Sponsored

Are You a Ford Guy?

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I’m a “car guy” but I do prefer Fords. My GT350 is my 7th mustang, but I still have my first. An 88 GT. Our current stable is my 88GT, my GT350, the wife’s 65, her 19 GT premium, a 13 King Ranch F150 and my commuter, a 11 Fusion.
Looking for a replacement for the Fusion, and I’m checking out the new Accord hybrid, and the Genesis G70. Both would be nice replacements. Ford just doesn’t make a competitive midsize sedan anymore.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A GT500 would really complete that quartet....! Jus sayin’
Working on it. I would say that it would be a nice addition to a "Ford guy's" collection. Just sayin'

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
You sound like a real prick.
I’m not offended by your post.
But you are so far off it’s almost humorous.
I’m not taking what you say personal because everyone has a right to enjoy and want what they like.
But, to educate you, ford has more racing victories than any car brand ever. Ever!
That is a tall achievement.
Sure the mustang may of had a history of using a rear straight axle, or low rpm, heavy weight etc as “you” say. But what the mustang also has is affordability, a cult following, the biggest aftermarket following, history, the first and most celebrated pony car.
The mustang is America’s oldest and longest running consecutive “car” ever.
That itself says a lot.

Sure the 71-73 were boats.
74-78 were hideous and lame.
Thank god for the 1979 redesigning and in 82 the gt came back.
Time progression and advancements kept the mustang in production.
The 84-86 SVO was a great car for its time. It was a turbo 4 cylinder 2.3L that was designed to handle and it did.
The 93 cobra R paved the way to what we have today.
But it all started in 1964.5 and thanks to Carroll Shelby and Lee Iacocca the mustang is a true American icon.
Posts are emotionless and expressionless....

I, for one, really appreciate the history lesson behind the mustang.... I’ve owned 3 yet truly haven’t grasped what my hands were gripping onto everytime I started the car until I read this post.....

...... but this should’ve been your first reply rather than your second..... the way I Demonic’s post, it was more inquisitory rather than aggressive......

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Posts are emotionless and expressionless....

I, for one, really appreciate the history lesson behind the mustang.... I’ve owned 3 yet truly haven’t grasped what my hands were gripping onto everytime I pee started the car until I read this post.....

...... but this should’ve been your first reply rather than your second..... the way I Demonic’s post, it was more inquisitory rather than aggressive......
Sorry but as I said it sounded snobby. Like all other cars are without issues.
I also explained my not taking what he said personal.

Sponsored

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
The Fox body was a Ford experiment in my mind. A friend of mind had a 5.0 and it was the cheaper version not the GT. It looked nothing like a Mustang, kinda disappointed
I'm not even sure how to address this? It certainly wasn't an experiment since the basic car lived on from 1979-1993. The Ford Probe could be considered a Mustang "experiment" not the Fox Body for crying out loud. And looking how it evolved from, staying mostly the same from 87-93, also indicates a level of success.

The "cheaper" version that "didn't look like a GT" was likely faster and all things considered might now be more valuable than the "faster looking" GT.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I realize I should have stuck to the mantra that if I didn’t have something nice to say I shouldn’t say anything at all.
Don't do that. I was diagnosed as a mute until I was 8 because of that.

I like lots of different cars. But wouldn't have called myself a xxxxx guy, until my son went to work for Ford.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You sound like a real prick.
I've met him at the track in Tooele, Scott. He's a nice guy. Somehow signals must have got crossed or something.

Anyway, back to minding my own business.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I never really thought of myself as a Ford guy, but in the past 5 years I have become a fan of Ford and prefer their product based on value of what you get for the price. Now that I just ordered a 19 F150 Lariat Sport as my daily and work vehicle I guess I am closer to that label than before.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Love my Mustangs, but I am just a car guy, regardless of brand.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I’m not aFord guy per say. But I have had great experiences with Ford products. Mustangs and F150 4x4s have been my go to rides for years without issue. I’m also a big fan of Jeep. Owned a few. But as far as sports cars go. I buy what ever catches my eye. And I’d probably own a vette right now. If my old ass could fit in one.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I’m not aFord guy per say. But I have had great experiences with Ford products. Mustangs and F150 4x4s have been my go to rides for years without issue. I’m also a big fan of Jeep. Owned a few. But as far as sports cars go. I buy what ever catches my eye. And I’d probably own a vette right now. If my old ass could fit in one.
It’s better to have an old ass that fits in the Mustang then be that guy who can fit in the Corvette, that’s bald, tube socks pulled up to his knees and wears jorts.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I'm not even sure how to address this? It certainly wasn't an experiment since the basic car lived on from 1979-1993. The Ford Probe could be considered a Mustang "experiment" not the Fox Body for crying out loud. And looking how it evolved from, staying mostly the same from 87-93, also indicates a level of success.

The "cheaper" version that "didn't look like a GT" was likely faster and all things considered might now be more valuable than the "faster looking" GT.
Maybe my choice of words was misleading. I was meaning "experiment" in styling because it looked nothing like a Mustang.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I’m 48. I’ve owned a mixture of Fords, Chevys, and Dodges. I’ve owned a lot great cars as you can see in my signature. Each having their merits and demerits. My 2018 GT350R is everything I expected and more. Hands down the best of the bunch despite not being the fastest in a straight line but that's not why I bought it. I'm a fan of "cool" cars. After owning a mixture of straight line cars and cars that handle, I can say I lean 70/30 towards having a great handling car with excellent balance and power. Not stupid power. Each one of the big three produce very cool cars. I will own anything that I consider worth owning. Why limit myself and be captive to one manufactures fortune or misfortune at the time? It just so happens that I've owned more Fords than anything. Mustangs to be specific but my very first new vehicle purchase was a 94 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. I've had two TBirds (79 & 87) and a white 93 5.0 limited edition Fox body convertible. I don’t mind the fact that a non-Ford owner can go buy a new ford vehicle and get a discount / rebate. I am that guy. My company offers employee discounts. I am an Army Vet. If there are discounts that I qualify for then great. Obviously, with cars like the R, there was only the best deal you make to be had and no discounts / rebates but that doesn't deter me from buying what I want.

And honestly, I wouldn't mind having one of everything. I do like the thought of another Boss or possibly an SS1LE as a daily.:surprised: I just don't have the room.
Sponsored

Last edited: