I've only had it on for about 2-3 weeks, so we'll see how it lasts long term. But I was very impressed with it. I too use their Best of Show wax. I'll be applying that a few times a year on top of the ceramic. I also use their interior and glass cleaner, plus their tire shine. I've never used one of their products and been disappointed.
I'm going to be switching to Collinite 915 from their wax, i haven't been happy with it. I had water spots etch my stripes through a coat of wax (that was less than 1 month old). I do love their foaming surface wash and poly gloss. Their fast correcting cream is amazing too

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen a great deal of evidence to support "self-healing." Yes, a small tear will SORTA pull together but the spot is there. If it's enough of an impact to nick the paint, self-healing won't solve it.
I have see it with my own eyes. If you wipe a smudge off the film, and it leaves swirl marks, it disappears in front of your eyes when in direct sunlight. I don't know what it will do for rock dings, but it's great for small scratches.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Huge fan of Adams Polishes. They have ceramic sprays (ceramic and CS3). They also have a true ceramic 9H which I've applied to 3 of my vehicles with fantastic results. Getting to a point that you could apply a 9H type of ceramic is real work but worth it! Here are the steps.

1. Order the Products you need and think about the process from start to finish.
2. Block a weekend - you'll want to do this right. It's like floor tile, lay it right the first time and you can use if for years.
3. Wash (Adams carwash), Leave water on, and claybar (Meguair's is my favorite) with a detail spray. Wash again. and Dry
4. Assess paint and see if you need to polish out scratches / imperfections.
5 Before applying a 9H ceramic wipe down vehicle with the included prep solution (iso propyl Alcohol), Apply ceramic (wear rubber gloves) and do small areas. Make sure you have wiped off before moving on. Not fun if you don't. Let it cure for 24 hours. Apply ceramic boost and admire.

Yes that is a lot. but the car stays cleaner do the ceramic coating, it outshines wax and Other whiz bang products, and the hydrophobic characteristics make the subsequent washes that much easier. WORTH IT.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: A good part of that vinyl self healing is the heat from the sun but they have come a good ways with film for sure.

I've been messing with it on and off since about '05 and I've yet to see a rock nick in the front heal itself. It's there for good but if the newest stuff like you have CAN make it disappear than the industry has come a long, long way since I last laid down film. And FTR, I've only dealt with Xpel and 3M vinyl.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
OH3: Excellent post and you MAY have caused me to change my tune on ceramic.

My only comment is, I've never clayed a vehicle that I didn't have to polish afterward, despite being ultra careful with lots of liquid lube. It has to be a little abrasive to do what it does.

I'm going to be switching to Collinite 915 from their wax
09cs: There's a product I've never heard of but I'mma gonna check it out, thanks. Been meaning to pick up some Griot's products for some time after a recommendation from my car crazy nephew. :-)

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

My only comment is, I've never clayed a vehicle that I didn't have to polish afterward, despite being ultra careful with lots of liquid lube. It has to be a little abrasive to do what it does.

09cs: There's a product I've never heard of but I'mma gonna check it out, thanks. Been meaning to pick up some Griot's products for some time after a recommendation from my car crazy nephew. :-)
Let me know if you have questions about their stuff, it's all I use exclusively! The collinite is an old school paste wax

Sponsored

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
After every time i take the car out i just wipe it down with adams detail spray. Ive never washed my car and its a 2017 Gt350r. After every 4-5th time i take it out, i just clean the wheels.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible

KB I've never had an issue after clay barring a car and marks added from that process. Clay bar to me is a "leveler", it takes off imperfections and residue leaving a level surface in which to put your next product down. I doubt you'd have much polishing to do after the process. The new Synthetic clays are nice and I'd try a panel that's not in direct view while still wet after washing and use plenty of Lube/detailer spray. I'm so happy with the Adams products and the new CS3 product is great on windows/paint etc. After having two full shelves of "stuff" (I'm a sucker for the BBLF theory - Better, badder, longer, faster and i'll buy it) I'm culling the crap and using Adams exclusively. Their new ceramic kit has a blue light indicator in it. I purchased the new kit and I'm saving it for the arrival of my Shelby...….. Hope it will hold til the fall. I need to do my 03 Cobra next but that means pulling it out of storage, I've done the SRT8 300, Miata, and my wife's Highlander. The interesting thing is how much it made the silver color on the Highlander pop.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Jaime: A good part of that vinyl self healing is the heat from the sun but they have come a good ways with film for sure.

I've been messing with it on and off since about '05 and I've yet to see a rock nick in the front heal itself. It's there for good but if the newest stuff like you have CAN make it disappear than the industry has come a long, long way since I last laid down film. And FTR, I've only dealt with Xpel and 3M vinyl.
I believe they all clearly advertise that full punctures can’t heal, it’s just their top layer. I’ve had Xpel and Suntek. I prefer Xpel as it shrugged off rock hits much better while only being slightly more obvious. Their newest Ultimate product with hydrophobic properties has gotten really good reviews and will be what I go with when I get the car.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are there any idiot proof ceramic coatings out there? Hate to screw up my paint, and don't really feel like doing a test vehicle first for practice.
Sponsored