Sponsored

Are you Sirius ?

Are you a Sirius Radio lover or hater, or what?

• Total voters

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
The Sirius app for your phone is so much better and with multiple vehicles and using it at home for the same price it's a no brainer.

In pretty certain the sound quality is also a lot better from the app. In settings you can adjust the sound quality.

I always complain it's too pricey but end up renewing it everytime lol
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have a certain amount of affinity for nearly all the possible voting selections. There was a time when I had Siriuus in three vehicles, sold two. After six months or so Sirius sent me a check for something like twice what was pending—and I had forgotten about—without my asking.

I've long been an advocate of "the music of driving"; listening to and separating out all the different sounds is still a primary pleasure.

Just today I transferred 2054 MP3 files to a many-GB thumb drive. I don't need no Sirius to be certain of access to something I like. That's the Music drive. The Spoken Word drive has a few hundred poetry readings—some by the authors—appealing performances on stage (Bravo! Bikel), and car-racing interest (Racing Sounds From Grand Prix; Sports Cars In Stereo, et al.). The Mustang system ignores directory (folder) information, so when you browse or Shuffle-play all, they come out in one long string.

Before I quit my job I had a forty-five-minute drive from my office to the interviews site and back. For a long period I used the road time to work on my throat-singing skills,and got pretty good at it (think Huun-Huur-Tu, Ghengis Blues).

My ears don't see a problem with Sirius sound quality. On of the benefits of aging. One of the very few.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I cancelled it in my Mustang and use a USB. That is when I have music on at all. In my DD I have it on all the time and also have a CD in and USB and radio so I can change as I please. So far, the music is free I have not had to pay. Eventually that will run out. The best "trial I have seen is 6 months of select for 30 bucks. I think I used to pay 36 every 3 months for basic service with the 50 or so channels only. It's fine for a car. Indoors I use Pandora, Spotify and Roon/FLAC.

KungFuGrip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost Premium Convertible, Orange Fury
I love SiriusXM, there's no way I'd hear as much great new rock & roll without Underground Garage. But once the trial runs out, I'll just use the app on my phone since my other car is already subscribed. .

I can't tell if it's Sirius that sounds bad, or just the awful Ford stereo. My Toyotas have XM, and they sound decent. Back when they were competitors, XM and Sirius were on opposite sides of he quality/quantity spectrum,so.....hm.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I sub to Sirius Radio for my DD but not the Mustang. Every time the sub runs out I call to cancel and they renew me for the same price as the previous period. I think I paid $33 - 6 months which is acceptable as I travel frequently.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Thank you for this post, made me check my subscription and saw it renews tomorrow, called and canceled, they tried the negotiating and all that, takes for ever to finally cancel it. I didn’t have a problem with quality, didn’t sound any better or any worse then my local radio stations or my Spotify, after 6 years today was my last day with them though. I always thought I got a deal when negotiating but in the long run I just don’t use it enough to make it worth it even though all I really listen to Is satellite radio.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You can consistently call and get them to do 5 or 6 months for somewhere between $25-35.

That being said the quality sucks and Spotify is 100x better. Very happy I switched.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It sounds like garbage. I give it a try every time Sirius gives me a free trial, and it's continually awful if you like music. The compression artifacts are incredible.

FloridaMatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EP vert, 2020 Corsair
I throw away every mailpiece from Sirius. USB Stick with 4k or thereabouts mp3 files set to shuffle. By the way, that stick will totally choke the infotainment system in an Evoque.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not worth it for me, but I'm cheap. If it doesn't directly relate to the car's performance I have trouble justifying the expense. I have taken their deal rate when I know I'm going to be driving into radio limbo for a few days. Usually I swap between music, talk and USB.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Sirius not worth it when you have Apple Music,Pandora, Spotify,etc. it’s an outdated format and mentality to pay for the radio when there are so many better alternatives that remain portable with you.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I had an extensive CD collection years ago - thousands.... burned them all to a 500gb HD and sold the entire collection off for a few hundred bucks...
Not that you would probably get in trouble, but that is actually not legal as the CDs were your licenses. You technically do not have the legal right to those songs now.

As far as the original title question, Sirius/XM is garbage in both their quality, delivery, and customer service. If you want them on the cheap never allow them to auto renew your subscription and always negotiate the renewal over the phone (with someone that rarely speaks English well) for at least half of what they would have charged you. PITA company to deal with.

For me I do a combination of MP3s (Songs, Audio books), streaming podcasts, or Amazon Music (comes with being an Amazon Prime customer). Amazon music is not anywhere near as good as other streaming services but costs me nothing extra. I use it to basically try new stations to hear new music and build up my favorites play list.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I like it but only drive my car 6 mo.out of the year and my 4x4 the other.so I just use usb sticks.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I only subscribe to the Travel Link.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)