Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
In general built and paint quality on both Honda and Toyota are superior to Ford. Actually my wife's old Escapes had significantly better build and paint than with any of my Mustang's. It's not that the Mustangs were bad it's just the others were better. And my wife's current Volvo. Not even in the same solar system.
VW also, at least the German-built ones.

I have a VW Tiguan (Wolfsburg built) in the fleet which has nearly flawless paint and panel fit, impressive for the price point. The thing is solid as a rock in terms of overall build also. It's the second one we've had, the first was equally good and was completely trouble-free as well (which prompted buying the second).
Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Iā€™m in the 3rd part failure for the last 3 months, so Iā€™m a bit grumpy right now about the quality of the parts being used. Panel fit is so-so. I can forgive that if itā€™ll stay together and running. šŸ˜”

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Iā€™m in the 3rd part failure for the last 3 months, so Iā€™m a bit grumpy right now about the quality of the parts being used. Panel fit is so-so. I can forgive that if itā€™ll stay together and running. šŸ˜”
Can you share what parts? Ford manufactured or outside supplier?

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Can you share what parts? Ford manufactured or outside supplier?

VCT solenoid on exhaust cam, AC compressor, Alternator. All OE parts. All failed just after 36 months and just before 12K miles. Stuff happens, but this is not something Iā€™d expected.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In general built and paint quality on both Honda and Toyota are superior to Ford. Actually my wife's old Escapes had significantly better build and paint than with any of my Mustang's. It's not that the Mustangs were bad it's just the others were better. And my wife's current Volvo. Not even in the same solar system.
If you are talking about current cars, both Honda and Toyota paint and panel fit are worse than Mustangs. I don't (really) own a Toyota, but you can look at them on the road and in parking lots and see the grossness.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If you are talking about current cars, both Honda and Toyota paint and panel fit are worse than Mustangs. I don't (really) own a Toyota, but you can look at them on the road and in parking lots and see the grossness.
Both Toyota and Honda seem to have price related quality. The more expensive models fit and finish like Lexus and the less expensive ones fit like, well, not terrible but not something to be particularly enthusiastic over. Then again, a Corolla isnā€™t driven as an enthusiasts car or one to be enthusiastic over. Thankful yes, not enthusiastic. Unless youā€™re 16 and itā€™s your first car. A Mustang, one can say, is a car built exactly for enthusiasts to be enthusiastic about. Thatā€™s where the quality thing hurts. At one time it was excusable for the value. Today with $50-$120K Mustangs that argument loses its tenacity.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Iā€™ve been reading the news reports regarding this. I have not seen a single mention of Flat Rock or Mustang quality issues. It all seems focused on the Mach E and Bronco. Makes you wonderā€¦..ICE Mustang is probably not that importantā€¦ odd for an Icon. You would think with all the prestige of being chosen by Ford to be on the Mustang development team youā€™d think the same would hold for the assembly.
Sponsored

Last edited: