OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Im sure part of this price decrease is lack of interest starting to form with the platform. Since the New 650 will be released in the next year/two. People are probs waiting.
Maybe, but I’m not too sure.

I think sometimes we forumites assume that the gen pop has the same level of interest in things as we do. But in reality I’d bet that most Mustang buyers don’t even know what a Performance Pack is, much less the details of the upcoming S650.

As always I could be wrong.

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Maybe, but I’m not too sure.

I think sometimes we forumites assume that the gen pop has the same level of interest in things as we do. But in reality I’d bet that most Mustang buyers don’t even know what a Performance Pack is, much less the details of the upcoming S650.

As always I could be wrong.
You and me both my friend. But I didn't take that into consideration you bring up a good point. Guess only time will tell. Still, fun to make predictions!!

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
You and me both my friend. But I didn't take that into consideration you bring up a good point. Guess only time will tell. Still, fun to make predictions!!
Yes you’re sure right about that!

Where would we be without speculation?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Where would we be without speculation?
[/QUOTE]
I’m going to speculate all over myself and say I don’t think anyone but those on here and a handful of others really care. Now, does anyone have a napkin?

Sponsored

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
It will get bad, some of us know that. 2007-08 will be nothing compared to what will happen IMO.
Hopefully it won't get to the 2007-2008 levels. The inventory is not near of the level it was in 2007-2008. The companies may have actually learned a little something from that recession. I see the company I work for slowly starting to curtail production now instead of waiting till you have millions of dollars in inventory sitting going bad. In 2007 we had over 50 million dollars in inventory just at my work site, not including the other 50+ manufacturing plants the company owns.

New housing starts are down but not to the 2007-2008 levels. I hope this is just a price correction and the market levels out, but guess if not we'll have to ride this roller coaster out. Lol

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
First it was transitory. Then sticky. Then shortage related. Now systematic. The labor market is staying strong in the face of all they are doing to stop it. There is some degree of panic at the Fed.

Labor market is still showing signs of strengthening. Unemployment for December came in below estimates even with all the highly publicized layoffs. The reality is 10,000 baby boomer a day will retire for the next 3 year and that number will climb to 20,000 a day until the early 2030s. Women saved the wage spiral in the 70s by going to work. Who will fill the gap this time? Unadjusted GDP was around 10% for 2022. 2023 should be close to the same. That is a 7 year doubling period for real(monetary) economy size.

That 22 will quickly turn into 30 and them 40. That is what a wage spiral is. Prices will climb as quick but that house payment and car loan won’t. Inflation fixes debt problems.

And for the record I think all of this is a positive for the people. Every mainstream shill is screaming for a recession. They need a recession. People need good paying jobs and cars.
You live in a very impressive fantasy world.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
First it was transitory. Then sticky. Then shortage related. Now systematic. The labor market is staying strong in the face of all they are doing to stop it. There is some degree of panic at the Fed.

Labor market is still showing signs of strengthening. Unemployment for December came in below estimates even with all the highly publicized layoffs. The reality is 10,000 baby boomer a day will retire for the next 3 year and that number will climb to 20,000 a day until the early 2030s. Women saved the wage spiral in the 70s by going to work. Who will fill the gap this time? Unadjusted GDP was around 10% for 2022. 2023 should be close to the same. That is a 7 year doubling period for real(monetary) economy size.

That 22 will quickly turn into 30 and them 40. That is what a wage spiral is. Prices will climb as quick but that house payment and car loan won’t. Inflation fixes debt problems.

And for the record I think all of this is a positive for the people. Every mainstream shill is screaming for a recession. They need a recession. People need good paying jobs and cars.
Car and house prices already went up and people have been suffering for quite a while now. It's odd to think this is good for people. I think it sucks for people. Material shortages are due to actual people not working. Those people are not better off with no job now than they were before when they were working supplying those materials to various manufacturers.

Inflation might fix debt problems, but it sucks for people who are on a fixed income and responsible people who save and invest their money.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I made the mistake of driving a GR86.
And...? Have to admit everything I read or watch says they are one of the best drivers cars out there. Interested to hear your take as I have yet to drive one.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
It was a matter of time. It’s a mix of the newer S650 coming out (people are sheep), inflation, gas prices and the propaganda of EVs (again, sheep). At least Ford didn’t drop the prices like Tesla screwing us all. 🤣 (not yet at least)

I’m planning to keep my Mustangs for a long time, so it’s all good.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
And...? Have to admit everything I read or watch says they are one of the best drivers cars out there. Interested to hear your take as I have yet to drive one.
It’s a blast. Like a well built go cart. Reminds me very much of my 1983 RX-7. It’s really point and shoot, sticky, makes the mustang feel like a boat. Downside, it’s slow ( not really but compared to my mustang) but you have so much fun driving it you don’t care. It’s a little noisy on in the interior from road noise. But it feels more tight and “unified” than the Mustang. It’s rather addictive. Didn’t have it on the highway. I do want one, I just can’t bring myself to trade the Mustang for it.

jamus34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach 1 (on order)
More imprtantly, the housing market has collapsed.

To a worse degree than in 2007-2008.

That's really heavy news, not that the main-stream media is covering the story, and one that will further effect the vehicle market.

Bad times ahead folks. The economy is going to take a gigantic dump.
While I agree, this home market bed shitting was well anticipated unlike 2008. Everyone knew house prices were bullshit, it was only a matter of time until they nosedived.

It is what it is. I got a rate higher than I like but not terrible. I got 60 to give me flexibility if life happens but plan to pay off in 3.

Enjoy life, but don’t mortgage your future (pardon the pun) to do it.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
It’s a blast. Like a well built go cart. Reminds me very much of my 1983 RX-7. It’s really point and shoot, sticky, makes the mustang feel like a boat. Downside, it’s slow ( not really but compared to my mustang) but you have so much fun driving it you don’t care. It’s a little noisy on in the interior from road noise. But it feels more tight and “unified” than the Mustang. It’s rather addictive. Didn’t have it on the highway. I do want one, I just can’t bring myself to trade the Mustang for it.
Hmm man... now I gotta go find one to test drive. Maybe i could trade the wifes car in on it while shes out of town.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Who are these people that are hurting? I hear about people hurt so bad by inflation but I haven’t met them? Is anyone halfway fiscally responsible not benefiting? I know a lot of people who have gotten massive raises. I know a lot of people that landed awesome jobs in the last two years and are making really good money. A friend of mine owns a large construction firm and is killing it. Construction everywhere and help wanted signs everywhere you look.

The economy is rocking right now. Like I said earlier I unadjusted GDP is close to 20% for the last two years.

That’s why I don’t think car prices are going to decline in any major way. People have to have cars. Fewer cars are being produced. The chip shortage is over so why hasn’t production ramped back up? Because manufactures don’t want prices to decline either.
That's true. In 2002 after 911 happened and the economy tanked I was lucky enough to keep my job. When you are one of the lucky people, everything is fine - for you. The recession doesn't hurt you in that case. Getting a raise is great. Although most people are not getting big enough raises to account for how much prices have risen. If I remember correctly, everyone in my company took a pay cut in 2002. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Material shortages don't just happen, though. There are material shortages because either a company or person that used to supply the material is no longer supplying it.

Sounds like you know a lot of people. Do you know any of the 12,000 people Google just laid off? Or the 10,000 laid off from Microsoft? According to Time, an additional 38,815 people have been laid off so far in 2023 by tech firms. Maybe you know some of them?
https://time.com/6248866/google-alphabet-biggest-layoffs-2023/

Anyway, I hope you are wrong about car values. I agree people need cars. With used cars costing so much and interest rates being really high, it's tougher to buy now than in the past. Hopefully we will see really low demand leading to some deflation in auto and home prices.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The natural state of a HEALTHY and SOUND economy is deflation. We see this most clearly in electronics, tv, phone and oil and plastics, where the government isn't engaged in tortuous interference.

Inflation is the tool of the elite banking to steal from the lower class, for inflation is the ticket to and natural outcome of unbridled debt issuance. Debt and money both spend the same but are not the same.

The natural and correct rate of interest should be between 7 and 13 pct. Anything lower is a recipe for grotesque unbacked debt and spending that must be painfully removed in the future.

One reason for rapid increase in real inflation in USA is the Ukraine fiasco. Not the war as such, rather the, "if we don't like you we're just gonna screw you in international trade". we've sequestered 30+ years of inflation overseas in other countries via trade agreements and settlement and it's now coming back onshore. Doesn't feel good does it...

When more and more oil contract are not priced in or settled in dollars, holy hell is going to break loose.
Sponsored