Sponsored

2020 GT500 Strange Noise Coming from Rear of Car

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Well that's just weird, Don and I could swear the sound is coming from the passenger rear but then, my hearing ain't what it used to be, either. :-)>
It does seem to come more from the right rear. There are some electronics in the trunk near the right rear wheel well (not the subwoofer). Could be the GPS and Sat Radio phoning home via the WiFi.
I havenā€™t been near the car when playing with the Ford App, though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I wonder if the car goes through some kind of a periodic self test and then reports the findings when it is near a Wi-Fi connection?

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Earl, this car Iā€™ve found makes a lot of strange noises, even when idling. Iā€™ve heard the same noise youā€™re talking about too and Iā€™ve driven 2,000 miles so far. As long as the diagnostics arenā€™t coding and I can consistently take it on some cruises and get some hard pulls in without problems, Iā€™m not concerned. This is also why I bought the Flood Ford Extended Warranty. LOL

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I wonder if the car goes through some kind of a periodic self test and then reports the findings when it is near a Wi-Fi connection?
Yes, and you'll see that it does this. Pay attention to what your NAV screen says to you sometimes...

An example...I cleared the codes I saw for my TCU on March 8th. The car let Ford know and I discovered this at Ford's ETIS site.

z Ford ETIS.JPG

The beat went from eerie to calming in my head, knowing that this shit goes on behind my back. It just ain't right when your own car rats you out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I know. I've tried to take a shot of the NAV screen when it messages that it is forwarding data to the mothership but it is too brief.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I vaguely recall that some cars check the evaporative emission system periodically while parked. Do we have one of those?

Sponsored

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
All my newer cars do it. Sounds like the fuel pumps charging up or something.
But with 4 cars in my garage, its a cacophony of sounds going on when Iā€™m out there doing something. Iā€™ve learned to ignore them.
On the other hand: maybe they are talking to each other, about me, or maybe Iā€™m just hearing these sounds all in my head...or they are out to get me!
Damn, I wish I had a 4 car garage. And yes they are talking. They are like 'He took me out last, Ha! the rest of you can sit and rust!' or other trash talk.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Damn, I wish I had a 4 car garage.
Make that two of us, John.

But my neighbor also has three and she doesn't use any of the spots so I have one of mine spending its isolation time there. :-)
Sponsored