Sponsored

Baby needs its first bath, lessons learned?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Easy.
Paint correction
PPF
CERAMIC

After that, it takes me about 30 minutes to completely wash and dry the whole car amd it has a deep glass reflection still. Best $$ ever spent. Ill never NOT do it on my weekend cars again.
Sponsored

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I use Griots products exclusively, including their 3-in-1 hybrid ceramic wax which gives phenomenal, long lasting results. Car always looks wet, even after a 250 mile road trip (pictured below). It even rained on us during that same trip. The hydrophobic qualities are superb. Their rinseless wash works very well and I use their Speed Shine product in between washes.
DF9D6562-E2C9-4234-B0F6-D7646B38F8CE.jpeg
D70146E1-12C1-4780-90A9-E52D6FA5AF5A.jpeg

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Clay Bar your mustang is one of the best things you can do for your paint from the factory.JMO

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Clay Bar your mustang is one of the best things you can do for your paint from the factory.JMO
Definitely should decontaminate before doing a ceramic coating for sure. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
None of them. It used to take me hours to get the shine my car has with a simple 30 minute wash and dry now.
Steve: I asked because there's a learning curve with film. Specifically, "the edges." It has been my experience that quite offen, depending on the film location, the edges will lift and dirt gets in there. Once it's in, it's almost impossible to remove and you wind up with a whitish, blackish edge. It's one of my biggest complaints about film.

Y’all inspired me to wash mine today.
Looking good, Jefe! :-)

More often than not, I would imagine you are correct, David but as I said earlier, mine had zero fallout on her so claying wasn't necessary.

Definitely should decontaminate before doing a ceramic coating for sure.
Chill: I don't think it's mandatory if you've examined every square inch and find none. Any contamination on mine went away with the first wax. I never felt or saw a single "dot" of contamination.

Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Wow! So much bad information here! A few of you should STOP handing out your detailing “secrets”.

check out videos on YouTube of basic detailing and maintenance from these guys:
Obsessed Garage
AmmoNYC
PanTheOrganizer

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
New
↑
> It used to take me hours to get the shine my car has with a simple 30 minute wash and dry now., <

> Steve: I asked because there's a learning curve with film. Specifically, "the edges." It has been my experience that quite offen, depending on the film location, the edges will lift and dirt gets in there. Once it's in, it's almost impossible to remove and you wind up with a whitish, blackish edge. It's one of my biggest complaints about film." <

Looked into the film deal, curiosity before I got mine. Wife's son did his challenger, mentioned it will need to be replace at some point. Pays for quaility , not some cheap bottom feeder .

Not only edges as you mentioned and with good reasons . Some advertise self healing, how does that read, between the lines ?

Found in the fine print manufacture's say, will (soft ball could) need replacing. I guess that mean unless one sells or trades the car soon enough. That's a COULD and before is starts to yellow.

Wash, dry polish (past wax) 3 hr tops and like it

Why do people call a car they're baby ?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Pep: It's been a year or so since I had a chance to look at the latest film offerings from the major suppliers so I can't speak for those but two things...

I think the "yellowing" is a thing of the past like CRT ghosting. I haven't seen any yellowed film in at least a few years but obviously, older cars that were filmed may yellow, depending on the brand.

OTOH, I haven't seen a great deal of evidence to support "self-healing." Yes, a small tear will SORTA pull together but the spot is there. If it's enough of an impact to nick the paint, self-healing won't solve it.

A few of you should STOP handing out your detailing “secrets”.
Adams: Yes, there is evidence to support certain practices and I'm actually gonna break out an old gallon of official car washing detergent and have a go. I doubt I'll be able to tell the difference, though.

IMHO, a lot of the "evidence" however is more marketing effort and opinion than fact.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I use Griots products exclusively, including their 3-in-1 hybrid ceramic wax which gives phenomenal, long lasting results. Car always looks wet, even after a 250 mile road trip (pictured below). It even rained on us during that same trip. The hydrophobic qualities are superb. Their rinseless wash works very well and I use their Speed Shine product in between washes.
DF9D6562-E2C9-4234-B0F6-D7646B38F8CE.jpeg
D70146E1-12C1-4780-90A9-E52D6FA5AF5A.jpeg
Another one for Griots here too. How do you like the 3-1 for long last durability? I use their best of show wax right now and re-wax about every 3-4 months
Sponsored