Sponsored

Anyone else drive like a granny?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I don't smoke the tires all the time because I can't afford to replace them but .... I beat the snot out of my car every chance I get.
Sponsored

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well you could say I drive like a Grandpa and it's because I am a grandpa at 61 years old. Always loved high performance cars, will drive them until I can't any more. I take care of my cars- they are a passion in life for me. I drive them as daily drivers but I drive them carefully and don't take off fast at every light- I take off easy and save wear and tear on the drive train. Most cars will floor it and beat me off the line- they are in a massive hurry only to slam on the brakes and get to the next light- with me next to them again. I witness it every single day. I cruise at 5-10 MPH over the speed limit on back roads once up to speed, I don't ever tail gate. On the high way I'll drive the speed limit if it is 70, anything less I'll go 5-10 MPH over. Driving this way I am rewarded with fantastic gas mileage- especially with manual transmission. Oh yeah I sure do open it up once in a while- and it's great to have a high powered car that will open up and get out of it's own way when I need it. But most of the time, relaxed driving, just enjoying a nice car.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I find it increasingly tough to drive it other than granny style with all the damn cars on the road and cost of tickets and insurance. Seriously thinking of going back to a truck/suv for a DD.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I find it increasingly tough to drive it other than granny style with all the damn cars on the road and cost of tickets and insurance. Seriously thinking of going back to a truck/suv for a DD.
You need to invest in a good uniden detector and run waze along with it if the thought of tickets are hurting your enjoyment of the car. Its not a bullet proof way but enjoy life and if you end up with a ticket. Life happens

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I was watching a YT video of the trailer for the movie Christine and one comment was how cool cars were back in the late 50s but today everyone drives a “ potato “. It made me laugh out loud!

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Idk.......I drive like I have some sense 90% of the time, because I'm using the car for its intended purpose: transportation.

The other 10% of the time I do like to have some fun with it. I live in the Ozarks so I can always find some really fun mountain roads nearby to go attack. The addition of the AWE exhaust has definitely had an impact on my driving style.

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm the same OP. Matter of fact I haven't used launch control or drag mode yet after a year of ownership. No desire to either. :bandit:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I let traffic, weather, road conditions, and my general mood determine my rate of speed or lack of. Pretty simple.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I only have a six mile commute to work so I have no real choice but to drive like a granny in mild traffic. But once a week I take the long way home and let her rip on the open road. :) And weekends of course.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I really wish I had a 2nd car to DD. I find it so hard to drive my Mustang normally because I love the way it sounds when its opened up and the rush I get when shifting it at 7500rpms and she breaks loose. That RST clutch and flywheel really changed the way this car shifts.LOL I don't drive it much late at night anymore since I've gotten pulled over twice...can't see the cops very well.:)

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I'm as guilty as the OP, unless someone is on my bumper on a back road. Then................they get left in a cloud of 93 octane fumes.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I usually never drive over 5-9 miles of the speed limit wherever I go. Even with the mods I have I don't really wring it out all that much, I mean I've gone through the twisties with it for sure. I don't believe I've ever taken it past 100 on a wide open road though, nor have I ever done a tire roasting hard launch. I'll save that for the strip, cruising on the street is ok for me, and I'm a 36 year old dude lol.
Sponsored