Anyone traded their PP1 in on a PP2?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Wondering if anyone out there has traded in their PP1 GT on a PP2 GT, and if so was it worth it? Looking for opinions from folks who have spent a lot of time driving both. Thinking about doing it for the Magnaride and if I can find a good deal on one with Recaros and active exhaust.
Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I did and it was well worth it to me. I upgraded to premium+, digital dash and active exhaust as well. I did it last fall and the dealer had several '19 PP2 cars in stock that they wanted to move. I started out looking at Bullitts, but there were no factory incentives at all on them. PP2 had same incentives as every other GT. I don't have Recaros.

I had them change the tires to P4S before delivery. I didn't want to deal with the Cup 2s and sold them pretty quickly.

After having magnaride I don't want to go back.

It cost me some money, but I'm completely happy with the upgrade.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if anyone out there has traded in their PP1 GT on a PP2 GT, and if so was it worth it? Looking for opinions from folks who have spent a lot of time driving both. Thinking about doing it for the Magnaride and if I can find a good deal on one with Recaros and active exhaust.
Last summer I traded in my 15 PP1 GT for a 19 PP2 GT. IMHO it was absolutely worth it! My 15 had less than 40k miles on the odometer and I was able to trade in with positive equity and get a good price for my 19. I cannot speak for the fully optioned cars, since I had a base model PP1 and this car is a base model PP2. The PP2 package did afford me navigation, automatic climate control and my color, so this was a slight upgrade.
The difference between PP1 and PP2 is night and day... the car feels like it has superhero handling and the ride is better than my lowered PP1 on BMR springs. Magnaride is a wonderful thing! The base exhaust is also significantly better than the one that I had on the 15 and I also feel that the seats on the 19 are more comfortable.
Unfortunately, the 6 speed still has the same issues on this refresh and I have already bought a shift kit.
The Gen 3 motor feels stouter on the butt dyno and it is a nice upgrade from the 15 coyote motor.
There is honestly no comparison in the driving experience between an unmodified 15 PP and a 19 PP! I daily drove my 15 and now my 19 is a weekend fun car with 6 k miles on the odometer. If you are looking for a back road curve cutter/track use this is the car! However, if you are looking at replacing it as a daily driver, the PP 1 would be a better choice that would not force you to swap out the OEM tires. The Cup 2 tires are an acquired taste and have their own positive and negative characteristics on the PP2.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I've had some but not a lot of seat time in a PP1. You won't regret a PP2. Here's a grabber lime optioned just the way you mentioned (exact same options as my MY18).

https://www.patmillikenford.com/new-Redford-2020-Ford-Mustang-GT-1FA6P8CFXL5150070

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Wait & see what the Mach 1 package looks like.

I have always been underwhelmed by the PP2. It has the wrong tires to be a good street car, and doesn't have the cooling to be a good track car.
Put some good coilovers, camber plates, and sticky tires on your 2018 car (that already has ~PP2 size wheels) and you will be faster for a lot less money than trading up.

Sponsored

Mad Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2013 Fusion

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
That PP2 in the add doesn't seem to have the Cup2 tires. The fronts don't seem to poke either. Did Ford change the spec on the PP2 package?
Not to my knowledge. A little closer inspection and I see several things. The spoiler is grabber lime, PP2 would be black. It's missing the second piece of the splitter, but they may not install it until sold. The front wheels don't appear to be true PP2 wheels based on the position of the valve stems (appear to maybe be LMR knock offs). It was a special order, so maybe it had some aftermarket changes and then wasn't sold. It is odd though, but sticker clearly shows PP2.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Personally I think the PP2 is one of those cars where you should buy the PP2 off the bat or take your PP1 and tweak here and there. Honestly PP2 wheels and tires + an adjustable front sway bar set to SOFT and you're actually pretty close. Although to the PP2's credit there are bespoke parts borrowed from the 350.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And the PP2 DOES have Sport Cup 2's. 305 all around and 10.5 and 11 inch wheels. The front wheels and tires to poke a tiny bit but through suspension travel's geometry, they tuck in as compression maxes out.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Not to segway the conversation, but, are Recaros that comfortable for a daily driver?
I have always considered them a 'racing' seat...

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Have a question, out of curiosity: Why is PP1+MR more expensive than PP2 (already with MR)? Just curious. By the way, I like the PP2 wheels much better, but the wheels/tires sticking out like a lowrider would be a deal-breaker.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Not to segway the conversation, but, are Recaros that comfortable for a daily driver?
I think it depends more on your body type, but I have a bad back and love the Recaro's in my GT350. Other people complain about them. I am 5'11" 200lbs and love them.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm 5' 8" and about 200 lbs and I really like them. I've never felt uncomfortable even after several hours. They also hold you very well in higher speed cornering even just using the normal shoulder belt.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Have a question, out of curiosity: Why is PP1+MR more expensive than PP2 (already with MR)? Just curious. By the way, I like the PP2 wheels much better, but the wheels/tires sticking out like a lowrider would be a deal-breaker.
It wasn't until the recent price increase. No idea why the PP1 went up so much and the PP2 hasn't changed in 3 years. As for the front poke, take a 35 mph off ramp at 80 and you'll appreciate it a little more.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I got it right the first time. To answer your question ......... hell yes ! 2 X's the car, active exhaust is standard OME, seat an option.

Looking for a deal, USED is all your'e gonna find .

I ordered mine and the first time I drove a Mustang was the day I picked it up, a few months later.

Trying to figure out what's the complaint regarding the cup tires .......? Some of the statements above regarding the PP2. To be kind, are inaccurate, looking like a low rider being the most ridiculous .

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: