Sponsored

ARH vs Kooks headers

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Anyone have a picture of the headers installed with the anti vibration dampers? They facing forward or rearward?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So I've heard that Ford spent a ton of development time on the exhaust of this car to help control vibrations/harmonics. Has there been any testing/insight from ARH/Kooks on this?

Since these obvious change the tone, they're changing the harmonics. Any concern?

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
So I've heard that Ford spent a ton of development time on the exhaust of this car to help control vibrations/harmonics. Has there been any testing/insight from ARH/Kooks on this?

Since these obvious change the tone, they're changing the harmonics. Any concern?
See the pics I just posted of the updated dampers. Seems like they did their homework.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
When Kooks first released they were having issues with the dampers fitting up. I had to get creative with my solution to get them on. It worked out well in the end. Good to see Kooks resolved the issue now.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
See the pics I just posted of the updated dampers. Seems like they did their homework.
Gotcha'. Do they seem to be custom for the headers/catless mid-pipe? Or are they just the same as the OEM?

I would assume that you'd need slightly different dampeners since the harmonics would be different, but admittedly, I know very little about that stuff. Just enough to be annoying on the internet :)

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Gotcha'. Do they seem to be custom for the headers/catless mid-pipe? Or are they just the same as the OEM?

I would assume that you'd need slightly different dampeners since the harmonics would be different, but admittedly, I know very little about that stuff. Just enough to be annoying on the internet :)
They are noticeably heavier, skinnier, longer and have an aluminum sleeve over top vs the shorter exposed rubber ones that are OEM. Quite diff from OEM. I assume there is some reasoninbtg behind them but maybe not. Mine were reversed and I had an odd vibration at 2500ish rpm. I fixed that issue but haven’t didn’t have a chamber to test drive last night. I’ll take her for a spin this evening hopefully.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I had some kooks hiflow resonators put in my system to quiet it down/kill the harshness of the catless headers. Really deepened it up too. I absolutely love the sound now.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I had some kooks hiflow resonators put in my system to quiet it down/kill the harshness of the catless headers. Really deepened it up too. I absolutely love the sound now.
And I forgot...what mufflers/cat back system were you running these with? Where in the system did you install the resonators?

I’ve often wondered (and haven’t seen discussed) if green cats would have a similar effect? Tone things down a bit for folks that desire that result.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Did your car happen to be on their Facebook page or instagram page recently then? I know Kooks posted something about some resonators on a 350 but just don't remember when.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Did your car happen to be on their Facebook page or instagram page recently then? I know Kooks posted something about some resonators on a 350 but just don't remember when.
That was me lol
Sponsored