Anyone coming from gt350?

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
If by biased, you mean he doesn’t agree with you then, yes. I can tell. The fact that he said, “IMO”, clued me in.
You seem mightily offended that someone has their own opinion or that someone can enjoy their 350 more than a 500.
The fact he has never driven a gt500 (more than likely) should drop him from the conversation. Read the title of the thread. He's coming in here running his mouth when he can't answer the question asked by the OP. He is here just to stir shit. IF he can prove he has experience then I'll STFU but I haven't seen him say he has any experience with a GT500.

How you gonna go after someone with experience with both versus someone with no experience with the GT500? He is talking out of his ass. Whether he truly loves his gt350 and think there can't be a better car made or he is pissed he can't find/afford a 500 doesn't matter. He is replying to a question about 1 car vs another with no experience in one of them. His opinion in this specific conversation is invalid.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Wow - enjoy your car.

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Wow - enjoy your car.
Not sure what is "wow". IF facts don't suit you then wow sorry for you lol. I loved my gt350 as I have said. But to this specific thread people that don't have experience in both cars don't really have much room to run their mouth.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Back to topic.

I have had a few GT350's current is an 18R.
Also through much effort I received a 20 GT500 CFTP.

Both are great cars. I am NOT EVEN close to the limit on either yet, but that should come with track time.

The GT500 is definitely powerful and fast, it can corner too.
I feel that it allows or requires more driver effort at limits in corners due to power and ease of breaking free the rear end, but again I am WAY new to the car.

The GT350 is far more visceral and fun to drive around and hit the streets with. The shifting and the sound, wow the sound, you can't touch that Voodoo. It just makes you feel like you are in a fun road / race car.

I love both so far, but I must say the GT500 from a pure sound and driver engagement perspective does not deliver the in car feedback of the GT350. It is way faster in straights and maybe even in corners than the GT350, WAY more in the straights.

If I had to choose one, which obviously I don't right now, I would probably choose the GT350.
The main reason for choice, if I keep driving the GT500 on the street, I will get arrested. Man that SOB is FAST. But also I really like the feedback the GT350 provides from a sound and clutch aspect for a street car. I will never shift as fast as the DCT or go as fast as the GT500 in the GT350, but on the street do you REALY need to???

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not sure what is "wow". IF facts don't suit you then wow sorry for you lol. I loved my gt350 as I have said. But to this specific thread people that don't have experience in both cars don't really have much room to run their mouth.
Wow was just for how hostile you seem...and the realization that it was never worth talking to you.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The main reason for choice, if I keep driving the GT500 on the street, I will get arrested.
Made me lol - that reason actually makes a lot of sense. I've had some faster cars and I always felt that that faster they were, the more unusable they were on the street without getting arrested. I recently had an RS3 with some mods...was an 11.0 draggy time...and it was plain enough looking that I could drive around in relative anonymity.

This happens at all levels - I talked to an air-cooled Porsche guy (I have one too) once who described the GT350R as approaching too fast to enjoy on the street when compared to an air-cooled car....where most things happen in slow motion but is certainly an enjoyable driving experience.

I think it comes down to your intended use for the car, the area you live in and your appetite for risk - as these cars get faster. I drove a Taycan the other day and it was insanely fast but without the noise of a petrol engine, I felt a little stealthy...so the sound definitely plays a role.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
...so the sound definitely plays a role.
I agree with your assessment of power on the street, Jeff but like any really quick car, you have to get off the throttle a good bit sooner than almost all other vehicles. The risk of issues with the folks in blue is most definitely higher when it's loud AND fast. I think that may be the first thing that gets noticed more than anything else.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I agree with your assessment of power on the street, Jeff but like any really quick car, you have to get off the throttle a good bit sooner than almost all other vehicles. The risk of issues with the folks in blue is most definitely higher when it's loud AND fast. I think that may be the first thing that gets noticed more than anything else.
I know if I'm outside where I can hear traffic and I hear some zoom going on, my head swivels right around, lol.

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
The GT500 is extremely fast on the street I found myself hitting the interstate a lot just to experience the power and speed. I felt like the car was zero to jail very quickly. I did test drive a GT350 and did enjoy driving it as well. Ford has given us the opportunity with both of these cars in 2020 to have a choice and neither are a wrong choice in my opinion.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
JeremyPro5.0 said:

The main reason for choice, if I keep driving the GT500 on the street, I will get arrested.

Just makes me want a 500 more.

TheRestorer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
JeremyPro5.0 said:

Just makes me want a 500 more.
TBH that is probably some of my reason for driving the 350 more, at least close to home. Though some of it likely comes from my color choice, the 500 gets way more attention and the speedo climbs way too fast, too often.

OP
OP

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
TBH that is probably some of my reason for driving the 350 more, at least close to home. Though some of it likely comes from my color choice, the 500 gets way more attention and the speedo climbs way too fast, too often.
What color did u go with? I'm still debating on color and stripe or no stripe.... every day my mind changes. The more pics I look at the more confused I get.... lol! Good problem to have I guess!
Sponsored