dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
Are you going to the Roundup on Sunday
I'd like to have a listen
I'm still about a month from delivery:frusty::frusty:
Sadly mate, I will be busy for the sunday meet. If you would like to hear it another time and if theres no one else with a Roush there, I'm happy to set a meet up later in the week.

I spent about 3 days listening to every exhaust clip I could find on youtube before I made my choice. My choice to buy the Roush was based on what least modification I could get that can produce the best sound. What I can tell you about my experience with the exhaust so far is that, it's awesome! It all depends on the kind of tone you yourself like. I like deep smooth tones, with a little bit of rumble when slowing down. The Roush does provide that and for me it is the right level of sound.

The 2 reviews below are the ones that convinced me the most to go for the system.

[ame]

[ame]

When they say there is no drone, well this is not entirely true. It depends on several things. Firstly, the day I got the part installed the sound vibrated the cabin a little in certain gears, however the next day the sound was great. I think the part has to break itself in and the sound gets a lot better and smother. Cruising at 100km in 6th gear at 1600rpm there is no drone, but if you tap the accecellerator there is a slight drone until the sound evens out or if the acceleration applied is smooth.

I will post some vids on the WA fb page later in the week regardless.

Cheers
Sponsored

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
After seeing Will at BTA today I've decided on the full Hurricane bi-modal.
Initially I'd planned just the catback, however I figure that was just delaying the inevitable upgrade to headers.

Is anyone here running the Hurricane?

Nickosek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 - Race red - GT5.0 - Auto (AUS)
Corsa Sport cat-back

Finally installed ... love it.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c21.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c1a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c1d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c24.jpg

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Wow that sucks. Had that happen to me many years ago. Did the same thing, swapped back to the standard exhaust and airbox and had it tested. Was a PITA at the time as they only gave something like 3 days notice to have it tested. Lucky I had a mate who owned a workshop back then.

Sponsored

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Received an EPA notice in the mail yesterday... Reported by "an authorised EPA officer or a police officer". Time to swap back in the stock cat-back for the test!

Note I am running the MBRP Street cat-back.
Josh, What State are you in?

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Any ideas on who might have reported you to EPA and under what circumstances?

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Any ideas on who might have reported you to EPA and under what circumstances?
I was reported around Queen Victoria Market. Was there with the missus shopping, would have just been cruising around using light throttle etc. Can't imagine I gave anyone a good reason to report me.

But who knows... Maybe I almost ran a crowd over pulling out of the car park.

Newbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB Grabber Blue Manual
I think you must have just been unlucky, in the scheme of things the MBRP Street Catback Is supposed to be only in the mid range for loudness, imagine if you had a Borla Atak or a Corsa Extreme.

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I was reported around Queen Victoria Market. Was there with the missus shopping, would have just been cruising around using light throttle etc. Can't imagine I gave anyone a good reason to report me.

But who knows... Maybe I almost ran a crowd over pulling out of the car park.
Maybe Paul Maric (CarAdvice) was there and saw you had an after market exhaust.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think you must have just been unlucky, in the scheme of things the MBRP Street Catback Is supposed to be only in the mid range for loudness, imagine if you had a Borla Atak or a Corsa Extreme.
What you say is true. However, I'm not sure that ANY of the exhausts we are fitting could possibly pass the relevant tests. The minute your car is louder than stock, you'll be over the limits.
We are all just hoping that the exhaust we choose doesn't get that kind of attention really...

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
$7XX fine if you fail. Also $46 to have the test done whether you pass or fail.
Do they just test the volume/loudness OR emissions OR both?
I wonder how Aussie made exhausts that claim to have ADR compliance and are louder than stock pass these...
Sponsored