Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Beautiful color!

I'm still leaning towards Race Red, but then I had someone tell me that I should go for something different. I just love Race Red though; I think it's THE Mustang color.
Yes, Race Red is ok, but I think I will be going an Atlas Blue - or possibly White, on my next GT. Although everyone seems to be going for the Dark Horse Wait-List, I think I had better get myself on a Wait-List Que soon even for a GT. I dont see much point or pragmatic value in paying an extra probable $20K for the Dark Horse 20Hp. (yes I know there are extra Coolers etc)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I will leave my decision until I check my ticket in the morning.

OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Yes, Race Red is ok, but I think I will be going an Atlas Blue - or possibly White, on my next GT. Although everyone seems to be going for the Dark Horse Wait-List, I think I had better get myself on a Wait-List Que soon even for a GT. I dont see much point or pragmatic value in paying an extra probable $20K for the Dark Horse 20Hp. (yes I know there are extra Coolers etc)
I'm having second thoughts about Race Red or Yellow Splash.
My neighbor has an R-Spec, and he says a Mustang is nothing but cop bait.
My original idea of Oxford White was to blend in with the crowd and not stand out like dog's balls.
As much as I like Yellow Splash, common sense must prevail.

Yes, agreed, paying a premium for a DH would be a no-brainer if it was a limited one-off run like the 2020 R-Spec and 2021 Mach 1 were.
If the DH is a regular model, albeit harder/longer to obtain, then there's no intrinsic "collector's premium" when selling.

Give it time, and there will be plenty of after market Dark Horse bolts-ons for a GT if you want a DH look.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
My original idea of Oxford White was to blend in with the crowd and not stand out like dog's balls.

Yes, agreed, paying a premium for a DH would be a no-brainer if it was a limited one-off run like the 2020 R-Spec and 2021 Mach 1 were.
If the DH is a regular model, albeit harder/longer to obtain, then there's no intrinsic "collector's premium" when selling.

Give it time, and there will be plenty of after market Dark Horse bolts-ons for a GT if you want a DH look.
Its funny you say that - "Cop Bait" & "Dogs balls" are the precise reasons I avoid bright colours - Reds, Orange & Yellows. - hard enough driving under the radar as it is!

I also agree with your comments on the Dark Horse, and there is bound to be alternative after-market bits available at reasonable prices.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
To be honest, if you want Yellow Peel or Race Red, then just follow your heart.

A Mustang is not a car to blend into the crowd, otherwise you would be shopping for a BMW or Toyota. Part of the fun of the Mustang is standing out from all of the other boring cars on the road.

I have not once been pulled over in my bright red Mustang in the 5 years I have owned it. If you drive like an idiot on the public road or over/illegally modify the car, then sure, be wary of police attention. You only live once, not ordering the colour that excites you because a potential run in with the cops would be a shame.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wouldnt worry about any colour being cop bait. Mine is bright orange with stripes and all sorts of black bits, loud as buggery, I dont think any of the Police have ever given it a second glance.

And my F type is similar, but red and even noisier, I have never been pulled over except for RBT.

I think they might target the older done up cars

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I wouldnt worry about any colour being cop bait. Mine is bright orange with stripes and all sorts of black bits, loud as buggery, I dont think any of the Police have ever given it a second glance.

And my F type is similar, but red and even noisier, I have never been pulled over except for RBT.

I think they might target the older done up cars
That and crappy VN Commodores with no exhaust or spring travel, often spotted dropping single peg burnouts at 11pm on a Friday night.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
To be honest, if you want Yellow Peel or Race Red, then just follow your heart.

A Mustang is not a car to blend into the crowd, otherwise you would be shopping for a BMW or Toyota. Part of the fun of the Mustang is standing out from all of the other boring cars on the road.

I have not once been pulled over in my bright red Mustang in the 5 years I have owned it. If you drive like an idiot on the public road or over/illegally modify the car, then sure, be wary of police attention. You only live once, not ordering the colour that excites you because a potential run in with the cops would be a shame.
I agree. Been driving my orange fury for a touch over 4 years now and for 90% of the time on sport+ mode and lately with tuned in burble mode and have never been pulled over. Haven't even been pulled up for RBT.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Appreciate the comments about not really being cop bait.
Has me reconsidering, once again!

Begs the question... at which point in the timeline are the order specs locked in?

I've had a $1k deposit down for almost a month now with a proxy order to hold a spot in the S650 queue.
Dealer anticipated they should have more information ~ December.
Once they have actual specifications and pricing information, it becomes real.

If at that time I were to order with one colour, is there a window of opportunity I can change my mind for a different colour?

ie; obviously before the segmentation date, which could be ~ 6 months later.

Has anyone been in this situation with spec changes?
Also obvious is tweaking the invoice amount accordingly.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Appreciate the comments about not really being cop bait.
Has me reconsidering, once again!
Go with what your heart tells you. This is a magnificent car and there is no sense in compromising to someone else's opinion and not being 100% happy.

I've had 2 red Mustangs now and never been stopped when I didn't deserve it. Admittedly they were what I call sensible red, Ruby Red and Rapid Red.

Pick what appeals to you and love driving it.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Go with what your heart tells you. This is a magnificent car and there is no sense in compromising to someone else's opinion and not being 100% happy.

I've had 2 red Mustangs now and never been stopped when I didn't deserve it. Admittedly they were what I call sensible red, Ruby Red and Rapid Red.

Pick what appeals to you and love driving it.
For me the issue is not "never been stopped when I didn't deserve it", but more a case of less conspicuous "under the Radar" and Not Getting stopped when I did deserve it. (although the speed limits are ridiculously and arguably criminally low - Revenue raisers).

The difference between the "Heart" and the Mind.

Last edited:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
'm having second thoughts about Race Red or Yellow Splash.
Well letting common sense prevail will get you nowhere.

Seen this...?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/yellow-splash-2024-mustang-gt-caught-testing.156483/

Looks like it could be a mustard yellow - hard to say from pics - along the lines of Devil Yellow on the CV8 Monaro. I didn't think I'd be able to tolerate a yellow car but the DY Monaro was a gorgeous colour and I didn't feel it attracted attention at all.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Well letting common sense prevail will get you nowhere.

Seen this...?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/yellow-splash-2024-mustang-gt-caught-testing.156483/

Looks like it could be a mustard yellow - hard to say from pics - along the lines of Devil Yellow on the CV8 Monaro. I didn't think I'd be able to tolerate a yellow car but the DY Monaro was a gorgeous colour and I didn't feel it attracted attention at all.
This video shows off the colour -

Sponsored