Sponsored

At Ford, Quality is Job 1

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It's hard to get good help nowadays. Quality comes from your workers. All of them. Designers, engineers, the people who qualify vendors, inspection personnel, assembly people, managers, accountants. Almost anyone in the chain can kill quality, but it takes everyone doing well to make a really great product.
I agree 100% as well, but I would add depending on the "quality" of the parts from vendors in that mix.
You can only work with what tools they, (your employer), gives you.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree 100% as well, but I would add depending on the "quality" of the parts from vendors in that mix.
You can only work with what tools they, (your employer), gives you.
Yes, that's why the people who qualify vendors and the people who inspect parts that come in from the vendors have to be on their games as well.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
IMO, the biggest issues for all vehicles is the electronics. They have become so incredibly complex that something is bound to break. Every car I've owned in the last 15 years has had electronics failures as the biggest repair expense. Always out of warranty, too.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Completely agree.

IMO, the biggest issues for all vehicles is the electronics. They have become so incredibly complex that something is bound to break. Every car I've owned in the last 15 years has had electronics failures as the biggest repair expense. Always out of warranty, too.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Mostly Bimmers? I haven't ever had an electronic failure in any vehicle I've owned, unless you call a bad voltage regulator in my 1970 Mustang an electronics failure. And that was a $35 part IIRC.

I was driving 80s Fords until 2011, when the Coyote came out and I decided to buy something newer.

Oh, whoops - I think I did have an electronics failure in my '86 944 in about 2020. Being that it was 35 years old I don't feel bad about that either.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Mostly Bimmers? I haven't ever had an electronic failure in any vehicle I've owned, unless you call a bad voltage regulator in my 1970 Mustang an electronics failure. And that was a $35 part IIRC.

I was driving 80s Fords until 2011, when the Coyote came out and I decided to buy something newer.

Oh, whoops - I think I did have an electronics failure in my '86 944 in about 2020. Being that it was 35 years old I don't feel bad about that either.
I'm glad you asked. No vehicle was more than 4 years old when problems occurred, except the Porsche:

Honda S2000 - driver window and top wouldn't raise.... multiple temporary fixes but never fully resolved. Over $2000. Sold it.

Nissan Pathfinder - persistent interior lighting problems... $800 and gave up trying.

Lexus 430SC - spiral cable in steering column.... $1100.

Subaru Forester - dashboard stopped working... bad relays due to water getting into panel... $600.
( I always thought this was BS... no way water gets into it).

Porsche 997.2 - Bad sensor giving intermittent fail codes... $300

BMW 335i - taillight board... $300

Mustang GT - Antenna and GPS.... faulty units... $1300.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm glad you asked. No vehicle was more than 4 years old when problems occurred, except the Porsche:

Honda S2000 - driver window and top wouldn't raise.... multiple temporary fixes but never fully resolved. Over $2000. Sold it.

Nissan Pathfinder - persistent interior lighting problems... $800 and gave up trying.

Lexus 430SC - spiral cable in steering column.... $1100.

Subaru Forester - dashboard stopped working... bad relays due to water getting into panel... $600.
( I always thought this was BS... no way water gets into it).

Porsche 997.2 - Bad sensor giving intermittent fail codes... $300

BMW 335i - taillight board... $300

Mustang GT - Antenna and GPS.... faulty units... $1300.
Wow! I'd say you had really bad luck, because my assumption is some of those brands are pretty reliable in general. Being most were less than 4 years old, is the Porsche the only one you actually had to pay for?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Wow! I'd say you had really bad luck, because my assumption is some of those brands are pretty reliable in general. Being most were less than 4 years old, is the Porsche the only one you actually had to pay for?
No, every damn one was after the warranty expired. I forgot the worst one... Chevy Blazer ECU died out of the blue. What made it the worst was it was on a Sunday, in a small lake town many miles from home with no dealers anywhere, no way to fix it until Monday and no place to stay until then. .

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
You track guys abuse your cars. That’s why you’ve had so many problems. :)
Sponsored