Sponsored

Anyone using mustang gt manual after their wife’s pregnancy as well?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Nope, you might accidentally trigger an abortion with all the testosterone emanating from your body as you shift like a gorilla.
I was waiting for "if you bought an auto she wouldn't have even gotten pregnant" :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Not to mention that your wife will have her arse sticking out of the car with her head buried in the back seat when she is putting the child in and taking them out. IMHO only a dumb arse would allow his wife and child to become victims of some scum bag just because the car was thought to be cool. She needs to be able to be situationally aware of what is going on around her while she is in parking lots or even her own driveway. Eyes wide open, arse hanging out is not a good defensible position to be in.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. But it is wise to make sure that the vehicle that is used for transporting offspring is safe and easily accessible for both Mom and Dad. This allows one to keep their head up, eyes open, and with a bit of luck be able to confront a potential threat in advance to avoid becoming a victim.
Well if you live in Beirut maybe, but if that thought is serious then the US is more of a mess than I thought!

At no point in the UK does anybody ever worry about that when choosing a car!

babrams3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT C/S Manual FBO
For some, but I like that 3rd gear stutter/rev after mashing 1 & 2 which would not make baby happy

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
I must be missing something here.
Same.

Did I get an '06 with a slushbox when my '94 GT with a T-5 needed to be replaced (busses suck...) since it's easier to hold a binky in a kid's facehole if you don't have to shift? Yeah.

Did I sell that '06 and get something with a stick once my second kid was old enough? Also yeah.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Please say you are kidding. If true, then would putting a bag in the backseat be any different, or is another vehicle suggested for that? I have to say I have NEVER heard of anyone complaining that some scum bag was looking at their butt while putting the baby in the backseat. The chances are, the scum bag would have already been looking at her butt before she reached into the car. Suggestion....always wear underwear when out and about.....when wearing a dress or skirt 🙂..Problem solved!

Not to mention that your wife will have her arse sticking out of the car with her head buried in the back seat when she is putting the child in and taking them out. IMHO only a dumb arse would allow his wife and child to become victims of some scum bag just because the car was thought to be cool. She needs to be able to be situationally aware of what is going on around her while she is in parking lots or even her own driveway. Eyes wide open, arse hanging out is not a good defensible position to be in.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. But it is wise to make sure that the vehicle that is used for transporting offspring is safe and easily accessible for both Mom and Dad. This allows one to keep their head up, eyes open, and with a bit of luck be able to confront a potential threat in advance to avoid becoming a victim.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Please say you are kidding. If true, then would putting a bag in the backseat be any different, or is another vehicle suggested for that? I have to say I have NEVER heard of anyone complaining that some scum bag was looking at their butt while putting the baby in the backseat. The chances are, the scum bag would have already been looking at her butt before she reached into the car. Suggestion....always wear underwear when out and about.....when wearing a dress or skirt 🙂..Problem solved!

Not kidding. The number of people who are robbed, kidnapped, carjacked, and worse from parking lots is too many. Training oneself to be situationally aware can save your life. I taught my wife and daughter to always be aware of their surroundings and the people in it at all times. Don't walk about with your nose buried in your cell phone, have your keys in your hand with a large key protruding from between your fingers to use as a weapon if you are not armed otherwise. Don't dawdle when you get to your vehicle. Get in it and lock the door immediately.

Mothers with 4 door cars have a slight edge. If approached they can close the door to create separation from the other individual and their child. They can more easily get the child into the car seat, and not have to be bent over and halfway in the vehicle, and more easily keep an eye on what is going on around them.

And, yes, something as simple as putting a bag in the back seat can cause one to momentarily be unaware of an approaching person with bad intent. Remember that bad people look for the easiest targets. With just a bit of thought and training one can increase their degree of safety by quite a large margin. Bad people who come upon someone who is wide awake and aware of their surroundings will likely choose another victim.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The number of people who are robbed, kidnapped, carjacked, and worse from parking lots is too many.
I don't think I was this paranoid when around Damen/Madison in Chicago or even Garfield Park. And no, those wheren't cherry bombs the neighborhood kids were playing with.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Not kidding. The number of people who are robbed, kidnapped, carjacked, and worse from parking lots is too many. Training oneself to be situationally aware can save your life. I taught my wife and daughter to always be aware of their surroundings and the people in it at all times. Don't walk about with your nose buried in your cell phone, have your keys in your hand with a large key protruding from between your fingers to use as a weapon if you are not armed otherwise. Don't dawdle when you get to your vehicle. Get in it and lock the door immediately.

Mothers with 4 door cars have a slight edge. If approached they can close the door to create separation from the other individual and their child. They can more easily get the child into the car seat, and not have to be bent over and halfway in the vehicle, and more easily keep an eye on what is going on around them.

And, yes, something as simple as putting a bag in the back seat can cause one to momentarily be unaware of an approaching person with bad intent. Remember that bad people look for the easiest targets. With just a bit of thought and training one can increase their degree of safety by quite a large margin. Bad people who come upon someone who is wide awake and aware of their surroundings will likely choose another victim.
Must be Beirut :cwl:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yikes, I have no idea where Down Side of the Hill is in your signature; but I don't think I would want to live there if it causes this reaction. Yep, I agree one should be aware of their surroundings but I will never let what "could happen" determine what car I buy. Oh wait, you have a Mustang also. Do you ever put anything in the back seat...those perverts probably don't care if you are male or female.....arse is arse from the rear. :)

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well if you live in Beirut maybe, but if that thought is serious then the US is more of a mess than I thought!

At no point in the UK does anybody ever worry about that when choosing a car!
I could see a select handful of areas where that would be a concern, but everywhere I've lived it's not even a thought. Every country has some bad areas where you wouldn't want to stand out.

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
One more consideration. It's been ages since I thought about this. There may be some recommended seat positions for a pregnant woman. I think it's related to air bag deployment. Maybe I'm thinking about OWT's but just in case check your owner's manual.
OWT?

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Old Wives Tail.

Sorry, you were probably scratching your head wondering what sort of automotive acronym that was.
Was definitely scratching my head wondering what the acronym stood for, but wasn't thinking it was automative in nature. Just never heard of it before.
Thanks for the clarification boss

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Tale, not Tail.

That drunk posting thing gets me every time.
Sponsored