Sponsored

driver side blind spot. anyone else having issues?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I'm having trouble seeing driver side blind spot. I turn and look and can't see the rear driver side window. Just the front one.

Is that normal? Is the front window enough to see blind spot? That's the extra mini mirror but I'm not used to that at all. Is that reliable?
Sponsored

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
You mean you can only see through the driver side window and not the back one? Driver side window is huge it's easy for me to see the blind spot by turning my head + mirror.

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I turn my head but also found that if adjust the mirror so it shows the side of the car more or less, as I lean forward I see further and further away from the driver's side of the car. Then again my viewing is a bit different maybe since I have a convertible

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i can see around this car just fine + mirrors + blis

Sponsored

jrowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBeast
That's interesting. For almost 40 years of accident free driving... I've preferred to have a glimpse of my car in the edge of the side mirrors. It gives me a visual constant. My mirror isn't "floating" in space, as it were. It's also how I can tell if it's moved even just a little bit. I personally don't rely on the side mirror to see all of the blind spot but rather farther off. I should know of cars earlier... before they're in my blind spot. Blind spot vision has always been a quick turnaround for me. I suppose it's all personal preference.

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
That's interesting. For almost 40 years of accident free driving... I've preferred to have a glimpse of my car in the edge of the side mirrors.
Yup - same. I could have sworn I was taught that way as well when setting up my side mirrors. I'm a threat to us all!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
No issues with blind spots. Use/set up your mirrors correctly and you shouldn't have a problem.
BLIS saved me from a potential accident yesterday. Because of a tourist who doesn't know NYC laws (which, admittedly, isn't entirely their fault because this law isn't posted anywhere and it seems that ONLY locals know about it).

So, it's illegal to make a right on red in NYC. But there's, I think, like one sign in the entire city that tells you this, so a lot of times tourists make illegal right turns. Anyway, I'm driving down the middle lane of a three lane avenue, at 25 mph (the new city-wide speed limit... ugh), and pass an intersection where there's a car waiting at a red light. Traffic in the middle lane is blocked by a semi trying to make a left turn a couple of blocks up, so I go to shift over into the right lane (there had been no cars behind me at all, so there's nobody who should have been in that lane) and glanced in my sideview mirror... can't see any cars, but BLIS is lit up.

This was a situation where it should have been impossible for another car to be in the right lane behind me, and nothing showed in my right mirror... but the BLIS was able to detect the car that made the illegal turn into that lane that I might have sideswiped had I made that turn. Nifty thing, BLIS.

Sponsored

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I also like to see a very small amount of my sides in the mirror that way I know my car's space relations with other cars. Then I'm like an owl always shoulder checking like a fiend.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I also like to see a very small amount of my sides in the mirror that way I know my car's space relations with other cars. Then I'm like an owl always shoulder checking like a fiend.
This.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
BLIS saved me from a potential accident yesterday. Because of a tourist who doesn't know NYC laws (which, admittedly, isn't entirely their fault because this law isn't posted anywhere and it seems that ONLY locals know about it).

So, it's illegal to make a right on red in NYC. But there's, I think, like one sign in the entire city that tells you this, so a lot of times tourists make illegal right turns. Anyway, I'm driving down the middle lane of a three lane avenue, at 25 mph (the new city-wide speed limit... ugh), and pass an intersection where there's a car waiting at a red light. Traffic in the middle lane is blocked by a semi trying to make a left turn a couple of blocks up, so I go to shift over into the right lane (there had been no cars behind me at all, so there's nobody who should have been in that lane) and glanced in my sideview mirror... can't see any cars, but BLIS is lit up.

This was a situation where it should have been impossible for another car to be in the right lane behind me, and nothing showed in my right mirror... but the BLIS was able to detect the car that made the illegal turn into that lane that I might have sideswiped had I made that turn. Nifty thing, BLIS.

it's possible your ridiculous seating position didn't really help you in this situation. :)

Horse Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn

Yeah, right outside the Manhattan exit of the Lincoln Tunnel. It should be a tourist destination.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
it's possible your ridiculous seating position didn't really help you in this situation. :)
Real thugs drive with the driver's seat reclined.

Sponsored