Are Mustangs Dangerous?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
The video is absolute uninformed garbage, slanderous even as mentioned before but I don't get the complaints about the nannies in the Mustang. Traction control /= Stability control. They are two different things. The TC button only disables the traction control when pressed briefly. To disable both traction and stability you have to hold it for 5 seconds when they are on. I have never had it kick back on and with everything turned off my car behaves just like every non-nannied car I have ever owned.

OP
OP
LDHunter

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
He’s a mopar guy. He has lots of videos belittling Mustangs.
I kind of suspected something like that. Makes for lots of conversation though.

Of course spoons make people fat and pencils cause mispellings and guns kill people so anything's possible... ;)

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Technically, in the movie Transformers, Mustang kills - Camaro saves.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
OP, Mustangs are very dangerous. Serious panty droppers! Careful out there bro
This is true. Before I got my mustangs I used to drop my paper every time I saw a guy driving one. Beautiful cars and can be dangerous at times. You just gotta get used to it and not drive like an idiot.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Cell phones are far more dangerous than any Mustang . . . . . . .

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Just remember... it isn't the speed that kills you, it's that abrupt stop the car makes while you are still in motion.
And what is all this nonsense about the TC and the rear-end? First Mustang I owned, I bought in 1970. It was a 67 coupe (at the time they called it a 2+2) with the 390, 850 Holley and 4-speed. Now the 390 only developed about 340 hp but it did put out about 400 tq and the rear of the 67 had no weight at all. It was hell trying to keep that rear-end on the ground, and the brakes... they'd start fading as soon as you turned the key.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yeah they're dangerous.. My life is at serious risk even just driving at 2 mph. Damn thing is a crowd eating time ticking vagina bomb.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LDHunter

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Just remember... it isn't the speed that kills you, it's that abrupt stop the car makes while you are still in motion.
And what is all this nonsense about the TC and the rear-end? First Mustang I owned, I bought in 1970. It was a 67 coupe (at the time they called it a 2+2) with the 390, 850 Holley and 4-speed. Now the 390 only developed about 340 hp but it did put out about 400 tq and the rear of the 67 had no weight at all. It was hell trying to keep that rear-end on the ground, and the brakes... they'd start fading as soon as you turned the key.
Yeah... I had one too and those cars were so far ahead of their time they're still being imitated... LOL

SirRobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I believe it really is people with little to no experience with RWD cars let alone cars with 400+hp signing a contract at a dealer and driving out with a car that is above their skill set.

I learned to drive in a 68 Galaxy in the PA winters. You either figure it out or take out a row of parked cars lol.

Last edited:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I learned to drive in a 68 Galaxy in the PA winters. You either figure it out or take out a row of parked cars lol.
Which, if you think about it, is what's happening with all the videos of Mustangs getting sideways. The difference is the prevalence of videos cameras. You and I could put our Galaxies (mine was a '65) sideways or in a ditch without 60 people recording the event. Not so much anymore.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Mustangs don’t kill people People kill people. I would think that if someone was going to go out of there way to make a video about the negative parts of cars. That they would at least have correct information. He obviously doesn’t know sh!t because most of his reasons for the mustang being are not even true or were not true anymore as of the time that they made the video.
Sponsored