Sponsored

Aussie S650 wait List and deposits?

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Edit: now irrelevant
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think the deposit is normal to secure your place and potential order BUT it should be noted you get a refund if you change your mind and don’t order once all details are confirme.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I simply wouldn't deal with dealership 2. They are already playing games imagine the service they will provide.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Not quite.
I specifically asked about "what if I changed my mind?"
Dealer (#2) said you can't just change your mind.
However, if you have a "change of circumstances", then that's OK.

It's word games.
But something to be aware of.
Please name dealer #1

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Three weeks ago, I walked into my local dealer and placed a deposit to get myself in the line for the new model. They made up a dummy invoice/contract until details are released. I'm first on their list. I have bought a few cars there, so I have no problem putting money down without knowing exact specs and prices.

I decided to stay with a GT Hardtop. While I would love a Darkhorse, I think price of those is going to shock a lot of people. I would not be surprised to see prices north of $110,000. That's just not the sort of money I want to spend on a Ford. A Jaguar F-Type maybe, certainly not a Ford.

This time I want to go with the 10-speed, most likely will be Race Red again, or maybe Atlas Blue.

rr101.png

ab101.png

I'm both excited and sad about this. Excited for a new Mustang experience, sad because it will mean saying goodby to a very special car. As it stands, I will have another 12-18 months to enjoy my S550. If I change my mind later on, then so be it.

Funniest part of placing an order for a car that doesn't even exist and is nearly two years away -

Two days later, I got a call from the Ming Mole wanting to sell me a ceramic coating, window tinting and a dash camera. My response was polite but to the point; "Honey, considering the car is nearly two years away, I don't really want to think about paint protection and dash cameras right now. And even so, I'm a detailer so will be doing that myself; I get off on that sort of thing!" Probably would have paid her to look at the contract or speak to the salesman before calling me about that.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Just saw Stangmode on youtube saying an "Insider" assured him Ford have finally sorted and got on top of the Production delay issues which have been plaguing them, and "there will be no more delays"...with the MY24.

He also said there was a strong rumor that the Dark Horse will start in the US at US$50K to US$60K FULLY Optioned. If this proves correct, it would contradict all the hand-wringing pricing Doom-Sayers, placing it circa Au$ 82K-98K + ORC depending on Options.

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Just saw Stangmode on youtube saying an "Insider" assured him Ford have finally sorted and got on top of the Production delay issues which have been plaguing them, and "there will be no more delays"...with the MY24.

He also said there was a strong rumor that the Dark Horse will start in the US at US$50K to US$60K FULLY Optioned. If this proves correct, it would contradict all the hand-wringing pricing Doom-Sayers, placing it circa Au$ 83K-99K + ORC depending on Options.
But does that $83 - $99K include import duties, GST and luxury car tax?

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
But does that $83 - $99K include import duties, GST and luxury car tax?
I allowed a $4K Buffer, however as I stated it does not include ORC (Gov LCT & Stamp Duty / Rego)

LCT is currently an extortionate 33% over the $71,849 Threshold, which includes GST but not Rego & Stamp Duty etc.

OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)

He also said there was a strong rumor that the Dark Horse will start in the US at US$50K to US$60K FULLY Optioned. If this proves correct, it would contradict all the hand-wringing pricing Doom-Sayers, placing it circa Au$ 82K-98K + ORC depending on Options.
[rant]
I unsubscribed and stopped watching that guy just recently.
Since he went full-time Youtuber, the number of ads within any of his videos has become unbearable.
If it's a 10 minute video, it takes him 5 minutes to get to the actual topic of the video.
He is just dragging out the view hours and bleeding the life out of everything.
It's so obvious, and so sad at the same time.
There are other channels that are more informative, more to the point, and can actually edit so it's watchable.
It beggars belief he was chosen to be up on stage of the reveal.
[/rant]

Sponsored
OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I allowed a $4K Buffer, however as I stated it does not include ORC (Gov LCT & Stamp Duty / Rego)

LCT is currently an extortionate 33% over the $71,849 Threshold, which includes GST but not Rego & Stamp Duty etc.
We should expect the LCT for 2023-2024 FY to be $73 ~74k, if the gas guzzler indexation ratio remains around the same.
https://www.ato.gov.au/rates/luxury-car-tax-rate-and-thresholds/

Although being a leftard government, they are always looking for new ways to gouge and tax more.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
We should expect the LCT for 2023-2024 FY to be $73 ~74k, if the gas guzzler indexation ratio remains around the same.
https://www.ato.gov.au/rates/luxury-car-tax-rate-and-thresholds/

Although being a leftard government, they are always looking for new ways to gouge and tax more.
Spot on ! The LCT Threshold should normally increase in line with (6.1% CPI) Inflation, however as you correctly indicate, Leftist Governments are always looking to exploit and gouge Tax opportunities (especially in areas they ideologically dislike - like Cars) - so don't hold your breath !

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
[rant]
I unsubscribed and stopped watching that guy just recently.
Since he went full-time Youtuber, the number of ads within any of his videos has become unbearable.
If it's a 10 minute video, it takes him 5 minutes to get to the actual topic of the video.
He is just dragging out the view hours and bleeding the life out of everything.
It's so obvious, and so sad at the same time.
There are other channels that are more informative, more to the point, and can actually edit so it's watchable.
It beggars belief he was chosen to be up on stage of the reveal.
[/rant]
Yes I agree 100% He is Painfully verbose and a narcissistic exhibitionist, and I usually skip him, however the headline got me sucked in on that occasion.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I just compiled a technical comparison chart from some of what info we currently know - for the S650 / MY24 GT (sorry not the Dark Horse)

Mustang GT – PP1 (Australia)MY 21.5 (Gen 3 Coyote)MY 22 (Gen 3 Coyote) MY 24 GT (Gen 4 Coyote)
Power339Kw / 556 Nm339Kw / 556 Nm358 Kw + ??
Brake Rotors - Front380 mm x 34 mm vented disc Brembo six-piston 36 mm fixed aluminum calipers380 mm x 34 mm vented disc Brembo six-piston 36 mm fixed aluminum calipers390 x 36 mm vented discs, Brembo six-piston 36 mm fixed aluminum calipers
Brake Rotors - Rear320 mm x 25 mm vented disc, single-piston 45 mm floating aluminum calipers320 mm x 25 mm vented disc, single-piston 45 mm floating aluminum calipers355 x 28 mm vented discs, four-piston (Brembo??) 30 mm fixed aluminum calipers
Brake Swept Area – Front
-- Rear
669.39 sq. cm./plate
387.64 sq. cm./plate
669.39 sq. cm./plate
387.64 sq. cm./plate
768 sq. cm/plate (+14.73%)
523 sq. cm/plat (+ 34.92%)
Stabiliser Bars32 mm front x 22.2 mm rear32 mm front x 22.2 mm rear33.3 mm front x 24 mm rear
Steering Ratio16:116:115.5:1 (Quicker & Sharper)
Throttle Body / Air IntakeSingle 80mmSingle 80mmDual 80mm Throttle Bodies & Air Intakes
Valve Dia / LiftIntake, 37.7 mm/13 mm;
exhaust, 32.0 mm/13 mm
Intake, 37.7 mm/13 mm;
exhaust, 32.0 mm/13 mm

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Three weeks ago, I walked into my local dealer and placed a deposit to get myself in the line for the new model. They made up a dummy invoice/contract until details are released. I'm first on their list. I have bought a few cars there, so I have no problem putting money down without knowing exact specs and prices.

I decided to stay with a GT Hardtop. While I would love a Darkhorse, I think price of those is going to shock a lot of people. I would not be surprised to see prices north of $110,000. That's just not the sort of money I want to spend on a Ford. A Jaguar F-Type maybe, certainly not a Ford.

This time I want to go with the 10-speed, most likely will be Race Red again, or maybe Atlas Blue.

ab101.png

I'm both excited and sad about this. Excited for a new Mustang experience, sad because it will mean saying goodby to a very special car. As it stands, I will have another 12-18 months to enjoy my S550. If I change my mind later on, then so be it.

Funniest part of placing an order for a car that doesn't even exist and is nearly two years away
Real World Atlas Blue MY24 Dark Horse Photos

2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse: Real World Photo Gallery (fordauthority.com)

1667690607779.png

1667690546538.png

1667690779339.png

1667690839110.png

2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse: Real World Photo Gallery (fordauthority.com)

1667690694715.png
Sponsored