Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Depending on the loss on your trade, if you already have magneride it may be cheaper to just get the LMR SP2 wheels, FPP handling kit and good rubber.
I don’t have Magnaride but do have GT350 wheels and tires, very similar width and offset to the PP2. Also GT350R sway bars. So with those mods I’m wondering how much different a PP2 would feel.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have Magnaride but do have GT350 wheels and tires, very similar width and offset to the PP2. Also GT350R sway bars. So with those mods I’m wondering how much different a PP2 would feel.
Simply stated> GT350 wheels and tires, sway bars and Magnaride, zero comparison . One is for SHOW, (poser) the other is for GO, (real)

Sport + you become a part of the car. The ride is fantastic not harsh, car and driver feel planted to the road.

Nothing like it, put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Simply stated> GT350 wheels and tires, sway bars and Magnaride, zero comparison . One is for SHOW, (poser) the other is for GO, (real)

Sport + you become a part of the car. The ride is fantastic not harsh, car and driver feel planted to the road.

Hmm I beg to differ on the GT350 wheels being just for show - I bought them for improved handling, not looks. The offset pokes the fronts out similar to the PP2 and the turn-in sharpness and cornering improved dramatically. 295's fronts and 305's rears, PP2 305/305. There's a reason Ford puts them on GT350's.

Sponsored

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase

I completely agree. There is nothing conventional that is available that will compete with Magnaride. However, a PP1 car with Magnaride can be upgraded to match the PP2 with The Ford Performance upgraded sway bars and Performance Magnaride Tune.
There is nothing out there to match the performance brake calibration tune the the PP2 has.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Depending on the loss on your trade, if you already have magneride it may be cheaper to just get the LMR SP2 wheels, FPP handling kit and good rubber.
Only reason I'm really considering it is one particular deal...$10K off sticker and a payment that's $30/mo less for the same loan term. Would be gaining PP2, Recaros and active exhaust but losing my 4.09's which I would not be happy about.

Last edited:

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Only reason I'm really considering it is one particular deal...$10K off sticker and a payment that's $30/mo less for the same loan term.
I took a similar deal when I traded in my PP1 for the PP2. You will not regret the deal!

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It wasn't until the recent price increase. No idea why the PP1 went up so much and the PP2 hasn't changed in 3 years.
Yeah the PP1 package went up from $3995 to $5195 for base GT's while the PP2 package stayed at $6500. But on a base GT you are required to also get the $2000 301A package if you want PP2, where it's not required for a PP1.

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not to segway the conversation, but, are Recaros that comfortable for a daily driver?
I have always considered them a 'racing' seat...
Yeah they are soft and comfortable. I don't think I would want to be in them much longer then a hour or 2 though. that's from a 26 year old as well lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Yeah the PP1 package went up from $3995 to $5195 for base GT's while the PP2 package stayed at $6500. But on a base GT you are required to also get the $2000 301A package if you want PP2, where it's not required for a PP1.
Personally, I wouldn't even consider a Mustang without 301A, so I've never put that in the equation.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
Have a question, out of curiosity: Why is PP1+MR more expensive than PP2 (already with MR)? Just curious. By the way, I like the PP2 wheels much better, but the wheels/tires sticking out like a lowrider would be a deal-breaker.
I have the cloth Recaros and they are very comfortable even on long trips.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I made the switch as well, I came from a 2017 GT with the performance package.
I'd pretty much echo squid678 's comments.
What I love about the PP2 is that it's everything I would want in a street car yet for spirited and occasional track, it also has it, from the factory.
I planned to do some work on the 2017 GT, but the PP2 had everything I would want, in terms of how the ride is dialed in, all the minor enhancements of this package. Not to say everything about it stock is how I'd keep it, but it's like 80-90% for me.
Coming from modifying older cars both suspension and power-wise, it's amazing what value this package is, at the right price, from the factory, without touching much (depending on your preferences, plans)
Get the active exhaust if you don't already have it on your PP1.
Or, get an aftermarket unit, like a Corsa or whatever your flavour is, and in combination with the enhanced PP2 handling, it's quite the experience.

I'll add that the front splitter does make it somewhat of a chore, in addition to the stock Sport Cup 2s - but I have kept the Cup 2s on, I get "spirited" enough to enjoy them, and the grip and stiff sidewalls that result in lightning-quick steering response and controlled body movements is worth the trade-offs for me, like the tramlining.

I am partial to the idea of not lowering the car - in combination with the splitter, this will really make you have to be cautious on curbs, driveway entrances, etc. But if your roads are great where you are, this may not be a deal-breaker.

You won't regret it!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah they are soft and comfortable. I don't think I would want to be in them much longer then a hour or 2 though. that's from a 26 year old as well lol.
I completely agree with this.
I had the recaros on my 2017 GT before I got the PP2, and I decided to go with the heated cooled leather for the PP2. The recaros are a love-hate - they just don't work for some body types.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wait & see what the Mach 1 package looks like.

I have always been underwhelmed by the PP2. It has the wrong tires to be a good street car, and doesn't have the cooling to be a good track car.
Put some good coilovers, camber plates, and sticky tires on your 2018 car (that already has ~PP2 size wheels) and you will be faster for a lot less money than trading up.
I also agree with this view - the PP2 seems to satisfy a very, very small niche market. One who is spritied enough on the street, and does see some track time, but is not a full out track-rat, but also considers the PP1 too soft for both DD and obviously track. It's a real narrow target.
The GT350 with the coolers etc., are obviously much better for dedicated track sessions, but the downsides are all the hoses, routing and fittings that are all potential leak spots down the road. So these are obviously extra considerations, and for a DD, the coolers aren't obviously necessary. As track cars or weekend cars, it's easier to live with the coolers because you can inspect in intervals that don't seem like a PITA, as would be for a DD.
Ford also states to keep the cost of the PP2 cars within a certain range, by not adding the coolers.

It's an interesting pkg, for the right people, but out of the box, this group is very narrow, I agree.
Sponsored