Auto Shifter bezel to Manual?!

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
The Wm Shifter wont fit into the ring on the Manual boot. It is to big, the ring on the Auto boot is much bigger and comes with the adapter from WM to make it work. So you literally have to remove the trim ring from the auto boot and install on the manual boot. It does not look like a big deal I just wanted to keep everything where it could be put back to stock if I ever wanted without having to purchase another Auto boot. I hope that makes sense. :crazy:
Ah, yeah. Makes perfect sense. I ripped my manual shift boot off in favor of a different one, so I never tried to fit it. I went without a trim ring and I think it looks fine without. Just fold the top of the shifter boot down into the hole and zip tie it to the shaft
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
The Wm Shifter wont fit into the ring on the Manual boot. It is to big, the ring on the Auto boot is much bigger and comes with the adapter from WM to make it work. So you literally have to remove the trim ring from the auto boot and install on the manual boot. It does not look like a big deal I just wanted to keep everything where it could be put back to stock if I ever wanted without having to purchase another Auto boot. I hope that makes sense. :crazy:
Do you mean the leather part of the boot going to the shifter?

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roush Rapid Red Mustang GT
Do you mean the leather part of the boot going to the shifter?
No the actual ring that is glued to the bottom of the boot, the portion of plastic that the shifter actually slides through.

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ah, yeah. Makes perfect sense. I ripped my manual shift boot off in favor of a different one, so I never tried to fit it. I went without a trim ring and I think it looks fine without. Just fold the top of the shifter boot down into the hole and zip tie it to the shaft
So you just removed the plastic ring on the bottom and zip tied it to the shaft? It doesn't show?

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
So you just removed the plastic ring on the bottom and zip tied it to the shaft? It doesn't show?
I used a different boot entirely. Didn't even try to move the trim ring over. You can definitely zip tie the boot hugged up to the bottom of where you put your fingers when shifting and it likely won't show. I didn't even zip tie mine, it just stays. I may zip it if it starts showing more.

Here's how it looked with the auto shifter still. Could've zipped it, but knew it was coming off so didn't worry about it.
shifter (2).jpg

Sponsored

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I used a different boot entirely. Didn't even try to move the trim ring over. You can definitely zip tie the boot hugged up to the bottom of where you put your fingers when shifting and it likely won't show. I didn't even zip tie mine, it just stays. I may zip it if it starts showing more.

Here's how it looked with the auto shifter still. Could've zipped it, but knew it was coming off so didn't worry about it.
shifter (2).jpg
Ok yeah that makes sense, maybe I will try that and see if I can make it work, just didn't want to destroy the factory auto boot and bezel in case I wanted to put it back stock.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Ok yeah that makes sense, maybe I will try that and see if I can make it work, just didn't want to destroy the factory auto boot and bezel in case I wanted to put it back stock.
Yeah, I didn't care that much. Don't plan on going back to stock haha

Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ok yeah I think I am understanding now. Thanks

At 5:00 in this video. I pulled the plastic part out of the new manual boot and zip-tied the boot to the shifter just like this. Works great and my stock auto boot and shifter is all still stock if I ever want to put it back.

bridge4d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did the White Madness Garage Short Shifter and the Manual bezel. Got the manual bezel from Levittown. Couple of notes:

You have to crack the plastic ring that came with the manual bezel to get it off the boot. I used a pair of pliers to to squeeze the black plastic ring on the inside (underside) of the boot which broke all the plastic welds that attached it to the chromed plastic shaft on the outside/top of the boot. The boot is seriously glued to the black plastic ring. I used a small screw driver and exacto knife to un-glue it. If you try pulling it off to release the adhesive it will rip.

For the trimming of the shifter shaft...instructions say 1" to trim off. And they mean 1", not 3/4ths of an inch, not 7/8ths. Hack saw is the way to go, I used a dremel and cut-off wheels and went through 8 of them. The shifter shaft isn't soft metal.

Shifter.jpg

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
or this ... do like the short shift look too.

mum.jpg

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
What do those buttons do…?
whatever you want.

They are momentary on. Literature suggests up/down shift, but I prefer my paddles.
However anything ... traction control, nitrous, ............
if you want to control a load on/off - you can buy a flip-flop relay, and use the switch to trigger it on/off.
eg:
relay - click here
Sponsored