petevan5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack
What’s up guys,
New to the forum but I figured I’d ask a question that seems to have a popular debate. I bought my S550 with ataks already on it. However, I am a huge fan of the xtremes especially paired with long tubes. Is it worth switching? Or should I just pair longtubes up with the ataks.

Thanks
Sponsored

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I have corsa extremes paired to catted longtubes and they sound great. Buddy has ATAK paired to his longtubes and I prefer it over my set up because his is deeper while mine sounds higher pitched. Not worth the switch to me, but if you think it is worth it then switch!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I recently cut the Corsa Xtreme mufflers off mine, kept the double x and added AWE touring mufflers to go with my ARH LTH setup. Slightly deeper, and definitely doesn't have that trumpety tone Xtremes can have with LTH.

But any of those setups can sound great depending on preference.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer Borla over the Extremes also. Especially with LT's. The E's sound better with a stock setup/cats.

Sponsored

OP
OP
petevan5oh

petevan5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate the feedback definitely something to mull over!

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I switched from Borla to Corsa. Had the Xtremes with stock headers on the car for a year, then installed longtubes. The thing was louder than imaginable if you've never heard it in person, but it sounded insane. I switched to Corsa Sports simply because the Xtremes with catless longtubes were too damn loud. The ATAKs would be similar with longtubes. The sports have a great tone paired with longtubes, a little quieter than I'd hope for but great tone and very refined. Still has that Corsa exotic scream but toned down. I like the sound of Corsa better, but if you like deeper tone then keep the Borla. It's all preference and I'd watch as many videos as you can to get a feel for the sound, but in the end both sound great!

OP
OP
petevan5oh

petevan5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
I switched from Borla to Corsa. Had the Xtremes with stock headers on the car for a year, then installed longtubes. The thing was louder than imaginable if you've never heard it in person, but it sounded insane. I switched to Corsa Sports simply because the Xtremes with catless longtubes were too damn loud. The ATAKs would be similar with longtubes. The sports have a great tone paired with longtubes, a little quieter than I'd hope for but great tone and very refined. Still has that Corsa exotic scream but toned down. I like the sound of Corsa better, but if you like deeper tone then keep the Borla. It's all preference and I'd watch as many videos as you can to get a feel for the sound, but in the end both sound great!
Yeah its definitely something i'm going back and forth between doing. I've spammed so many videos trying to narrow down the options haha! I appreciate it!

Stng50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
ATAKs are a bit deeper sounding than the Corsas
Sponsored