Are You a Ford Guy?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
HMmmmm

cJ9Vejf6RX_j6eHRuo7-UR0L6dZmheMnAYUcGk4VjsDkH3-uo3N_qS2AjudHpX9s8H2QM7GFtFz9mYcsY=w1548-h1160-no.jpg

Z8RSLpa6Qt9bGFIlTk4_AQtih39gZjb8cW2sOJs-L-PI4lazqQGaAtiwywlHEO6oOYyUvBFVh3r7oVpU_o=w870-h1160-no.jpg

And under the cover is my 65 K code.... Just need to go to the paint shop. So I guess I can safely say yes.
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You sound like a real prick.
I think you’ve seen enough of my posts here to know I’m not trying to offend anyone. I was giving my honest perspective of how I’ve viewed older muscle cars. I gave my view thinking that I’m among a community of people who could better help me understand something I never got. And surely it could be something that you just get or don’t get. If it was taken that way, I apologize. I wasn’t trying to upset anyone.

I realize I should have stuck to the mantra that if I didn’t have something nice to say I shouldn’t say anything at all. I’d delete my post but it was already quoted.

Last edited:

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I’m 48. I’ve owned nothing but fords my whole life. I’ve owner over 30 vehicles from 1940s ford trucks to my 2018 GT350R and everything in between. I even own a 1946 ford tractor lol.
I will never own anything but a ford car or truck. It’s just to bad ford doesn’t reward loyal customers. I don’t like the fact that a non ford owner can go buy a new ford vehicle and get a discount / rebate. Oh well.
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I think you’ve seen enough of my posts here to know I’m not trying to offend anyone. I was giving my honest perspective of how I’ve viewed older muscle cars. I gave my view thinking that I’m among a community of people who could better help me understand something I never got. And surely it could be something that you just get or don’t get. If it was taken that way, I apologize. I wasn’t trying to upset anyone.

I realize I should have stuck to the mantra that if I didn’t have something nice to say I shouldn’t say anything at all. I’d delete my post but it was already quoted.
I don’t think you said anything wrong.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Honestly I’ve tried. Maybe this is a chance for someone to enlighten me about the appeal of Fords or Mustangs prior to the GT350 though. From my perspective, you’ve got a bunch of different sports cars from the previous era lined up in front of you. You’re given the chance to have any of them, but your eyes light up and your heart leaps as you say “oh man, I’ll take that heavy one with poor weight distribution, a low-revving engine with miserable volumetric efficiency using an outdated valve train system, and a solid rear axle to make sure I can’t turn properly. Screw the air cooled 911 or E30 M3.” That’s how I’ve had trouble seeing the appeal.
What did the bimmer or 911 cost compared to the Mustang? Back in the day. Two times as much? The appeal is the Mustang is an every mans car. They offer a Gt350r. For guys like you. For the kid buying their first car. They have entry level cars. For guys like me that like to mod the hell out of everything. We have the biggest aftermarket on Earth! The car has history and heritage. It’s something you either get or you don’t. But I’m sure there is a reason. As soon as Ford started exporting Mustangs to Europe. It was the best selling sports car over there. Outselling 911s & M3s.

Sponsored

Grabber350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2007 GT Convertible
I am a mustang guy but not necessarily a Ford guy. I have always had a mustang since my first car when I was 15, and since then I have owned one from every modern generation. Fox, SN95, S197, and now S550. And in every generation it was the go to cheap and fun sport/muscle car for it's time.

But my daily is a Toyota 4runner.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Honestly I’ve tried. Maybe this is a chance for someone to enlighten me about the appeal of Fords or Mustangs prior to the GT350 though. From my perspective, you’ve got a bunch of different sports cars from the previous era lined up in front of you. You’re given the chance to have any of them, but your eyes light up and your heart leaps as you say “oh man, I’ll take that heavy one with poor weight distribution, a low-revving engine with miserable volumetric efficiency using an outdated valve train system, and a solid rear axle to make sure I can’t turn properly. Screw the air cooled 911 or E30 M3.” That’s how I’ve had trouble seeing the appeal.
I’m not offended by your post.
But you are so far off it’s almost humorous.
I’m not taking what you say personal because everyone has a right to enjoy and want what they like.
But, to educate you, ford has more racing victories than any car brand ever. Ever!
That is a tall achievement.
Sure the mustang may of had a history of using a rear straight axle, or low rpm, heavy weight etc as “you” say. But what the mustang also has is affordability, a cult following, the biggest aftermarket following, history, the first and most celebrated pony car.
The mustang is America’s oldest and longest running consecutive “car” ever.
That itself says a lot.

Sure the 71-73 were boats.
74-78 were hideous and lame.
Thank god for the 1979 redesigning and in 82 the gt came back.
Time progression and advancements kept the mustang in production.
The 84-86 SVO was a great car for its time. It was a turbo 4 cylinder 2.3L that was designed to handle and it did.
The 93 cobra R paved the way to what we have today.
But it all started in 1964.5 and thanks to Carroll Shelby and Lee Iacocca the mustang is a true American icon.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
If it wasn't for the lack of spelling errors I'd think this was posted by Adam Carolla. Add on fake plastic vents and hood scoops and you have his rant down.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think I'm really a Ford guy, but almost every car I've owned is a Ford. I do look at other brands seriously, with the intention that I would buy one if I like it enough, but that hasn't happened. I have looked seriously at Camaros and Challengers - and driven them - but never owned one. I'm interested in Corvettes, but the used market sucks around here because most people leave them in their garage, rarely use them and then think they are worth a mint. Dealers are often hesitant to allow test drives of Corvettes as well. I've also driven newer Porsches and BMWs but the Porsches I found a little too sterile and boring and the BMWs sound like crap with the straight 6. I'm not going to buy a Japanese car. It's rare that they build anything that interests me, and the only Honda I ever owned was so unreliable I really don't want another.

I think I've owned a ton of different Mustangs mostly because they are common, inexpensive, and have RWD with a V8. Ticks most of my boxes right there.

I have told my wife I'm looking at a non-Ford in the past and she usually just starts giggling and rolls her eyes.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I’m 48. I’ve owned nothing but fords my whole life. I’ve owner over 30 vehicles from 1940s ford trucks to my 2018 GT350R and everything in between. I even own a 1946 ford tractor lol.
I will never own anything but a ford car or truck. It’s just to bad ford doesn’t reward loyal customers. I don’t like the fact that a non ford owner can go buy a new ford vehicle and get a discount / rebate. Oh well.
In my life I have owned a

1966 Galaxie 500 with 390 engine
1977 F150 4x4 351 Windsor
1991 F150 XLT Lariat
2014 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack with Ford Performance upgrades
2016 GT350

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Not a Ford guy at all. Heard of the GT350R through the forums and discussions of other sports cars. Didn’t believe the car was real or assumed it was just a concept car. Found out it was real. Bought it.

The awkward thing is it strikes up conversations from people telling me about memories of their old Ford or Mustang I’ve never heard of. I distinctly remember a guy enamored by my car telling me about his “Fox body”. I had no idea what a “fox body” was and he could tell from the confused look on my face. So while sitting there in the R I just go “sorry I’m not really familiar with Mustangs”.
The Fox body was a Ford experiment in my mind. A friend of mind had a 5.0 and it was the cheaper version not the GT. It looked nothing like a Mustang, kinda disappointed

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
The Fox body was a Ford experiment in my mind. A friend of mind had a 5.0 and it was the cheaper version not the GT. It looked nothing like a Mustang, kinda disappointed
Yeah a experimental car that lasted 14 years! Do you hear yourself?
So....what does a Ford Mustang look like?
Sponsored