Sponsored

Anyone running Borla Ataks?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm currently running a res. delete and h pipe on my 2019 gt and am curious with Borla Ataks. If you're running them what are your thoughts? I've seen videos and it sounds good, but videos don't capture the true sound. I know they're loud, but what about tone, rasp, how they are at cruising speeds, etc..? I'd rather get some opinions rather then the videos I've seen. One guy on a video told me they're deep sounding, but have a nice high pitch. Huh?
The h pipe sounds great in normal driving mode, but in sport plus at higher rpms it sounds higher pitched and more like an x pipe to me.
Curious to thoughts and any info. would be great.
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
While not the same, I do have an FRPP X-pipe and Borla S-type AB's. There is no way I would put Ataks on it. It would be way, way too loud.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I do have active exhaust so I'm honestly not worried about being to loud. I'm more worried about it being way to high pitched.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
So you are going to have a choice between loud and loud exhaust? Is the open exhaust high pitched?

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So you are going to have a choice between loud and loud exhaust? Is the open exhaust high pitched?
Not with an h pipe in normal driving mode. It can get higher pitched in sport plus on higher rpms.
The h pipe is slightly louder then stock so I know the Ataks would be way different. I have to drive in track mode all of the time though to really benefit. Normal sounds no different then stock to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not exactly a good way to sell me something when I'm trying to get questions and answered and more feedback. Favorites tell me nothing.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I'm currently running a res. delete and h pipe on my 2019 gt and am curious with Borla Ataks. If you're running them what are your thoughts? I've seen videos and it sounds good, but videos don't capture the true sound. I know they're loud, but what about tone, rasp, how they are at cruising speeds, etc..? I'd rather get some opinions rather then the videos I've seen. One guy on a video told me they're deep sounding, but have a nice high pitch. Huh?
The h pipe sounds great in normal driving mode, but in sport plus at higher rpms it sounds higher pitched and more like an x pipe to me.
Curious to thoughts and any info. would be great.
I have Borla ATAKs on my car and I love them. We sell Borla here at @LethalPerformance! Feel free to shoot me a message or give us a call at 1-877-253-8425 if you have any questions or would like to place an order! https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...ford-mustang-gt-coyote/exhaust/catbacks/borla

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Attacks sound good on stock headers. While raspy the drone is minimal. Comparable to Corsa Xtremes on stock headers.

Sponsored

KDSinister

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT PP1, Borla ATAK, Steeda ProFlow, Steeda springs, SVT PP2
I have a '19 GT with an Active Atak Catback system and the Borla Resonator. I can send you a sound clip if you like, but imo it's sounds awesome with the active setup. I can quiet it down when I want, but I run Track mode when I want to turn heads. No drone, and great build quality.

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
I have ATAKs on my 2018 GT daily driver and really like them. I had Corsa Sports previously but hated the rasp. The ATAKs are much deeper and I don't notice any rasp. They are fairly loud on cold start but quiet down pretty quickly. No drone either. They are plenty quite inside to have a conversation with a passenger or on bluetooth. However, when you go WOT you will be heard which can sometimes be inconvenient hahaha.

I have wondered how they would sound with an h-pipe instead but honestly I'm pretty pleased with them using the Borla x-pipe.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a '19 GT with an Active Atak Catback system and the Borla Resonator. I can send you a sound clip if you like, but imo it's sounds awesome with the active setup. I can quiet it down when I want, but I run Track mode when I want to turn heads. No drone, and great build quality.
If you can send me that clip it would be great. I know it wont sound the same in person, but the more I hear from clips the better. Everything I've found so far varies. lol
Yours still has a resonator? Everything I've heard so far doesn't.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have two videos up, one from the install and one review video. Why do I mention the install video. Have look at the build quality.....

I did not get any performance gains on the 0-60, 201/402m according to my Dragy

Jump to 10:35 if you just want to hear some sweet sound.

Last edited:

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I do.

Great sound. Some drones.
Cruising is slightly loud but not bad at all.
When you open tho....music.
Crispy sound with some good deep note.
And...12-14whp gain dyno tested.

Sponsored