Apple CarPlay issue

Aldopena

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aldo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Does anyone know why Apple CarPlay always disconnects randomly and won’t connect again until I turn the car off and on again. I already attempted switching lightning cables but still didn’t stop it. Also would there be a way to fix it like maybe swapping the screen? To an updated screening or maybe updating my system? Maybe too much heat?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
CarPlay hub might be bad (lucky, its not a big part) its like 50 bucks if you felt like trying it.

in glovebox, there's the usb charger thingy, I believe that gets pulled out (I pulled mien out) and had it swapped under warranty. my CarPlay quit working.

anyway they tossed anew one back in, and worked fine since.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
The CarPlay in my mustang is working fine which is Sync3.3.

But has been a disaster in my 2020 F-350 SD which has Sync3.4. I was having disconnect issues in the middle of using, 50% of the time CarPlay would not even connect. Then recently had an issue, when CarPlay would connect, when I tried to adjust the volume, I would get 'Prompt Volume' and not 'Audio Volume'. I was ready to shove this truck up the dealer's ass all because of Sync! Then last weekend I was researching the Prompt Volume thing. My google-foo found current discussion to that problem on an F150 forum. They were discussing it for the previous 4-5 days and right before I found the thread, someone mentioned a Waze update causing the issue. I never use Waze so I deleted off my phone. No BS, in the 3-4 days since, I have had ZERO CarPlay issues since!!! None, even the connection issue which I thought would not even yet know Waze was on the phone.... Which I later learned Waze supports the Ford Mobile App so if your phone connects via bluetooth to Sync, it know about Waze before CarPlay even starts. YMMV...

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know why Apple CarPlay always disconnects randomly and won’t connect again until I turn the car off and on again. I already attempted switching lightning cables but still didn’t stop it. Also would there be a way to fix it like maybe swapping the screen? To an updated screening or maybe updating my system? Maybe too much heat?
Is that a new problem? On your Iphone, is "Allow CarPlay while locked" switched on?

OP
OP

Aldopena

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aldo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
It’s not a new problem and yes my I have the switched on. I just doesn’t connect when I turn the car on and I have to restart the car. I already switched the usb hub. I also tried out multiple lightening cables. It just always does this like some sort of glitch but no one else seems to have this issue here in the forum. I wouldn’t think this glitch would be in just one car. I already switched the APIM at one point and it still glitches.

Sponsored

w0rmwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I’ve had this problem too, sync update to 3.3. Also noticed my phone getting hot very quickly, like connecting it is overloading it or something. In addition to the prompt/volume issue with Waze, like motodad mentioned.. I’ve also had more freezes when using the YouTube Music app to play music , while using navigation. Usually I just disconnect the phone for a few minutes and eventually the screen unfreezes and CarPlay will work again. I have an iPhone X with the latest iOS update, but not sure if that matters. I’m thinking about having my dealership take a look at it.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I had my APIM replaced and the most recent firmware updated, but CarPlay keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes or maybe every 10-15 minutes.
So annoying.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I had my APIM replaced and the most recent firmware updated, but CarPlay keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes or maybe every 10-15 minutes.
So annoying.
Are you using a genuine/certified cable? Latest iOS version?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I had the issue of the connect/disconnect. Even tried a new cable. You'll never believe what it was. When i was driving the cable would lose contact enough to disconnect, especially over bumps.

Inside the lightning port - dirt from your pocket loves to accumulate! If you turn your phone off and carefully take a small object like a dull needle, and go inside, you'd be amazed at what comes out of it. After cleaning out the port, i never had another issue with the connection.

Not saying this is your issue, but it was mine, and im so glad that's all it took to resolve it.

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
The problem I have is that while having the phone plugged in and listening to the radio, it will kick the radio off and Sync will go back to Audio source screen. Doesn’t happen al the time but when it does I have to unplug the phone to continue to listen to the radio.

Also got the Prompt Volume once.
Sponsored