Anyone ever tried this down pipe?

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I offered $250 for one and got it as well. Probably install it this weekend.

Mike
Sponsored

nolezack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM Performance Pack
pulled into the gas station to buy a protein shake, by the time I got back my car was smoking from the engine bay. The smoke was so bad I turned my car off and popped the hood. My brother opened the hood and said my downpipe was glowing red. After coming to the conclusion that nothing was wrong, I turned the car on and a HUGE smoke cloud came out of the exhaust. Car did not drive like it had a problem

Installing an aftermarket downpipe without specific tunes for them is just asking for issues...... Search Subaru forums and you will quickly see people have done this with negative results. I would expect similar results for other boosted cars much like the EBM.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Installing an aftermarket downpipe without specific tunes for them is just asking for issues...... Search Subaru forums and you will quickly see people have done this with negative results. I would expect similar results for other boosted cars much like the EBM.
What can be tuned to avoid smoking besides raising the idle? This well documented smoking issue has to do with the PCV system.

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
My cars in the middle of its transformation. I'll have my Cobb port Thursday. Trying to get everything installed asap

nolezack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM Performance Pack
What can be tuned to avoid smoking besides raising the idle? This well documented smoking issue has to do with the PCV system.
Well the smoke issue would become compounded with non-catted DP so raising idle or gutting PCV soon after would be a good idea. Also pro tune would allow the car to run optimal given the Airflow parameters have changed from stock form.

Sponsored

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
So has anyone with 2016 had any issues with the smoking yet? I'm trying to figure out and see if the smoke issue might of have been fixed for 2016. I have a 2016 but haven't installed yet it's been raining and cold around here

Also, any tips for the install? The dp install on my ST and the wrx (bug eye ) was a pita and if I had to do it again I wouldn't unless I get someone to do it for me the location was just real pita but the Mustang look like there's plenty of rooms.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I saw that this company was from Texas, which is why I made an offer (I live in Louisiana and wanted it this weekend). It shipped from San Francisco, so it won't be here until Monday. Just a heads up.

Probably came in to San Fran on a boat from China.

Mike

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I saw that this company was from Texas, which is why I made an offer (I live in Louisiana and wanted it this weekend). It shipped from San Francisco, so it won't be here until Monday. Just a heads up.

Probably came in to San Fran on a boat from China.

Mike
I thought the same thing. Only issue I have is the DP sometimes thumps on the floor board. I haven't figured out why, it's rare when it does it, and only at certain times/rpms. it's just odd. Seems like sometimes the motor mounts are "loose" and let the whole assembly rock a bit- I might just be imagining things. I did high center the exhaust once and chalked it up to that.

I have thought about adding a bracket to bolt to the stock location but it hasn't bothered me enough and it rarely happens so eh, it's getting replaced when I go BT anyways.

Otherwise it's a great deal and works as it should with otherwise excellent fit.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Installed mine today. Fit was good, no leaks, and it woke up the stock exhaust a bit. Car feels smoother as well. Not nearly as much exhaust odor as my 2012 GT with no cats.

ON EDIT: Mine fits way too close to the floor, so bumps are causing it to rub. I spent an hour yesterday trying to adjust it so that the back, near the hanger, would sit lower...to no avail. I then folded up some heat wrap and placed it between the pipe and the floor, but that just transferred vibration all of the time. So, now I went and bought a longer rubber exhaust hanger and I am hoping it will give me enough clearance to stop the downpipe from smacking the floorboard. Only other option if that fails is to take it off and beat some clearance into it with a hammer. This part is very aggravating.

Mike

Last edited:

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
Installed mine today. Fit was good, no leaks, and it woke up the stock exhaust a bit. Car feels smoother as well. Not nearly as much exhaust odor as my 2012 GT with no cats.

ON EDIT: Mine fits way too close to the floor, so bumps are causing it to rub. I spent an hour yesterday trying to adjust it so that the back, near the hanger, would sit lower...to no avail. I then folded up some heat wrap and placed it between the pipe and the floor, but that just transferred vibration all of the time. So, now I went and bought a longer rubber exhaust hanger and I am hoping it will give me enough clearance to stop the downpipe from smacking the floorboard. Only other option if that fails is to take it off and beat some clearance into it with a hammer. This part is very aggravating.

Mike
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but did you ever get this installation issue resolved? And where did you purchase the longer rubber exhaust hanger from? I'd like to have one for installation in case I run into the same issue.

Sponsored

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Was wondering if people who installed this dp have anymore feedback for it, saw some people complaining about thumping and scraping, any info would be appreciated .

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
Was wondering if people who installed this dp have anymore feedback for it, saw some people complaining about thumping and scraping, any info would be appreciated .
I've had this downpipe in my car for a couple weeks now. Knowing that their may be figment issues, I took this into account while I installed it. This is how I installed it:

1. Removed stock downpipe and mounting bracket as one piece.
2. Installed the turbo section of the downpipe first, and tightened it down all the way. The holes have literally no slop.
3. Installed the resonator side slip section section loosely.
4. Installed the long section, loosely fitted the v-clamps.
5. Before I tightened the rest I reviewed the downpipe area and rotated the longest pipe section slightly to accommodate the most clearance, but also without binding the slip/resonator. Then slowly went back and forth between the two v-clamps to tighten.
6. When I had the 2 v-clamps seated, but not torqued completely, I went and tightened the slip connector at the resonator all the way, then lastly tightened the v-clamps all the way.

No rubbing at all. Even high rpm shifts, and no rubbing/hitting. The problem is just that there is a lot of variation in the installation due to the v-clamp connections on the pipe, and the slip connection on the resonator. Also, my resonator is not level anymore though, the front side is 0.25" lower than the back, but no rubbing.

Also, I offered $200 shipped, and got it for $225 shipped. Also, no CEL yet with the extender I bought.

Nick

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Really appreciate the info sl1kn1ck.

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
Really appreciate the info sl1kn1ck.
No problem!

One other thing I did, is I removed the entire hanger mount at the resonator because I couldn't get the rubber hanger off the stock downpipe under the car. I reinstalled the bracket hand tight when I installed the downpipe, and torqued it down all the way last, after everything else was tight.
Sponsored