Sponsored

Anyone running a Borla S-Type axle back only?

OP
OP
ggreenlow8

ggreenlow8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Everyone has a different opinion on what quiet is. I went with the stype because of how quiet a lot of people on here say it was. Cold starts rattle the whole house even when I'm parked outside not in the garage. My wife could hear me coming home when I'm 5 blocks away and she's in the bathroom blow drying her hair. I'd call that loud. Hell it's still loud with 4 mufflers but it's bearable now and flows well enough for the turbos so im happy. To each their own.
All great feedback! Thank you. Going to buy the S Type axle back first. I’ll see how the volume is, and then make a decision if I want to add in X/H pipe after that. It is true, everyone has a different take on volume.
Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I think if you can find some mustangs in your area with Borla exhaust to listen first would be ideal. I listen pretty much all the people posting on youtube of their exhaust and thought Borla ATAK is not that loud on youtube until I had it on the car. I was going to order the S-type Borla and sale the ATAK, but my 23 years old son stop me and said he loves it.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Everyone has a different opinion on what quiet is. I went with the stype because of how quiet a lot of people on here say it was. Cold starts rattle the whole house even when I'm parked outside not in the garage. My wife could hear me coming home when I'm 5 blocks away and she's in the bathroom blow drying her hair. I'd call that loud. Hell it's still loud with 4 mufflers but it's bearable now and flows well enough for the turbos so im happy. To each their own.
what..lol
with nothing but stock cats and this 3” borla S full catback, my Stock 15’ no where near rattles the house..lol
with Catless long tubes I could maybe see it, which is where I’m going next.

It has a slight humm in the cabin and no drone, 70 and it’s like stock exhaust.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
what..lol
with nothing but stock cats and this 3” borla S full catback, my Stock 15’ no where near rattles the house..lol
with Catless long tubes I could maybe see it, which is where I’m going next.

It has a slight humm in the cabin and no drone, 70 and it’s like stock exhaust.
Crazy my experience was polar opposite. Before the turbos I was just running intake/ exhaust. It was stupid loud. Maybe the 18+ is naturally louder? Freeway cruising at 80-85ish would give me a headache before I could get across town to work. I actually got back under the car to make sure I didn't get atak mufflers by accident. Lol

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Crazy my experience was polar opposite. Before the turbos I was just running intake/ exhaust. It was stupid loud. Maybe the 18+ is naturally louder? Freeway cruising at 80-85ish would give me a headache before I could get across town to work. I actually got back under the car to make sure I didn't get atak mufflers by accident. Lol
I was gonna say... you sure they didn't give you ataks? Lol. I have a 2019 and, cruising under 2k, my first impression was that it's actually quieter than stock. That obviously changes once you get on it though.

Did you still have the sound tube installed before the turbos? That would give me a terrible headache until I plugged it up. It also made the things seem a bit louder, in the cabin, than I cared for.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I was gonna say... you sure they didn't give you ataks? Lol. I have a 2019 and, cruising under 2k, my first impression was that it's actually quieter than stock. That obviously changes once you get on it though.

Did you still have the sound tube installed before the turbos? That would give me a terrible headache until I plugged it up. It also made the things seem a bit louder, in the cabin, than I cared for.
No I deleted the sound tube with the intake install right after I bought the car.
Sponsored