Sponsored

Awesome radar detector

SCalla0490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
United States
I had a Uniden R3 which I liked a lot. Ended up giving it to my brother and went with an R7. The arrows are really nice to have. Range is very good. I really have no complaints about it.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Radar Jammers, Radar Detectors will not save you from a LIDAR Gun.
I think you meant to say “laser shifter” as radar jammers don’t do jack against Lidar and are also illegal in every state. Laser shifters are not illegal as their frequency falls outside of FCC control.
And, not every state or jurisdiction has Laser/Lidar. Many still rely on tried and true KA and K band and instead go with pop/instant-on which will nail you just as fast as Lidar.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I think you meant to say “laser shifter” as radar jammers don’t do jack against Lidar and are also illegal in every state. Laser shifters are not illegal as their frequency falls outside of FCC control.
And, not every state or jurisdiction has Laser/Lidar. Many still rely on tried and true KA and K band and instead go with pop/instant-on which will nail you just as fast as Lidar.

No, I said what I meant to say.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
No, I said what I meant to say.
Ok then your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since “radar jammers” are illegal and have nothing to do with Lidar. It won’t take a cop long to realize you’re jamming his signal if you’re the only one he can’t get a reading on.

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Ok then your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since “radar jammers” are illegal and have nothing to do with Lidar. It won’t take a cop long to realize you’re jamming his signal if you’re the only one he can’t get a reading on.

No shit Sherlock. Maybe you should go back and read all 7 pages of this post then you MAY understand why I said what I said.

I swear, there is one of yall in every room.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I don’t think cops are smart enough to know their radar was being jammed or acting erratically. That’s called spoofing and is a better technique, so as they think it’s simply malfunctioning.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
No shit Sherlock. Maybe you should go back and read all 7 pages of this post then you MAY understand why I said what I said.

I swear, there is one of yall in every room.
Ah I see, you’re the resident a-hole who has to belittle people. I’m sorry I wasted my time responding to someone clearly beneath me. Tah tah, you’re now on the ignore list so don’t bother wasting your time or mine with a pedantic response…if you can help it.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
And if you have an amateur extra license it is perfectly legal.
Well, it would be legal to possess, but illegal to actually use to interfere with anything (parts 15 and 97). To use for testing or other non-interfering purposes, yes, totally legal. Jamming is interfering.

Last edited:

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
An amateur license does not let you jam police radar nor does it allow you to experiment with one and “accidentally” do it either. There is not a single RF emitting jammer device that has a FCC Type accepted number stamped on it, for sale legally in the USA. The Code of Federal Regulations known as the CFRs are pretty clear on that. Same for GPS jammers.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
There is not a single RF emitting jammer device that has a FCC Type accepted number stamped on it,

Amateur radio license holders can operate non type accepted transmitters in any amateur radio band.

An amateur license does not let you jam police radar
absolutely correct, amateurs are not allowed to interfere with any type accepted equipment.
nor does it allow you to experiment with one
Amateurs can experiment on any allocated frequency. There is plenty of spectrum allocated in the "radar" bands.

Bottom line is, if you are licensed for the band the device is capable of transmitting in, you are not in violation of any law for possessing it.

Now if you it for jamming radar that is illegal. If you posses such a thing capable of transmitting on the "radar" frequency without a Amateur radio license you can be fined and/or have it taken away. If you hold a valid lic. you are in your rights to have it.

Put a keyer in your glove box, mount a mini jack on your radar detector, hold a general or above license and tell Virginia State Patrol it is a CW transceiver.

Might want to modify it to transmit first.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
You do not have a carte Blanche experimental license in any frequency band that’s either federal or non federal frequency band, because you have an amateur license. Can you get away with it? Probably as the FCC is more concerned about pirate FM and TV stations than old farts on ham radios. Plus they closed most of their field offices anyhow.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Are you a licensed amateur?

You can experiment any way you want as long as you are in the amateur bands.

Anyway this has gone off track.
Sponsored