Sponsored

Are Racing Stripes LAME? PLEASE HELP!

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
That looks clean ties in well
Thanks. The color itself is a tough one. It's obviously bright and it's very hard to bring out the depth and flake in the paint with pics. The color looks so much better in person than with pics especially from a camera phone lol. Although I do have the BA package I do think the stripes really compliment that. I originally had the stripe shop put the trunk lid stripe on and when I saw that I was like how about nooooooooo! lol

Grhyno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Stripes were one of my first mods! I was lucky enough, to have a neighbor that does decals as a full time job. It was worth paying a professional to install.
20220109_153543.jpg

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
As for quality, I went with vinylgraphicspro and they use the same quality vinyl as OEM (cast vinyl from 3M or Avery). I purchased my kit for 50% off ($250) and had a local graphics shop install it for $185.

Sponsored

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
The bigworm brand you mentioned is that quality legit close to oem?
We aren't exact matches but we are pretty dang close :sunglasses:

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
Hello Everyone, thought we would chime in. We are certainly happy to help and have been in business a few years now. We are not factory exact stripes - will be honest with you there. Ours tend to run a little smaller. But all our photos on the site for our kits are OURS - our product on cars- not stock photos. So you can see what you can expect. Can anyone put them on? In theory yes but it's not the easiest process. We do recommend when in doubt reach out to a local shop, let them know you are thinking about one of our kits and go from there. *Not every shop wants to put on a different company's kit. We also DO send free samples of our color options in the US; shoot us an email: [email protected]

ALSO this is the LAST weekend for our promo to save $75 off an order +$199 so if you're thinking of a full length kit this is the time. Use code: Mustang6NOW

Also if you want my suggestion for your Mustang, let me show off this beautiful option, I know she's a GT500 and yours is a GT350, but it's that dark grey and the closest example I have right now. The gloss black does look stunning. Pin stripes are optional and we have lots of colors - but that purple tho.
purple-dual-GT500.jpeg
purple-dual-GT500-1.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hello Everyone, thought we would chime in. We are certainly happy to help and have been in business a few years now. We are not factory exact stripes - will be honest with you there. Ours tend to run a little smaller. But all our photos on the site for our kits are OURS - our product on cars- not stock photos. So you can see what you can expect. Can anyone put them on? In theory yes but it's not the easiest process. We do recommend when in doubt reach out to a local shop, let them know you are thinking about one of our kits and go from there. *Not every shop wants to put on a different company's kit. We also DO send free samples of our color options in the US; shoot us an email: [email protected]

ALSO this is the LAST weekend for our promo to save $75 off an order +$199 so if you're thinking of a full length kit this is the time. Use code: Mustang6NOW

Also if you want my suggestion for your Mustang, let me show off this beautiful option, I know she's a GT500 and yours is a GT350, but it's that dark grey and the closest example I have right now. The gloss black does look stunning. Pin stripes are optional and we have lots of colors - but that purple tho.
purple-dual-GT500.jpeg
purple-dual-GT500-1.jpeg
Wow, that purple looks really good!

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Racing stripes are only lame if you think they’re lame. If you like them, run them. The one thing I will say is that the dual center stripes on the mustang have a lot of heritage, it’s not like putting stripes on a Honda Civic…

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I would echo some of Big Worm’s comments. Not every shop is willing to install someone else’s kit, I had to call several places before I found one. I did a test layout to see if I wanted to tackle it on my own, the hood, roof and trunk are pretty easy to get aligned. The front bumper is probably the most difficult and I was not willing to potentially mess it up so I had a professional do it. Took them a couple hours.

OP
OP
BigBro

BigBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

purple-dual-GT500.jpeg
purple-dual-GT500-1.jpeg
I was just browsing this website this morning.

OP
OP
BigBro

BigBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Racing stripes are only lame if you think they’re lame. If you like them, run them. The one thing I will say is that the dual center stripes on the mustang have a lot of heritage, it’s not like putting stripes on a Honda Civic…
We aren't exact matches but we are pretty dang close :sunglasses:
Much appreciated

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Racing stripes are lame, yes.

NOW HAVING SAID THAT, no one anywhere on earth has more standing than you to do what YOU want with YOUR car. If you want to put racing stripes on it, DO IT. You don't need some who-cares community's permission or approval. DO IT.

The only guidelines with which your trying to comply are your own. DO IT.

And if you do it, and people like me don't like it and tell you it's lame, GIVE THEM THE FINGER. Give *me* the finger. Mustangs are American MUSCLE cars -- you don't ask approval for what you want to do with your car. You DO IT, and to anyone like me who disapproves, F**K them!!

You and your car are beautiful. Make it what you want. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Amen.
This right here.
Your car, make it yours.
Personally, I think the stripe should have stopped at the hood lip and deck lid top. But that might be from years of owning Chevelles and Camaro's with the Stripes.
Your car, your call.